Color of Lightsaber.

So, do you pick a particular color for your Lightsabers? I have to admit that I do. Mira always gets two orange Lightsabers. Two yellow for the Exile, if I play as a Sentinel/Watchman, and as a, say, Consular/Jedi Master I use Violet crystals, reminiscent of Mace Windu. I

Lightsaber colours have no bearing on class and vice versa really, they just added that in KotOR1. In fact, the classes themselves are totally baseless and appear only as a result of the D20-based tabletop RPG system upon which the KotOR games are loosely based - Luke did not switch from being a jedi guardian to being a jedi consular because he switched the colour of his saber from blue to green between ESB and ROTJ.

So I doubt Mace Windu really has an official class, though the revised corebook for tabletop D20 RPG lists him as a guardian/jedi master. Still, since he is a noted lightsaber duelist, I suspect TSL game mechanics would be more likely to make him a guardian/weapon master. But then the jedi weapon master prestige class only exists in TSL. Short version: Use the colour you like and don't worry too much about the class-structure, because frankly it doesn't make much sense anyway.

My exile always has a silver main hand saber and a short violet off hand saber.

I always give Mira the Viridian crystal.

Bao-Dur gets blue.

Atton gets yellow usually.

The others get whatever happens to be around.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Everybody gets red.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I prefer two light sabers per character with slightly different colors.

Red/orange Blue/Green Cyan/Viridian

If i have a double saber then it's Violet, yellow or silver. It all depends on my mood.

I also downloaded a mod that gives me pink, ice blue, yellowgreen and a few other colors.

I prefer the silver/white crystals and viridian, though I usually give Visas a purple crystal. Somehow it fits her.

But I can't be bothered to look around for them, if I can't find or buy them. Frankly, I just tend to use whatever is handy, since it's really only cosmetic. Besides, veridian really seems indistinguishable from green and bronze from red...

from what i have heard, that Mace Windu is Guardian/WeaponMaster/Master

Well, he's listed as a guardian/jedi master level 9/9 (as of the beginning of Episode II) in the revised core rules book for the Star Wars d20 tabletop RPG, so...

But I agree Jedi Weapon Master makes more sense, as he is said to be one of the greatest duelists. Thing is, jedi weapon master doesn't exist in the RPG rules - the class was just invented for TSL.

As I recall, certain Jedi 'styles' prefer certain lightsaber colors. I read somewhere that Violet was the preferred blade color of the Type VII master. But nothing about classes.

Anyway, unless I'm Sith, I typically prefer Violet or Silver.

As I recall, certain Jedi 'styles' prefer certain lightsaber colors. I read somewhere that Violet was the preferred blade color of the Type VII master. But nothing about classes.

KotOR1 introduced the idea that guardians use blue lightsabers, consulars green, and sentinels yellow, probably because Yoda used a green saber in the prequels, while Obi-Wan's and Anakin's were blue, and Mace had a unique colour. The idea is maintained in the KotOR comic book, where the main character, Zayne, is a bit of a "rogue jedi" and has a yellow saber, while his aggressive master, Lucien, has a blue lightsaber, and Lucien's cronies, who are all stated to be consulars, all have green sabers. A silly idea IMHO, though. The classes are silly compared to the movies, and so determining things from colour is too, I think.

I like very much double silver, but in this playthrough i'm going Silver on the main and viridian on the other. If I find a pair for either I might make a change though...

To the OP, i'd say also to put in the lightsaber the colour you like most. All this of a colour according to the class is just nonsense... I even go red lots of times without being DS (i just like the looks of it)

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

I use the colors to keep track of what crystals and other mods I have in that light saber. I always end up with more sabers and crystals then I have people so I build one for blaster deflection one for all out attack and so on.

Just to join in: My Exile usually wields a purple and a yellow/or red. I'm ALWAYS a sentinel. But I'll go red from time-to-time, but I keep the purple.

My male Exile will replace purple with Cyan - although the fact that a lightsaber with Cyan is ALWAYS active gets annoying.

Atton gets silver and/or orange (which is remarkably close to red, but also more manly than yellow).

Visas gets yellow, Brianna & Kriea get purple, Bao gets blue, Mira purple and/or yellow (again, for dual-wielding. I HATE dual wielding the same color light sabers). Mical will get green or veridian (or whatever that other lighter green color is)

When I go red, the whole bunch goes red, however. But I'll still mix 'em all up with silver, orange, and purple.

And I guess that about covers it. So yes, I guess I try to stick with class solors. But only when I feel like it, really, since everyone in the game seems to be a sentinel.

Also, I'd like to quote Wookieepedi under Light sabers:

"The color of a lightsaber blade was defined by the focusing crystal used in its construction. The Jedi collected crystals of varying types and hues from natural deposits, whereas the Sith made use of fabricated synth-crystals usually designed to emanate shades of red. After the purges of the Old Republic's Jedi order, synth-crystals were also shaped and used by Jedi on occasion. Luke Skywalker's green blade and Jaina Solo's violet blade both sprang from synth-crystals.

Prior to the final battle of Ruusan, ancient Jedi wielded blades of every color and hue. Some of the more common colors were orange, yellow, cyan, blue, green, viridian, violet, silver, and gold. Some ancient Jedi, such as Sylvar, even wielded blades of red hues, although the order typically avoided any colors that might associate them with the Sith. Red was also avoided since it was the most common representation of blood and violence. After the terrifying end of the Ruusan conflict, however, Jedi turned to more common Adegan crystals of blue or green coloration. Other colors, like bronze and brown, did still exist, but were extremely rare. Mace Windu, for example, braved the terrors of Hurikane to find his violet crystal.

In the era of the Jedi Civil War, the color of a Jedi's blade was a traditional symbol for the path the Jedi chose in his duties within the order, although a Jedi was not required to use a color that corresponded with his or her Jedi class. A green blade was the sign of the Jedi Consulars, scholarly diplomats and negotiators. Blue was the color associated with Jedi Guardians, the physically vigorous defenders of the galaxy. The third color, yellow, was held for those among the Jedi Sentinels, Jedi who found their skills balanced between physical prowess and scholarly awareness of the Force. For the purposes of the lightsaber's strength, these crystals functioned identically; color was the only variation.

After the Great Jedi Purge, Emperor Palpatine razed many of the known crystal sites, making it more difficult to find crystals of any hue. After the rise of the New Jedi Order, however, the discovery of long-forgotten resources and the use of synth-crystals brought a variety of colors back to the order's lightsabers. "

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Guest The Architect

The game is racist since there's no black lightsabers.

Or white ones for that matter!

I demand equality!

The game is racist since there's no black lightsabers.

Or white ones for that matter!

I demand equality!

There are sylver crystals that are in the practice white, and I recall reading somewhere of a black lightsaber that didn't make it to the programming. it would be cool though...

<Insert Name>: "I am the one who brings the black death... kneel before me!"

:bat:

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.