WOOHOO! Finally NWN2 1.13!

Sand

Its finally here! YAY!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

since you're lazy bastards:

It's been a while since the last community update. As such, I thought I would give you a little teaser for some of the 1.13 patch notes, while I write the real Community Update. Please remember that this list is very much incomplete.

Bug Fixes

General

* The toolset and game now load hak files in the same order.

* Skills such as Search will no longer broadcast multiple messages to the chat window while in use. A single message will be displayed when turning the skill on or off.

Multiplayer

* The chat channel will no longer revert to Local when a player transitions to a new area or module.

DM Client

* Fixed an issue where DMs would not receive messages on the DM channel if they were filtering out the shout channel.

* The console command dm_setfaction will no longer cause crashes.

Toolset

* The toolset and game now load hak files in the same order.

* Fixed an issue where you could not tint multi-selected tiles.

* Light spheres shall now display properly.

* Sound spheres shall now display properly.

* The creature cache in Area Properties shall now work as intended.

Scripting

* The GetNextItemInInventory() script function should now work properly with stores.

Custom Content

* The Skills.2da file will now accept up to 100 rows of data.

New Features

Multiplayer

* The chat system now has a /r command for replying to the last private message a player receives. After receiving a private message, the player can enter "/r" into the chat system which will automatically address a private message to the person that sent the previous private message.

Toolset

* The ItemPropertyActivationPreference property for items is now accessible through scripting.

Scripting

* A SetCollision(object oTarget, int bCollision) function has been made available. This will allow builders and DMs to turn the collision of a creature or placeable object on or off dynamically. This function is only useful on creatures/players/placeables that already have collision and will set collision to NONE if called on an object that never had collision in the first place.

* A GetCollision(object oTarget) function has been added. This function will return the collision Boolean for an object.

* The ItemPropertyActivationPreference property for items is now accessible through scripting.

* A GetBicFileName function has been made available. This function will return the file name of a .bic file in a server vault.

* New List Box functionality has been added to the game. This includes the following script commands:

--ClearListBox

--AddListBoxRow

--RemoveListBoxRow

--ModifyListBoxRow

* A SetScrollBarRanges(object oPlayer, string sScreenName, string sScrollBarName, int nMinSize, int nMaxSize, int nMinValue, int nMaxValue) function has been added to the game. This function will allow you to set custom values to a scrollbar.

* A SetFactionLeader(object oNewLeader) function has been added to the game. This allows you to set a companion to be the speaker in a conversation.

* A GetFirstSubArea(object oArea, vector vPosition) function has been added to the game. This function lets you iterate over the

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Does it have a "Challenging Combat" fix? :bat:

Just download Tony K's AI.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Bleh, now I have to wait to d/l until Tony K's AI is updated for 1.13.

Not really. I have been using Tony K's 1.10, with that hotfix of his, with 1.13 and so far I haven't had a problem. Also, none of my other mods are breaking the game so I think 1.13 is mostly, if not completely, mod friendly for those who used 1.12 as a template.

Bleh, now I have to wait to d/l until Tony K's AI is updated for 1.13.

Not really. I have been using Tony K's 1.10, with that hotfix of his, with 1.13 and so far I haven't had a problem. Also, none of my other mods are breaking the game so I think 1.13 is mostly, if not completely, mod friendly for those who used 1.12 as a template.

Really? Perhaps then I'll give 1.13 a go and hope Tony K's don't break anything. :D

Thanks for letting me know!

Well, there appears to be a fault in the patch. A real killer fault if you play a paladin or cleric. Divine Might, and a lot of the Divine spells have been pretty much nerfed to uselessness. I do wish they had rollback patches when these issues come up.

Hey Obsidian folks, TEST YOUR SCRIPTS!

Sheesh.

now that is epic level fail

WTF OBSIDIAN?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

In the tread about the patch at the Biowware forums, Rob MCGinnis said that we had to clear out our override folders as well as our custom UI folders. Why is this? BTW, I have a default UI folder. Is this the same as custom UI folder ?

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Yes. It is to make sure there is no mess ups during the patch process.

With its widespread effect on class abilities, feats, and spells this should have been caught prior to release. QA staff definitely dropped the ball on this one.