What you did today

Gorth

How about you pull her aside after class when the guys not around and tell her or if your school uses webcampus or you have her email shoot her an email. Being anonymous about it is completely unnecessary and could cause more danger waiting for her to get the message. Just explain the situation to her but don't try to scare the hell out of her either. Keep the tone light but informative that this guy is a scum bag. You'll look like the good guy so you can move in afterwords.

I had 3 of my classes today, one involved both a lecture hall and an ethnic professor. Then another involved a menopausal women who literally talked for 2 hours about her tired old jokes and outdated and irrelevant work/life experiences. Then we did about 5 minutes of actual work in a 40 minute period. Then I came home and checked out my online class which was literally a sick joke. It's an information systems class and taught you how to use word. There was a section that told you such crucial knowledge such as that the up arrow, moves your "insertion point" (that's literally what they call the blinking line thing) up and that the space bar, get this, creates a space. No wonder the school got cut a million dollars in their budget. Mwhahah your going to burn while I receive a paycheck from you while going to a competing school. God I'm awesome.

There is cosmic justice for them I suppose. I have a business law class tomorrow that is worth 0 credits but its required as a prereq for a higher business law course required for the major. It's taught by an actual judge in the city and has a book that is over 1k and its own study guide. I opened up to the first chapter and my soul shed a single tear inside. This is why god created mercy aneurysms.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Drove by the house for the first time in over a week today. They have all the siding on now and are starting to add drywall to the interior. Only two more weeks hopefully. It's looking like they will finish on time. :)

DSC0009821.jpg

WOW- that looks great! Is that an existing owned home or something you have recently acquired. Looks great - hope it all works out!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

DN, sounds like you're overcomplicating this. If he's got a string of mahdi girls behind him, just encourage one of them to say something.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I say be up front and honest to his next target. Let her know his history, and let your friend back you up if she is willing. At any rate he sounds like someone who needs to stand in a pail of water with you running electrical current in it.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Guest The Architect
Fantastic work GD. It's really touching that you are opening it up as a refuge for all the lonely Obsidianites.

:lol:

WOW- that looks great! Is that an existing owned home or something you have recently acquired. Looks great - hope it all works out!

I bought the land back in May, then contracted the house in June. The walkdown is on Sept 9. The day after I'm going on a long road trip to pick up all of my dogs, they are scattered out over three states.

And for all the lonely Obsidanites my hospitality is always yours if you bring me booze. I like Flying Dog, Rolling Rock, Guiness, and Knob Creek bourbon.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Great day yesterday. Free haircut in morning because I helped the hairdresser sort out some treatment for her mum. Got recognised in a major international anti-crime forum, and went to my favourite restaurant to work on some theoretical problems. Solved two of the theoretical problems over beer and snacks, validating years of work! In celebratory mood, so dragged many friends out to celebrate. We had great food, a mix of conversation from babies to famine to molecular chemistry and back to dating. Restaurant owners very happy to have their restaurant busy on a Wednesday, gave me half my food for free! Everyone left very happy.

Had horrifying full realism nightmares about civil war in the UK, people being murdered in the streets, bombs going off, families fleeing for their lives. Bloody horrible. Woke up early and decided to get straight back to work. Hopefully I can fidn a cure for cancer and take another afternoon off! :sorcerer:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Great day yesterday. Free haircut in morning because I helped the hairdresser sort out some treatment for her mum. Got recognised in a major international anti-crime forum, and went to my favourite restaurant to work on some theoretical problems. Solved two of the theoretical problems over beer and snacks, validating years of work! In celebratory mood, so dragged many friends out to celebrate. We had great food, a mix of conversation from babies to famine to molecular chemistry and back to dating. Restaurant owners very happy to have their restaurant busy on a Wednesday, gave me half my food for free! Everyone left very happy.

From time to time reading your posts, I've wondered what exactly it is that you do. This post leaves me with the impression that you work in international healthcare crime theory.

I suppose it is a growth industry...

He is in military. He is sneaky commando in black pajamas who stalk peo- *gurk*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just found out I'm going to have my kids this weekend (their father is sick) and I *really* wanna get away from the house. Anyone know of anything fun (and cheap) to do in central US?

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Sure! But we've done it. And it's gonna be hot this weekend, so outside stuff wouldn't be very fun...

Right now I'm leaning towards Santa Fe... 8 hour drive, but it's supposed to be 77 there this weekend!

you in OK? sorry... nothing fun in that state that i know of.

i live in CO, see, which has lots of fun stuff to do. we're going back up to collegiate peaks to camp this weekend. oh, i still owe some pics of my last visit. cottonwood pass is incredible. i still favor some other locales in CO but collegiate peaks is only 2 hours away and mostly consisting of the local population, and the other places are either much farther (rio grande resevoir is 5 hours), or huge tourist attractions (rocky mountain national park).

unfortunately, tomorrow is the last week of the current pool session (billiards) so i have to be there (being the team captain and all). that means we can't drive up till saturday morning. oh well. maybe if i stay sober tomorrow night i can get some of that "romance" (ahem) that walsh is discussing in that other thread? aw, who am i kidding. i'd rather get drunk. :p

taks

comrade taks... just because.

OK isn't so bad, there's lots of stuff here to do. But I was hoping to get away for a bit. I like CO alright... but it's supposed to be hot there this weekend. If I'm going to be hot, I might as well not pay for the gas.

no, not hot anywhere i'm going. even in COS it's only going to be in the low 80s. i guess eastern CO, aka west KS, might be hot, pueblo too, but i don't do much below 7000 feet so neither of those regions qualify as "fun" in my book. :) in fact, where we're going it's 9800 feet (i live at 6900).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Had horrifying full realism nightmares about civil war in the UK, people being murdered in the streets, bombs going off, families fleeing for their lives. Bloody horrible. Woke up early and decided to get straight back to work. Hopefully I can fidn a cure for cancer and take another afternoon off! :)

you wouldn't happen to be able to tell me where to go to get unemployment would you?

Have had several generally unspectacular days, basically just hunting up and down for a job and hoping that one of the applications that I put into the county pops (because the government is a nice boss in general), trying to get insurance for my meds (thinking about going on the disability list) and trying to find out where to go to get unemployment because having 0 cash sucks. I managed to suckerpunch my way back into my the job that only gives me four hours a week with the fact that I was technically on "military leave" but I'm not willing to go back to that horror show called McDonalds for any amount of money... I just hated that place with an intense passion. Current applications in are for Borders and to the county for the Landscaping Maintenance aide. Hoping to get the Landscaping one because it could turn into a career. Need to call Job Corp back to get in touch with a councilor...

I'm rambling aren't I?

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

OK isn't so bad, there's lots of stuff here to do. But I was hoping to get away for a bit. I like CO alright... but it's supposed to be hot there this weekend. If I'm going to be hot, I might as well not pay for the gas.

If it is going to be hot, camp out at a lake that has a swimming and fishing hole.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Today was my first day on the new job. It was pretty simple but with all new jobs the first day sucks horribly. I'll have to give myself a week or two to adapt to my new schedule but either way Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to suck because I have work and class an hour apart. Plus all this driving is something so foreign to me and something I've been successful in avoiding up until now. I'm glad I dropped Philosophy though.

I have a headache and am hungry. Perhaps this isn't a coincidence. I'll have to investigate further, to the pantry!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Have had several generally unspectacular days, basically just hunting up and down for a job and hoping that one of the applications that I put into the county pops (because the government is a nice boss in general), trying to get insurance for my meds (thinking about going on the disability list) and trying to find out where to go to get unemployment because having 0 cash sucks. I managed to suckerpunch my way back into my the job that only gives me four hours a week with the fact that I was technically on "military leave" but I'm not willing to go back to that horror show called McDonalds for any amount of money... I just hated that place with an intense passion. Current applications in are for Borders and to the county for the Landscaping Maintenance aide. Hoping to get the Landscaping one because it could turn into a career. Need to call Job Corp back to get in touch with a councilor...

I'm rambling aren't I?

Obviously I don't know much about you, but you're clearly not afraid of working, can string a couple of sentences together and I'm guessing would be happiest in an unorthodox environment. Working ina bookstore isn't a bad idea at all. However, have you checked to see if there's any work going at a local college or university? in my experience such places are quite cliquey, and if you can get in the door you may be able to wangle better work, and move along the ladder. Even if you don't there's always the option of getting some discount schooling.

Just a thought.

As for my profession, I'm basically a freelance scientist. With guns.

-Elwood Blues

Phantom drawing of the real Walsingham:

techpriestey9.jpg

Few have met him and survived to tell the tale...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein