Jedi Guardian-Sith Marauder(gonna be)

on attributes i went

strength-14

dexterity-10

constitution-14

intelligence-14

wisdom-14

charisma-12

should this be a good 2 handed melee weapon user?

what should i add for high defence?

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :)

In Kotor2 the attributes bonuses you get from crystals, robes etc. are so huge they dwarf your original stats in importance in combat. Your dexterity looks a bit low, but items can increase that. I'd suggest sticking with one weapon until you can get all the two-handed fighting feats.

The best way to boost your defence is to play as a male character and hang around the Handmaiden a lot. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

should i raise my dexterity as i go through the game or just go with what i already have?

No, it's fine. I usually have a similar set up, except I put 14 in Charisma instead of Strength, which I lower to 12, still taking 10 Dex. But then I tend towards the sentinel/jedi master combo.

One thing to note, though, is that skills are far more important in K2 than they were in K1. Most of them are highly useful if not essential at some point during the game, and none of them are useless. Hence I prefer the sentinel (who gets more skill points) over the consular or guardian in K2, whereas I always went for the guardian in K1. You'll be hard pushed to create a character combination to bring you into trouble, though, because this game is easy - even set to highest difficulty level, my sentinel/jedi master still walked through all opposition no problem with all the buff items and stuff you'll find in this game. So don't worry about that. At most you'll miss some dialogue options and such along the way.

Oh, if you like implants, note that there are no Implant Level feats in K2 like there were in K1. Instead ability to use implants defaults to your Con ability, with an 18 Con required for the most advanced implants (and bonuses to Con from items and similar will not count toward that goal), but you can up your Con when you get your stats upgrade every four levels, and unlike K1, K2 does not have a level cap of 20. It actually has a level cap of 50, but you're exceedingly unlikely to ever get there or even want to - usually you complete the game around level 27-28, unless you exploit bugs or similar to go higher.

At most you'll miss some dialogue options and such along the way.
Yeah but... dialog is kinda the biggest aspect of the Kotor games.

Oh, if you like implants, note that there are no Implant Level feats in K2 like there were in K1. Instead ability to use implants defaults to your Con ability, with an 18 Con required for the most advanced implants (and bonuses to Con from items and similar will not count toward that goal), but you can up your Con when you get your stats upgrade every four levels, and unlike K1, K2 does not have a level cap of 20. It actually has a level cap of 50, but you're exceedingly unlikely to ever get there or even want to - usually you complete the game around level 27-28, unless you exploit bugs or similar to go higher.
Actually I finished my last game at 31 without content mods/cheats. It's possible, but you absolutely need skills. Pick up every mine, pick every lock, do every quest you can and keep Kreia with you at all times. It adds up fast. I was a hero class halfway through my first planet after Telos.

Also if he's going darkside he won't need to put more than 1 level-up point into CON since you can get a total of +2str, +3 con, +2 wis through various upgrades from HK and Hanharr.

Edited by Chancellor PalpaTANG

At most you'll miss some dialogue options and such along the way.
Yeah but... dialog is kinda the biggest aspect of the Kotor games.

True, but that's what "replay value" is all about. As far as I know, Int 16 and Wis 16 will as well as high values in certain skills, particularly Awareness, will allow you to see all conversation paths, depending on chosen responses obviously.

Actually I finished my last game at 31 without content mods/cheats. It's possible, but you absolutely need skills. Pick up every mine, pick every lock, do every quest you can and keep Kreia with you at all times. It adds up fast. I was a hero class halfway through my first planet after Telos.

Me too. Kreia may be annoying, but her mentor ability sure rakes in the xp. Besides, you can't escape her rants anyway. Also, you don't need to exploit cheats for infinite xp. The trick is a high Demolition skill and lots of mines. Just plant a bunch of them. Then leave the area, return, then retrieve them all again. You get an xp award for every retrieved mine, but you must have left the area before you do so. Cheating? You tell me... After all, the game allows it without restriction.

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :x

In Kotor2 the attributes bonuses you get from crystals, robes etc. are so huge they dwarf your original stats in importance in combat. Your dexterity looks a bit low, but items can increase that. I'd suggest sticking with one weapon until you can get all the two-handed fighting feats.

The best way to boost your defence is to play as a male character and hang around the Handmaiden a lot. -_-

You dirty moderator you! Playing cards with Handmaiden your a evil one.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :)

The best way to boost your defence is to play as a male character and hang around the Handmaiden a lot. :grin:

You dirty moderator you! Playing cards with Handmaiden your a evil one.

:lol: No wonder she doesn't want to play pazaak with poor old Atton... They play Strip-pazaak! And she is dying for that exile that is charismatic enough to manage to make her take out her clothes but too shy to declare his feelings to her... :)

Anyway, and back on topic, the stats look good for me, and you can add to defence inverting a few points on dex (through items or actual points, as you wish), and through force powers. Enjoy! ;)

PD: welcome to the forums

Edited by esabria

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.