help - C6E3 missing - can i manually advance

C7E3 tells me to report to C6E3, but he's missing. Originally i had a few mods so i removed the override folder and that didn't work. i went back to a previous save without the override folder there and the droid is still missing. I've even gone so far as to uninstall / run a cleaner wizard / and reinstall without any mods, but even from a previous save C6E3 is still missing.

I also have Kotor Save game editor 333 and found the quest tab to try to manually advance, but no luck. I might not be using that right though.

HELP!

Heres a start.

Bass, I am not a violent person. I rarely get anything beyond slightly annoyed with anyone. But...

I don't know how you manage it, but every few days you make a post that makes me want to beat you senseless.

This is one of those posts.

How in the hell is knowing his system specs going to help solve this particular problem? It's NOT a hardware issue, it is glitch in the game. He asked the right questions, and hopefully someone who is more knowlegeable about K2's PC glitches than you or I can help him.

Telling him to read a post that tells him to post his system specs is not only useless, it's irritating and frustrating. As a computer tech, nothing aggravates me more than someone who doesn't *listen* to the actual problem the user is experiencing and merely reads from a ****-ing script.

Please, try to use your head and think before you reply. Please.

*deep breath*

(this is in no way a threat, merely an expression of my frustration) :ermm:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Still no-one with the answer?

Anyways; I am not sure if this works, but it 'looks' like it should.

Open Globals-Numerics in your save and update 300NAR_T3M4 with 1 (Backup your save!)

If that doesn't solve it I don't see anything else in the KSE that could :p.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

OK i was able to fix it. At first i used Kotor Save Editor 333 and changed some of the numerics. If found three that was tied to the situation. Unfortunantly that didn't work. Finally I thought of force opening the door or warping past the door. I downloaded Lit Ridl's Warp & Cheat Band (from knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com) and was able to manually open the door from inside the game.

That is a great tool if your stuck. I never did find C6E3, but because i had played it before years ago, i remembered what i had to do next. Thanks for trying to help. Hopefully if someone else has a similar problem this will work for them.

No on the apologie yes on the ass-whooping, im kidding of course, but I like to use humor before I make people face the facts.

And people like you anger me, Im here to help and what I did is a great start. Hey gt3 I dont know if you've had the brain(sorry) to notice this yet but posting your system specs 70% of the time allows me to solve the problem. Check the other threads -_-

And mystic carefull when using that warp band, it can skip potential dialogue and make some parts of the game unplayable, if you have any trouble just pm me.

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I never meant to imply that you didn't often help people. I know that you do. But you also have a very bad habit of responding to posts with useless information, or plugs to your own post (ego) as well. In addition to the lack of reading comprehension skills shown in this thread, here are some others that frustrated me:

From http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=50271

I've tried disabling sound and movies but it still crashes.

And if that fails use the configuration to disable movies. (its in the kotor setting or configurator I forget :))

From http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48307

I would take a screen shot but I have the xbox version and lack the equipment to take a screen shot.

Yes, I cheated with the Xbox level up glitch (after finishing legit).
Download the mod Warp Wrist from a mod site searching for it on google. You can trigger a key to force the door open. (to lazy to go get link)
Honestly had no idea from his posts what console he was playing.

In thread http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=50105 you reply repeatedly with answers that show that you paid little attention to the users initial post. I'd try to cut and paste but there's just too much, so I'll just quote the user's own frustration here... It should be noted that this is the thread that initially got on my nerves...

Yes, everything is perfectly fine, except that I have to disable the sound to get KotoR 2 to run.

Please read the original post for details. I'm on XP, so if it's a Vista fix, I highly doubt it will work.

Okay, so I'll admit, I responded harshly but then I apologized realizing my mistake, but still hoping you might at least sort of get the point. However you decided to insult me, so here is some evidence of what I'm talking about. Yes, knowing hardware is often important. But sometimes it isn't. Respoding with a wrote reply, stroking your own ego, instead of applying a little bit of reason does help 70% of the cases, as you pointed out, but it also frustrates the crap out of people with real problems that need real help.

Im here to help and what I did is a great start.

No, you spammed the same link that you post in almost every ****ing help thread.

... but posting your system specs 70% of the time allows me to solve the problem.

Bull****. I have a very hard time believing that - in fact, I mostly see you posting the same link in every help thread and then coping what someone says.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Sorry Mr.Necktie but your problem was one I never incountered before, and I was having trouble solving it. Sorry for being human guys.

Sometimes its better to read before you post, both of my Help threads including the link ive been posting and How To Kotor 2 have gotten many views recently... Why?? because people are reading them before the post, and most of the information on those 2 topics are enough to solve most problems. I hope you two will understand this, the System Spec topic was stickied ... why? because it helps people determine what could be the potential problem. And, dark I love how you accuse me of spamming when you are talking about something completely off-topic , I dont believe I rememer Gt3 or myself talking about you.

Anyways back on topic, (because this useless rambling bores me) I havent been pm'ed by this guy so im pretty sure his game is working fine, and thats all that matters. Ive gotten many thank-you's on solving peoples problems and I enjoy it, so I will continue to post in mostly everyones help thread when I get the chance.

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

both of my Help threads including the link ive been posting and How To Kotor 2 have gotten many views recently... Why?? because people are reading them before the post, and most of the information on those 2 topics are enough to solve most problems.

You have been whoring out the topic every chance you can, and thus they are getting more views - however views do not equal problems solved. :bat:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

And, dark I love how you accuse me of spamming when you are talking about something completely off-topic , I dont believe I rememer Gt3 or myself talking about you.

Deadly was backing me up, and that is entirely on topic. By the way, that's a Q not a G...

Edited by qt3.14159

And, dark I love how you accuse me of spamming when you are talking about something completely off-topic , I dont believe I rememer Gt3 or myself talking about you.

O RLY? I believe I was supporting qt3 - also, it's a q not a g and my forum name is not "dark." :bat:

-Hurlshot

First of all - Bass - if you would have looked into my signature you would see my specs. I had already followed the directions of the sticky before i posted. You obviously didn't pay attention to my post at all.

Second i highly appreciate gt3 for sticking up for me. The problem didn't appear to be a hardware error. The bottom line was how do i get passed that point. Hassat Hunter was the only one who tried to help without criticizing. Thank you both.

Bass its nice of you to give your time and try to help people - thats commendable, but pay attention to what was posted first. Instead of saying "here's a start" tell me what you believe i left out of my signature specs that would have helped instead of pissing me off.

And yes the warp band worked. I read the warnings about using it.