What you did today

Gorth

Maybe it's true that things just are bigger in America :lol:

Yeah and in many cases a hell of a lot less effective and practical.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

There are a lot more cry babies too.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So much dust. Why does no one ever clean the server rooms at their office? Why must there be several metric tons for dust coating everything? My hands were black by the time I had everything set up. And after all that of course one of the stupid computers wouldn't connect to the network. Stupid bank. And I have to go back next week to replace the workstations. :lol:

The house is also a great option for retirement. Eventually the mortgage will be paid off and you'll only have property taxes (which are limited in my state, my grandma pays $700 a year on her house, while a new neighbor would pay closer to $9,000.) So you can set yourself up to live very cheap in the golden years.

Plus you can sell it and move into a retirement home, as after 30 years it's probably gone up a ton if you haven't refinanced over and over again.

Or you can reverse mortage and live your life like a king in your end years. Just hope you die before your equity runs out.

Surey that's just a question of knowing the right strippers?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I got a speeding ticket on the way to see Speed Racer for the last time in the theater. But considering I've been listening to the soundtrack in my car for the last month, it's very surprising I hadn't gotten one sooner.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Why does no one ever clean the server rooms at their office? Why must there be several metric tons for dust coating everything?

Because they assume computers are now dust-proof? :) I don't know, but I agree - it's damn annoying. :aiee:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I bought an EDeathZ on Diablo 2 for 20 HRs.

Stupid over pricers.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

EDeathz?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I had a startling realization about my customers and ethnicity, at least of those who frequent my store at the late night hours. If this offends anyone I apologize.

Hispanics will only buy beer or cigarettes when they come in, but they are always polite and never obviously drunk when doing so.

Whites will more often come in drunk, loud, and running in at the last minute before the 2am cut off time. Younger they are the more drunk, loud, and more often than not, late they are. They also buy a lot of pizza and chips.

Blacks are pretty much the same with Hispanics, though a couple may come in with obvious signs of drunkiness, but not as bad as whites. They tend to still be vertical, but get particularly defensive if you ask for their ID, even though they drove to the store. Also they tend to load up on cheese and candy, and occasionally Cheetoes.

Asians are rare but almost every time they come in they always grab a Gatorade, either from the fountain area or from the cooler.

Middle Eastern folks usually just buy the newspaper.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

This lunchtime I convinced the ladies at the deli to make me a black pudding, mascarpone, and sweet chilli baguette. One hour later I'm still trying to work out if I am a culinary genius, or should be shot.

-Elwood Blues

I say both. At least you would have your last meal. :brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My last meal is going to be nitroglycerine. The explosive kind. But only if they're going to shoot, hang, or electrocute me.

-Elwood Blues

I read lots of theoretical physics

My head hurts

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The house is also a great option for retirement. Eventually the mortgage will be paid off and you'll only have property taxes (which are limited in my state, my grandma pays $700 a year on her house, while a new neighbor would pay closer to $9,000.) So you can set yourself up to live very cheap in the golden years.

Plus you can sell it and move into a retirement home, as after 30 years it's probably gone up a ton if you haven't refinanced over and over again.

yeah, the unknown benefit* of owning vs. renting. your payment, in general, stays relatively the same forever other than insurance and property taxes, which don't make up the bulk of your monthly payment anyway. my mother lives in a $200,000 house and has something like a $250/month payment, and it's only that high because she took out an additional HELOC for "just in case" money.

i put a * after benefit because most people don't really consider the fixed cost of owning compared to increasing cost of living when considering rent vs. buy. they think short term, but fail to grasp that their rent is going up, probably every year, to stay with inflation. of course, ownership has big initial costs (down payment, closing) and we've already discussed the maintenance issues. the down payment is the reason i still live in my house with a tiny yard, btw. i want land, a few acres at least, but i don't have enough equity in my home to cover the house i'd like to buy. we never had the housing boom so much here in COS, but for some reason we're suffering the crunch anyway. grrr...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My head hurts

i'm reading about synthetic aperture radar (SAR). it's actually rather interesting as far as radar topics go.

taks

My head hurts

i'm reading about synthetic aperture radar (SAR). it's actually rather interesting as far as radar topics go.

taks

Two words: Quantum Mechanics

In particular I've read some vindicating criticism of Bohm's model (and indirect support for Copenhagen model) and about Transactional Interprepation & it's relationship with orthodox quantum mechanics interprepation. Cramer was way too eager in certain fronts at some point, even he recognizes now the compatibilty of two without problems.

It is very interesting but it gets on you if you read it constantly, especially when one doesn't like maths too much

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I've always viewed quantum physics with the same suspicion I have of hard drugs. Sure someone sort of has to do it, to report back. But it's a 'red jumper' affair.

I finished off the last of my sandwich to see if it was only tasty because I was hungry, and it wasn't. I think there must be something wrong with me. It was delicious!

-Elwood Blues

I've always viewed quantum physics with the same suspicion I have of hard drugs. Sure someone sort of has to do it, to report back. But it's a 'red jumper' affair.

Uhh, what?

Today I let my friend wax my legs. Was quite good to be fair, they're so smooth I'm tempted to keep them like this now.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

i'm now trying to understand the concept of the complex K-distribution as it applies to sea surface clutter. well, i fully understand the concept: rayleigh distributed amplitude with a chi-distributed - time varying - mean. the question i have to resolve is how to actually simulate this with non-standard radar waveforms (i have a method for standard pulsed radar).

given that you've invested in an RV, hurlshot, does this mean that you like getting out into the wilderness, but you're not a fan of tenting?

taks

given that you've invested in an RV, hurlshot, does this mean that you like getting out into the wilderness, but you're not a fan of tenting?

taks

Tough question. I spent a lot of years as a teenager and in my 20's backpacking through parts of Yosemite. But each trip gets harder and less comfortable, so I'm definitely looking forward to visiting the wilderness with a bit of luxury in tow. Also, my wife doesn't dig camping too much and my daughter is too young. I might organize a trip where my dad and I go off backpacking for a couple days while the rest of the family stays back RVing.

But the real reason I got the RV was to explore the country state by state. I'll stick to RV parks most of the time.

Tent-camping is great (and necessary) if you're backpacking around the wilderness. But we've also found that as you get older, if all you're really doing is "car camping" (never going far from the main roads/hot spots/gas stations), after a while you start wanting to sleep more comfortably, have a hot shower, and so on. Plus we became tired of lugging around a car full of camping equipment. Seemed like every year there was more equipment that we had to have with us, heheh! Pain in the arse.

We just stay in cheap motels or vacation rentals near where we want to explore and then take day-cruises/hikes/eat at cheap diners.

A small RV or fixed-up van/truck/camper might be cool someday, but I don't think a huge RV would be for us...for one thing, hubby wouldn't want to drive it. :D

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

for some reason, i prefer to have all that crap. it doesn't hurt that i live in colorado where people basically camp for a living (yes, i would like to as well). i like the roughing it aspect of backpacking, too. every time i buy a new toy, i can't wait to test it out. the latest was the new air mats i got. one for my wife (REI basecamp 3.5) and one for me (thermarest prolite 4). granted, mine is over 2 lbs., which is a bit heavy for backpacking, but i'm a big guy and i can still get my gear into a pack probably around 30 lbs. for a 4-5 day trip. i need to move to a lighter sleeping bag... not that my current bag is heavy, it's a 5 degree bag and weighs less than 3 lbs., but i can get a 20 degree bag that weighs under 2 lbs. and actually FITS into my pack (current bag is synthetic and does not compress that well). besides, a 5 degree bag is waaaay to hot for anything between march and october, and i'm one of those portable heater types to begin with.

taks