Save Game Issue

Well, I'm thinking about doing a clean reinstall of KOTOR 2 and want to backup my savefiles (mostly due to my game crashing at certain load areas) , however there seems to be a problem. When I look on my HD for my save game file I can't seem to find all of them. Also, since I use vista sometimes I try running the game on administrator, running the game on admin only allows me to see the save files for the game on default c:/programfiles/lucasart/swkor2/saves. But, when I don't run it on admin I see all the save files even ones that are not in the default directory. Any idea what happened to the savefiles I can't find on my HD?

Well, I'm thinking about doing a clean reinstall of KOTOR 2 and want to backup my savefiles (mostly due to my game crashing at certain load areas) , however there seems to be a problem. When I look on my HD for my save game file I can't seem to find all of them. Also, since I use vista sometimes I try running the game on administrator, running the game on admin only allows me to see the save files for the game on default c:/programfiles/lucasart/swkor2/saves. But, when I don't run it on admin I see all the save files even ones that are not in the default directory. Any idea what happened to the savefiles I can't find on my HD?

Uh...sorry to double post. But, I really can't safely uninstall then reinstall this game without losing most of my important data until this problem is solved.

You're probably not going to like this answer, but it was what I found when I first started playing on Vista.

Those "save games" that you can't find when you're running as Admin don't actually exist. It looks like they do. The game thinks they do, but they can't actually write any data to the directory and there aren't any error messages to let you know that. They just don't get written.

You have to run the game as an administrator, otherwise it doesn't work.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

You're probably not going to like this answer, but it was what I found when I first started playing on Vista.

Those "save games" that you can't find when you're running as Admin don't actually exist. It looks like they do. The game thinks they do, but they can't actually write any data to the directory and there aren't any error messages to let you know that. They just don't get written.

You have to run the game as an administrator, otherwise it doesn't work.

Well, atleast I know now thanks anyway.