Motherboard Temperature

What is the normal temperature of a motherboard's south and north bridge? The sensor is defaulted at 105 Fahrenheit but my board is reading right now at 129 for the north bridge and 114 for the south bridge.

It doesn't help having the power supply sit above the board and blow hot air down on it. The case has 3 inlet fans and two exhaust fans.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Uh that kinda depends on what kind of MOBO you have. Processor to a degree also. My setup has a monster CPU heatsink, 2 input fans and 3 output fans plus the PSU is below the MOBO and blowing air out. So my temp is 89 fahrenheit on north and south.

A good idea would be to look up the manufacturer's website, if they have forums you can search for info you need. If they don't have it then a google search might help.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

My XFX nforce 680 chipset idles at around 40C, which is fine.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I am browsing the Asus messages boards. Seem like the Maximus Formula tends to run hot on a lot of peoples boards it seems. I happen to be running this board on both of my computers. The one that doesn't have any heating issues, its below 45C. It is also the one in my Antec 900 case which has a lot of fans. Plus the Power supply is at the bottom of the board where it would get my video card hot.

I guess the computer that is running too hot needs better circulation. The CPU and the mother board temps are higher than my Antec computer but they are still in tolerance. I'll have to buy fans that have adjustable speed settings.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It doesn't help having the power supply sit above the board and blow hot air down on it. The case has 3 inlet fans and two exhaust fans.
That would be rather unusual. Normally it sucks in air from the case to blow it out on the back :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority