If you just became a Star Wars Author, what would you write about?

Vanu for life.

Off topic - NC - MasterChiefs4thChar - Vanu are technophiles reconsider your ways.

On topic - Eh Nightshade, that would be very hard to do but cool if it worked. Considering I'm a lightside fanboy it wouldn't be down my alley though.

Guest The Architect
You can't do that - this is Star Wars, and it always ends well!

Well, at least we solved the mystery of why these boards aren't the place to show off... :p

I wouldn't say that about KotOR2, though. :x

Guards, we have a thief on the boards! :x

i should!

let's see...

shy reclusive bantha discovers he has certain powers he can't explain, and after accidentally force choking another bantha that was being mean to him, he sets forth on a journey of discovery, meeting a friendly jawa that secretly wants some nice tasty bantha steaks and is just waiting for a chance to betray our hero.

after stowing away on a ship (banthas can be sneaky dammit!) he and his jawa "friend" arrive at their new home of Kashyyyk and meet some not so friendly native wookies.

they run away to the shadowlands and the bantha discovers a rather schmexy female tach and falls in love

of course, the jawa gets rather tired of all this **** at this point and brutally butchers the tach just for ****s and giggles

this of course sets the bantha on a course to the dark side, and after zapping the hell outta the jawa, he stalks the shadowlands killing any living creature he comes across, save tachs

and thus the tale of the tach loving demon of the shadowlands comes to a close

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

that is funny.

well that's just a very rough outline really

i suppose it could be almost like the story i wrote a few years ago about MacBeth and the murderous panda stalking the forest and killing off MacDuffs soldiers

i got very bored in my English class at school, can you tell? :p

I just like the idea of a murderous bantha. That's pretty awesome!

(wookiee is spelled with two e's though... )

alright then Pi, it looks like you just volunteered to be my editor :p

What?!?! There were no Banthas in the shadowlands. There were only tachs.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I just like the idea of a murderous bantha. That's pretty awesome!

(wookiee is spelled with two e's though... )

alright then Pi, it looks like you just volunteered to be my editor :sorcerer:

Ugh, that won't be pretty then... my editing abilities are limited at best.

But, surely the audience for a murderous bantha jedi would be low brow enough that I could get by...

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Yeah, I was just wondering what the community on these boards would write about if they were Star Wars Authors.

Personally, I would write about a Force-Sensitive Smuggler in the Core Worlds named Jok Vess who plays every piece on the Dijarik board very close to the chest. He doesnt' become a jedi, he doesn't fall to the Dark Side, he is an odd mix of Force-Sensitivity and Smuggling, with some neat characters mixed in (not too sure on a romance as I would be afraid to try and make it work).

What would you write about?

Definately the Old Republic for me.

Thats the time line that holds the most interest for me.

Course im NOT a skywalker/darth vader fan so that kinda ruins ANH and later stories.

I would write about Old Republic, jedi, sith, and beyond known space.

I'd probably write about how the aging Luke Skywalker's last days as grand master of the jedi council. I like Luke and always have done, which is probably because he was one of my great childhood heroes (of which there are few indeed).

I don't want to see Luke brutally killed, but the way the post-RotJ/New Jedi Order novels are going, it's probably only a matter of time, because Luke has become a force-god who can defeat any opponent, no matter how potent. The Sith or any other evil guys out there basically have no hope of success ever, unless they do old Luke in somehow. I'd hate that. I'd much rather see a slightly disillusioned Luke, who comes to term with the position he holds among the jedi can gradually comes to see that the order stagnates because of it, because everybody expects him to fix all the problems if things go wrong, and so nobody aspires to their full potential anymore. Done right this could even become a threat to the Republic itself. I'd have Sith and just plain criminals inspire a cult to Luke's honor and then use that cause dissent in the Republic that they can exploit through a "divide and conquer" tactic.

It'll end with a big, dreadful confrontation, where a bunch of Sith and villains ambush Luke on his own, certain that as powerful as he is, he cannot fight an army on his own. They're wrong, though, and Luke hands them their rears in fierce duel. I imagine the major bad guy saying, "even you cannot defeat all of us alone," and Luke answering, "then maybe I need help from my father", after which he grabs both his own green lightsaber and Anakin's blue one. It ends with a Luke that is triumphant and is hailed as the hero by the people, who are then shocked to hear him announce that he is stepping down as grand master of the council and leaving the Republic. Leia will object, but Luke will remain firm and say that he has become a problem, because his presence impedes growth in the Republic and can be used against them - Luke is still just a man, but too many won't accept him as anything less than a higher being. With that Luke leaves the Republic, never to be seen again, but passing into legend with the obvious stories about how somebody saw him on this world saving some people from pirates or sightings of a mysterious robed person coming to the aid of the people in their time of need.

It's a fitting end, I think, and avoids the problem of having Luke's dead corpse thrown upon us. Okay, so I take a page out of G'Kar's chosen exit from Babylon 5, but I find it even more fitting for Luke.

Besides, Leia is then the likely candidate as grand master of the jedi council, which will be an entirely new challenge for her, creating the possibility of new plots.

I think if Luke has to go, Bane should come back from the dead and kill the ****ing **** out of him :). Sith'ari vs. Grand Master, it'd be pretty cool, IMO.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I think if Luke has to go, Bane should come back from the dead and kill the ****ing **** out of him o:). Sith'ari vs. Grand Master, it'd be pretty cool, IMO.

Impossible owing to the fact that Bane is dead by then. Not even Yoda lived a thousand years, and Bane is human.

We could just let their force ghosts duke it out...

that'd be pretty cool, you gotta admit... :lol:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I'd probably write about how the aging Luke Skywalker's last days as grand master of the jedi council. I like Luke and always have done, which is probably because he was one of my great childhood heroes (of which there are few indeed).

I don't want to see Luke brutally killed, but the way the post-RotJ/New Jedi Order novels are going, it's probably only a matter of time, because Luke has become a force-god who can defeat any opponent, no matter how potent. The Sith or any other evil guys out there basically have no hope of success ever, unless they do old Luke in somehow. I'd hate that. I'd much rather see a slightly disillusioned Luke, who comes to term with the position he holds among the jedi can gradually comes to see that the order stagnates because of it, because everybody expects him to fix all the problems if things go wrong, and so nobody aspires to their full potential anymore. Done right this could even become a threat to the Republic itself. I'd have Sith and just plain criminals inspire a cult to Luke's honor and then use that cause dissent in the Republic that they can exploit through a "divide and conquer" tactic.

It'll end with a big, dreadful confrontation, where a bunch of Sith and villains ambush Luke on his own, certain that as powerful as he is, he cannot fight an army on his own. They're wrong, though, and Luke hands them their rears in fierce duel. I imagine the major bad guy saying, "even you cannot defeat all of us alone," and Luke answering, "then maybe I need help from my father", after which he grabs both his own green lightsaber and Anakin's blue one. It ends with a Luke that is triumphant and is hailed as the hero by the people, who are then shocked to hear him announce that he is stepping down as grand master of the council and leaving the Republic. Leia will object, but Luke will remain firm and say that he has become a problem, because his presence impedes growth in the Republic and can be used against them - Luke is still just a man, but too many won't accept him as anything less than a higher being. With that Luke leaves the Republic, never to be seen again, but passing into legend with the obvious stories about how somebody saw him on this world saving some people from pirates or sightings of a mysterious robed person coming to the aid of the people in their time of need.

It's a fitting end, I think, and avoids the problem of having Luke's dead corpse thrown upon us. Okay, so I take a page out of G'Kar's chosen exit from Babylon 5, but I find it even more fitting for Luke.

Besides, Leia is then the likely candidate as grand master of the jedi council, which will be an entirely new challenge for her, creating the possibility of new plots.

Hey I like this idea and it sounds really awesome but I have a couple questions/ideas.

1... Can you clear up where official non-dragonball Z Star Wars cannon ends? According to Wookieepedia it ends iwth some Cade Skywalker or something and a New Sith order which I didn't really like the idea of. But according to what you are saying Luke is alive, when in the timeline look passed away some how. Some clarification would be aweosme because I really hate the DBZ form of Star Wars but I love Luke Skywalker. He was a childhood hero of mine as well considering I was born in 1984 and watched the old trilogy with my uncle in 86'.

2. Perhaps Luke roams the unknown regions when he steps down as Grand Master and finds some clues as to what Revan and the Exile were doing? Nothing so epic as it changes a whole set of plots but just a few interesting details in their travels... Maybe Luke even finishes off a fight that Revan starts... I really like the idea of "A Mysterious Man" saving people from pirates or just showing up randomly to help out. -_-

You should totally right that book... Just think of an Epic Title.

I read Luke's Powers and Abilities article.... WOW LOL.... Overpowered much? :D Idc.

Meh, I don't like any of this "Darth Krayt" business or whatever. It seems all too quickly written or something. I don't know how to explain it. To me it lacks "That Star Wars Touch".

Edited by Albion72

Guest The Architect

Or not. I was making a comment on Shryke's story. No kidding there weren't any Bantha's in the Shadowlands.

1... Can you clear up where official non-dragonball Z Star Wars cannon ends? According to Wookieepedia it ends iwth some Cade Skywalker or something and a New Sith order which I didn't really like the idea of. But according to what you are saying Luke is alive, when in the timeline look passed away some how. Some clarification would be aweosme because I really hate the DBZ form of Star Wars but I love Luke Skywalker. He was a childhood hero of mine as well considering I was born in 1984 and watched the old trilogy with my uncle in 86'.

As you probably know, Star Wars canon is not written in a straight line, so there are a lot of unknowns. I actually have not read all the New Jedi Order (NJO) stuff taking place 20+ years after RotJ, but you can pick up the plots pretty easily if you look through Wookieepedia. For a long time, new NJO novels were always the chronologically "newest" stories in Star Wars, but a few years back, they decided to begin a new comic book set about 100-120 or so years after RotJ, the point being that all the regular heroes (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc.) would be long dead and gone. And the galaxy is in trouble. The comic series is called "Legacy" and has Cade Skywalker as the main character. Luke actually appears as a force ghost in one story, though, so it does establish that he died at some point and became one with the force like Obi-Wan. Everything in the computer games, comic books (except for all but a few parts of Star Wars Tales) and novels is canon. Yes, some people assign C-canon and whatnot, but LA actually considers everything they've released to be canon.

2. Perhaps Luke roams the unknown regions when he steps down as Grand Master and finds some clues as to what Revan and the Exile were doing? Nothing so epic as it changes a whole set of plots but just a few interesting details in their travels... Maybe Luke even finishes off a fight that Revan starts... I really like the idea of "A Mysterious Man" saving people from pirates or just showing up randomly to help out. :)

Probably not the true Sith. For one thing, given that Kreia ends TSL with the comment that the great is coming, I'd assume the matter has long since been dealt with. I'm still clinging to the hope of seeing that resolved in a single-player KotOR3. Besides, the unknown regions of KotOR are not quite as unknown anymore in Luke's time 4000+ years later.

Meh, I don't like any of this "Darth Krayt" business or whatever. It seems all too quickly written or something. I don't know how to explain it. To me it lacks "That Star Wars Touch".

Well, I don't read it either, but maybe we just don't like all the new characters. Or maybe we don't like the idea that Han, Leia and Luke are dead - it's much easier to accept they are not born yet if you go back in time and tell stories in the Old Republic. Krayt is a creature of the movie era, though, as his origin is set in the Republic comic books between Episodes I and II, IIRC.

Thanks for your praise, though.

I think if Luke has to go, Bane should come back from the dead and kill the ****ing **** out of him :lol:. Sith'ari vs. Grand Master, it'd be pretty cool, IMO.

Impossible owing to the fact that Bane is dead by then. Not even Yoda lived a thousand years, and Bane is human.

You missed the "...come back from the dead" part :lol:. And I was kidding, BTW :p.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

As you probably know, Star Wars canon is not written in a straight line, so there are a lot of unknowns. I actually have not read all the New Jedi Order (NJO) stuff taking place 20+ years after RotJ, but you can pick up the plots pretty easily if you look through Wookieepedia. For a long time, new NJO novels were always the chronologically "newest" stories in Star Wars, but a few years back, they decided to begin a new comic book set about 100-120 or so years after RotJ, the point being that all the regular heroes (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc.) would be long dead and gone. And the galaxy is in trouble. The comic series is called "Legacy" and has Cade Skywalker as the main character. Luke actually appears as a force ghost in one story, though, so it does establish that he died at some point and became one with the force like Obi-Wan. Everything in the computer games, comic books (except for all but a few parts of Star Wars Tales) and novels is canon. Yes, some people assign C-canon and whatnot, but LA actually considers everything they've released to be canon.

2. Perhaps Luke roams the unknown regions when he steps down as Grand Master and finds some clues as to what Revan and the Exile were doing? Nothing so epic as it changes a whole set of plots but just a few interesting details in their travels... Maybe Luke even finishes off a fight that Revan starts... I really like the idea of "A Mysterious Man" saving people from pirates or just showing up randomly to help out. :(

Probably not the true Sith. For one thing, given that Kreia ends TSL with the comment that the great is coming, I'd assume the matter has long since been dealt with. I'm still clinging to the hope of seeing that resolved in a single-player KotOR3. Besides, the unknown regions of KotOR are not quite as unknown anymore in Luke's time 4000+ years later.

Well, I don't read it either, but maybe we just don't like all the new characters. Or maybe we don't like the idea that Han, Leia and Luke are dead - it's much easier to accept they are not born yet if you go back in time and tell stories in the Old Republic. Krayt is a creature of the movie era, though, as his origin is set in the Republic comic books between Episodes I and II, IIRC.

Thanks for your praise, though.

Ah ok. They haven't stopped with the legacy books have they? I guess the biggest problem I have with it is that... well... the Sith order won lol. They are ruling hte galaxy and I'm (I admit) a Jedi/Light Side fanboy.

And are these comic books common? (Comic books based around the KOTOR timeline) I'd love to go pick up like 10 copies. :D Can I find them in most modern comic book stores?

BTW I still think there are some unexplored regions of space. I know that Darth Sidious ordered the exploration of a lot of unknown space though.. (IIRC thats how he met Grand Admiral Thrawn.... maybe). But who knows. This galaxy is full of so much crap we can never be completely sure whats going to happen. lol.

Edited by Albion72