What you did today

Gorth

You little monkey spankers. Maybe Shryke and her had some internets pics.

lies

the only pics of me online are purely innocent

(as far as i'm aware) :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect
They broke up a while ago. He doesn't like to talk about it. :'(

NooooOoooooo...

I feel bad for his loss.

I thought he was getting married to her, with those champagne glasses with the rings attatched to the bottom he bought as a wedding gift.

Edited by The Architect

I began the day with a beer and a home-made all beef burger with fresh juicy tomatoes and dijonaisse sauce. I am become a God.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I began the day with a beer and a home-made all beef burger with fresh juicy tomatoes and dijonaisse sauce. I am become a God.

Well, you should be safe from Gozer then. :woot:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Today I went to a birthday party of a cousin of mine. It turned out to be more like my graduation party, with people constantly asking me about my future plans. Got pretty tiresome after a while having to do the same story over and over again. But I was congratulated more than the birthday boy, which was nice.

I just made it home after a weekend camping trip with my girlfriend. It was a lovely, lovely time. I found my inner pyromaniac skills were rekindled (pun intended, I guess). Now I have to wash most of my clothes to get the campfire smoke out of them. I also managed to barely smoke more than a pack of cigarettes over the course of four days, which is quite an accomplishment for me. Plus I didn't even take any dope with me! I'm staring at my bong now, wondering if I should or shouldn't jump right back on the hoot train.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Guest The Architect

I'm watching the Olympics. We just got ****in robbed by the judges of the bronze medal in the 10m synchronised diving final. No ****in way was the Russians last dive worthy of a 90's score.

In my new office, posting on intertubes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Today is exactly one month after my wedding. To celebrate, the wife and I (still getting used to saying that) went to Ray's the Steaks, a near-legendary steakhouse in our neighborhood. It's a tiny spot in a strip mall, next to a liquor store, with no decor or ambiance to speak of, but with the focus quite properly put on delivering the customer with the highest quality meat as cheaply as possible. (Despite the lack of ambiance, it is often lauded as the best steak in the DC area, and costs significantly less than you would pay downtown.) I had an extraordinarily good NY strip, although if we go back (and we certainly should), I want to try the hanger steak, which is the house specialty. We also ordered a bottle of Malbec, which I drank about 2/3rds of and am consequently pleasantly buzzed.

Guest The Architect

Earlier this morning my mum was cleared of having breast cancer! Not surprising news to me, but news doesn't have to be surprising for it to be great!

good news indeed, architect! i have had two friends die of lung cancer in the last few years and another just got done with breast cancer chemo. it is a hateful disease.

the only steakhouse i've eaten at in the DC area that i've liked was capitol grill, which was outstanding. it's a chain i think, but a small chain not unlike ruths chris (which is outstanding as well). of course, my wife and i are trying hard to keep referring to each other as husband and wife (rather than b**** and a******). maybe we got too used to it... dunno, it hasn't been pretty.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

When I lived in the DC area we used to go to a place called Orleans House in Alexandria. It was a dive, but they had the *best* prime rib and salad bar... I drool just thinking about that place. :D

Of course that was at least 16 years ago... sometimes I really miss DC and Annapolis... :thumbsup:

Edited by qt3.14159

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I've been sitting at work this morning waiting for the Olympics to come of TV so that I can watch them.

Between NBC, MSNBC, USA network, CNBC, Telemundo, and Oxygen you shouldn't have long to wait.

Here's a schedule

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../SPRN1254CG.DTL

Well, it's based on majority though. Which means that even if something's on, if peiople don't want to be distracted by a sport they don't want to watch...it doesn't come on. :thumbsup:

i don't. gladly i never lived there, i just had to do business there.

taks

lol, I'd *never* want to live there again, but I would like to be able to go back to visit more often. I lived there for 2.5 years in a little po dunk town east of DC and south of Annapolis. It was a great place and it was really neat being in the country but so close to the Smithsonian. We spent a lot of Sunday afternoons in DC at the traveling exhibits. The nice thing is that I was 14 - 16 at the time and my mom had no problem with me riding the metro with friends and going to the mall (not the shopping mall).

I also loved going into Annapolis with friends and looking at the pretty scenery... and by scenery I mean Midshipmen, of course. Yum!

The nice thing is that I was 14 - 16

i got right there and realized: you never had to drive in DC! :(

I also loved going into Annapolis with friends and looking at the pretty scenery... and by scenery I mean Midshipmen, of course. Yum!

ahhh! oh wait, you're a chick. ok.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

And otherwise there'd be a problem?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The nice thing is that I was 14 - 16

i got right there and realized: you never had to drive in DC! :p

taks

lol, I did drive in DC a little bit, but you're right, it wasn't much. Though it probably was some of the scariest moment's of my parent's lives... :-

And yeah, I'm a chick.

Speaking of DC, another story for ya'll: Today after sneaking out of work a bit early, I hitched a ride with a co-worker and went to play in an office softball game. We play on the fields just between the Potomac and the Tidal Basin, which is a stone's throw away from both the Jefferson and FDR Memorials.

Anyhow, after the game, I decided to walk home. I walked up past the FDR, along the path through the cherry trees around the Tidal Basin, across the old Polo Grounds, to the reflecting pool on the Mall, around the Lincoln Memorial, and over Arlington Memorial Bridge. From there, I walked north along Route 1, right around the edges of Arlington National Cemetery (the perfect geometry of the headstones always gets me), past the Marine Corps Memorial (usually called the Iwo Jima Memorial), where some kind of parade was going on. Then it was just over the footbridge across Route 50 and up the hill into my neighborhood. All told, about 3.5 miles and just over an hour of walking on a beautiful evening. We've been looking to move further out into the 'burbs, so this is the sort of thing I've been trying to take advantage of before I miss my chance.

Speaking of DC, another story for ya'll: Today after sneaking out of work a bit early, I hitched a ride with a co-worker and went to play in an office softball game. We play on the fields just between the Potomac and the Tidal Basin, which is a stone's throw away from both the Jefferson and FDR Memorials.

Anyhow, after the game, I decided to walk home. I walked up past the FDR, along the path through the cherry trees around the Tidal Basin, across the old Polo Grounds, to the reflecting pool on the Mall, around the Lincoln Memorial, and over Arlington Memorial Bridge. From there, I walked north along Route 1, right around the edges of Arlington National Cemetery (the perfect geometry of the headstones always gets me), past the Marine Corps Memorial (usually called the Iwo Jima Memorial), where some kind of parade was going on. Then it was just over the footbridge across Route 50 and up the hill into my neighborhood. All told, about 3.5 miles and just over an hour of walking on a beautiful evening. We've been looking to move further out into the 'burbs, so this is the sort of thing I've been trying to take advantage of before I miss my chance.

You're *killing* me! I love that whole area so much... The Jefferson and Iwo Jima memorials are my favorites! Especially at night... so pretty. I haven't been back since one of my friend's weddings... and that was almost ten years ago now!

Damn it, I need a vacation!

Tomorrow we embark on the annual Gfted1 family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. Four days of over-chlorinated goodness and this year we're going to the mighty Mt. Olympus water park which should be cool. The kids love it anyway, my job is pretty much making sure nobody drowns.