What you did today

Gorth

I've always viewed quantum physics with the same suspicion I have of hard drugs. Sure someone sort of has to do it, to report back. But it's a 'red jumper' affair.

Uhh, what?

You know, as in red jumper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6JVbHiB5k

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've always viewed quantum physics with the same suspicion I have of hard drugs. Sure someone sort of has to do it, to report back. But it's a 'red jumper' affair.

Uhh, what?

You know, as in red jumper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6JVbHiB5k

oh, redshirts :yucky:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

So I'm buying a new car. It's going to have a 20 gig hard drive

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

my "new" (a year old now) car now has some light truck tires with 6-ply sidewalls. is that the same as a big HDD? :woot:

oh, today i had a HIDA scan done to check liver, pancreas and gall bladder function. it took two hours so i watched harry potter and the goblet of fire while lying there. yawn. i dozed off a few times. the final part of the test involved a hormone they injected to squish my gall bladder, and it has apparently mucked up my intestines.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

kewl.

the effects of the scan are now apparent. my gall bladder contracted and dumped a ton of acid into my small intestine. it hurts. i think i'm going to go home and cry.

taks

So I'm buying a new car. It's going to have a 20 gig hard drive

Watch out for those RRODs. You might want to invest in some good radials. :woot:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

kewl.

the effects of the scan are now apparent. my gall bladder contracted and dumped a ton of acid into my small intestine. it hurts. i think i'm going to go home and cry.

taks

Is that worse than an ulcer? It dosen't sound good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I received the design docs and prototype for the new beacon controller. Looks like I'll be busy sifting through it the next few weeks. I need to have all of my changes completed by 8/22.

I'm renting a very crappy one room apartment in Bartlett now. It's just a 90 day lease so the rent was just god-awful. And I don't get to have any dogs with me. I've got dogs scattered accross 3 states. Two with my parents, one with my brother, two with friends in Ga., three with my ex, and four boarding in a doggie day care here in Memphis. I go see them every day though it's not so bad. It's always sad when I have to leave though. September can't get here fast enough!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What are you guys talking about?

Where the radio is, they have a touch screen computer type thing, that is a radio, satalite radio, navigation system, and it has a 20 gig hardrive so you can store your music and photos on it. It also is a DVD player.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Nice avatar, GD, but it would have been better if it was a McCain sign. :lol:

That is a lot of dogs as well. I hope you are getting a house with a very very large yard. At most I have ever had was a hamster and he drowned. Poor hamster.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Applying for a museum assistant position. Hopefully it'll be like that film, Night at the Museum, only everything pretty much just stays inanimate. No coming alive, I can't stress that enough. **** Van Dyke's welcome to make an appearance however.

Nice avatar, GD, but it would have been better if it was a McCain sign. :)

That is a lot of dogs as well. I hope you are getting a house with a very very large yard. At most I have ever had was a hamster and he drowned. Poor hamster.

The whole plot of land is just shy of 26 acres. I'm working every weekend building a fence around the whole plot. Since I'm working alone it is one HECK of a hard job. Hot too. I've never spent so much time with a chainsaw in my life! Anyway, once the perimeter fence is completed I can start bringing the four dogs I have up here with me on the weekends when I work on the place. The house is coming right along. The well is done, the foundation and frame are up and every Friday when I go there more has been completed. It's VERY exciting to see. The house is in a natural clearing (that I enlarged a bit) about 1/3 of the way into the property. I cut a driveway in from the main road. The clearing is roughly 1.5 acres and I'm going to built a second fence (rubber coated chain link) around that part. When I'm home the dogs will have access to the whole property (except at night of course) and when I'm at work they will have the house and the clearing. I can't wait for Friday to get back out there.

How the heck did your hamster drown? You didn't have a Richard Gere moment did you???

Thomas Sowell

He escaped from his cage while I was visiting family one night and got a little too personal with my goldfish.

He escaped from his cage while I was visiting family one night and got a little too personal with my goldfish.

What you don't know is that she, or he, had been enticing him -the hamster- all night and had planned the whole event. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What you don't know is that she, or he, had been enticing him -the hamster- all night and had planned the whole event. :)

Now that IS evil. Must have been like that goldfish from South Park.

Thomas Sowell

taks, why are you doing all that? Is there a health concern?

yes. chronic duodenitis which started after i had already been taking prilosec (omeprazole) daily. i've always had GERD, but now i have this inflammation in my stomach to go with it. in the past 3 months i've had a nuclear stress test (check my heart), endoscopy (which found the duodenitis) with a stomach tissue biopsy, an ultrasound of my abdomen (liver, gall bladder, spleen, pancreas, "gut," and kidneys), the HIDA scan and a host of blood tests. everything is normal, but my stomach is a mess even now that i'm on twice a day aciphex (rabeprazole). actually, i've decided that the omeprazole works better, or at least lasts longer, some i'm switching back. unfortunately, unless my GI doc officially diagnoses me with some hypersecretory condition, my insurance will only cover one 20 mg dose per day (though i've met my deductible so all drugs are free now).

if i had not already been taking the prilosec (which is a proton pump inhibitor, btw), i probably would have gotten ulcers, which are supposedly worse than what i have. after all this, there are really only two options: i have a gastrinoma somewhere in my stomach that they haven't found (they're usually small), or i actually have h. pylori and the biopsy was negative because i was already taking twice a day prilosec by the time i was tested. the former is cancer, so i'm hoping on the latter. i actually have all the symptoms plus some of the weird stuff from h. pylori. since it is a foreign bacteria, your body does produce an immune response which causes other issues as if you had some illness (like pains in your kidneys, occasional low fevers, etc.).

my physician thinks it's related to my general anxiety, but the zoloft has that under control almost 100%. the only test left is a PET/CT scan, which is generally considered less effective for these sorts of things than all the other tests i've already had. i want them to just give me the danged triple therapy consisting of two antibiotics and omeprazole. at least then i'll know...

oh, btw, twice a day PPIs totally eradicate GERD. the only good part of all this i guess.

taks

I had an interview today for a job at school. It was a far cry from the last couple of interviews I've had over the years which were in all honestly a complete debacle in terms of human social behavior and should be crimes against humanity. I was still ridiculously nervous and about to have a heart attack but I pretended like I had confidence and tried to keep my cool (aka miraculously not sweating profusely through my clothes) and before I knew it there was laughter, there was crying, there was hope. My biggest problem is always having short interviews and this was no exception. I clocked in at about 14 minutes tops but it was a new personal best in regards to how well I spoke and interacted with the interviewers. The first question went alright but the next 3-4 I nailed pretty hard core but I kind of just ran out of steam and fell flat towards the end. My answers became increasingly short and unstructured with lots of "hmms" and "umms" but I'm still pretty happy with how it all went down. They seemed pretty interested and it fits my schedule perfectly so we will see in the next coming week or so.

Luckily if this doesn't pull through I can always work at the city where I'm kind of guaranteed a job. It just means starting at below 7 dollars an hour and working with a bunch of high schoolers and stuff. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, good luck. I have my own interview to worry about on Friday, and I am really not looking forward to it for the simple reason that I recently looked of my revised class lineup and realized that it would conflict with the job. Oh well... :rolleyes:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

i had an interview once in which i was running a fever of somewhere around 102 or so. it broke 5 minutes into the interview and i started sweating profusely. the guy i was interviewing with, the VP of Engineering, freaked out, opened the door, got me some water... there was humor involved. i didn't get the job, but that interview actually got me to the next one, oddly enough.

oh, HIDA scan results were also normal. i was directed to a dietitian. it's not my diet. follow-up tomorrow and i'm going to ask point blank to be put on the antibiotics. grrr...

taks