Gamecyte preview

http://www.gamecyte.com/2008/07/24/e3-2008.../2378#more-2378

(through Gamebanshee)

Looks like a pretty intelligent preview, and goes into some details I haven't seen before. And the guy never even mentions textures, what's wrong with him?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

One thing that is great is that the dialogue stances actually tell you what your character is going to do. I absolutely HATED in Mass Effect when I was just trying to be a jerk and I'd end up knocking someone out. I think if you go for the aggressive "This interview is over." with the journalist, you knock her out, and some of the intimidate options have you pulling a gun on people when it's way over the top. I think collar-grabbing would've been enough.

Err...he said 20 hours game? :lol:

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

:sorcerer:

lol

Obz has always been very good at underevaluating game lenght. NWN2 was 20-30 hours game for ages in media but it really was 50 hours game.

That's propably just the main missions lenght anyway, similar to fallout 3's "main quest is 20 hours"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This was a well written article. I'm quite optimistic, the promise of a reactive world combined with Obsidian's brand of writing can make for a great gaming experience. Btw, wasn't there supposed to be a trailer release at E3? Any word on that?

As for the length, even if it's just 20 hours, if the game delivers on the multiple paths front then it'll be worth a least two playthroughs, if not more. I'll take quality over quantity any day. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

'sides Fallout is 10 hours game if you know how to do your ****

There's stuff to be learned from GHCD's preview too (link on main page)

For example, Stealth players will notice familiar enemies later in the story because they spared their lives in previous levels, while Aggressive players will see increased guards or security patrols because they chose to execute the same character earlier in the storyline. Each decision has its ups and downs, and it will be up to the individual player to determine what
Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yeah, walk straight to Master's lair and bla bla blaa

So we might get a 20-hour-long game, but if the choices have this muhc impact we'll have so much replay value.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sweet preview. I'm getting more and more excited about AP with each article I read. This game sounds really good and for God's sake, finally sth original among gazillions of (too) similar of sci-fi/fantasy RPGs (of course K3 is still a must!). We need some video goodies too see all of these amazing mechanics journalists keep talking about in action!

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!