If you just became a Star Wars Author, what would you write about?

Yeah, I was just wondering what the community on these boards would write about if they were Star Wars Authors.

Personally, I would write about a Force-Sensitive Smuggler in the Core Worlds named Jok Vess who plays every piece on the Dijarik board very close to the chest. He doesnt' become a jedi, he doesn't fall to the Dark Side, he is an odd mix of Force-Sensitivity and Smuggling, with some neat characters mixed in (not too sure on a romance as I would be afraid to try and make it work).

What would you write about?

Edited by Albion72

The life and death (mostly death) of Jar Jar Binks.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Guest The Architect

I'd write about how the student Johan failed his Jedi apprenticeship because he was too dumb to understand and remember the Jedi code. :lol:

you don't want to be Star Wars author

honestly

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Actually, I think you would. I mean, it's one of the few topics where, no matter how mind-numbingly bad your work is, it's bound to have a loyal following.

Imagine, getting paid for random outbursts of mental diarrhea that take the form of dismal fan-fiction. Only those folks actually manage to convince some editor at LucasBooks to give them the seal of approval. Go figure.

There's no justice anymore.

Actually, I think you would. I mean, it's one of the few topics where, no matter how mind-numbingly bad your work is, it's bound to have a loyal following.

Imagine, getting paid for random outbursts of mental diarrhea that take the form of dismal fan-fiction. Only those folks actually manage to convince some editor at LucasBooks to give them the seal of approval. Go figure.

There's no justice anymore.

Damn, I wish I could get someone to give me money for my dismal fan-fiction... how do you suppose you get that gig? lol

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

No idea. But these boards aren't the place to show off, that's for sure.

I mean, I've been gracing you guys with random outbursts of mental diarrhea for the past four years, and I have yet to see a penny from Feargie!

Edited by random n00b

Guest The Architect

That's because they don't make exceptions for explosive mental diarrhoea, only regular mental diarrhoea.

I'd write about Bane.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

A Jedi hunting bounty hunter. It wouldn't be a serious or philosophical piece. It'd be mostly humor and action. Mostly edge on the humor, because I doubt I'm any good at action. I'd be more interested in writing around the movie timeline, but if I wrote around whatever is the most "recent" time period, I could hope they'd let me write a book that kills off a major character.

The book(s) would ultimately be a light hearted villain perspective of the Star Wars universe. And would likely end with the character's death at the hands of the good guys. But I'd hope he could take a few with him so the character would be worthy of note in the future.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect

I'd write a story about a latecomer to the force, suffering from emotional scars, who is internally in conflict with himself. He joins the Jedi, but it's not long before he flees, unable to excel in his training because he cannot focus well enough. He is too wounded. He returns to his home world, roaming the streets, taking up the role of a peace keeper, using any excuse he can to prove himself, to show his worth by stopping "bad" guys with his Jedi powers. His ego is out of control. Eventually the Jedi find him, realising just how dangerous and bitter he is. They try to disarm him, make him surrender and redeem him, but it doesn't end well...

Edited by The Architect

I'd write a story about a latecomer to the force, suffering from emotional scars, who is internally in conflict with himself. He joins the Jedi, but it's not long before he flees, unable to excel in his training because he cannot focus well enough. He is too wounded. He returns to his home world, roaming the streets, taking up the role of a peace keeper, using any excuse he can to prove himself, to show his worth by stopping "bad" guys with his Jedi powers. His ego is out of control. Eventually the Jedi find him, realising just how dangerous and bitter he is. They try to disarm him, make him surrender and redeem him, but it doesn't end well...

Dang it... I read that whole post waiting for a punchline and there wasn't one!

Sounds like a good story! Write it! :D

Personally, I can't come up with a plot to save my life, which is why fan fiction works well for me. I can write character fluff all day long, though.

You can't do that - this is Star Wars, and it always ends well!

Well, at least we solved the mystery of why these boards aren't the place to show off... :)

I'd make a point of doing this a couple of times, too.

20080723.jpg

Nonsense! Nobody likes the same thing over and over again. Yay, Bad

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

20080723.jpg

like a lightsaber through nerf hide?

I actually like the little twists on our own sayings... I think it makes it quite a bit more immersive.

20080723.jpg

like a lightsaber through nerf hide?

I actually like the little twists on our own sayings... I think it makes it quite a bit more immersive.

I think the point he's making is that they're not just "our." They'd reasonably have butter and hot knives. Which are both very common things people should know about. Why in the world, just because they're in space, should neutrinos and ferrocrete be used in an incredibly common metaphor?

I think I might start saying "like a Freudian at a ****tail" to refer to a nervous situation.

Edited by Tale

Vanu for life.

I would write something that broke the conventions of the Star Wars mantra -id est that the Lightside is always good and the Darkside always bad- although I predict it would bomb horribly.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would write something that broke the conventions of the Star Wars mantra -id est that the Lightside is always good and the Darkside always bad- although I predict it would bomb horribly.

The main problem with that concept is that it is very hard to do convincingly. I've read too many stories where the authors try to convince the reader that light side and dark side doesn't matter, it's all how you use it. Tapping into your emotions to fuel your powers is fine, no problem! All those other people fell because they were weak, but not my 1337 characters! They rule.

Meh. I definitely appreciate stories that blur the lines between light side and dark side, and I think both of the KotOR games did that really well. But I think in order to write Star Wars well, you need to acknowledge that there is a price to be paid for slipping towards the dark side.

All those other people fell because they were weak, but not my 1337 characters! They rule.

Yeah, what we need is more Mary Sues.