Dual Wielder?

Well, so far I've beaten the game (once) with a single lightsaber person. So I don't actually know how to build a dual wielder. How does this sound:

Guardian --> Weapons Master

Starting Attributes:

Str : 16

Dex : 12

Constitution : 14

Intelligence : 8 (I let Bao-Dur do all my computer work)

Wisdom : 14

Charisma : 12

Must Have Feats:

Two Weapon Fighting - whole tree

Toughness - whole tree

Lightsaber Weapon Mastery - whole tree

Flurry - whole tree

Must Have Force Powers:

Force Speed - whole tree; universal

Force Valor - whole tree; light

Force Heal - whole tree; light

Battle Meditation - whole tree; light

Pretty much I just want to dish out as much damage as fast as I can, with only small amounts of attention to defense (toughness and heal). Does that seem good enough? BTW I'm going light side.

actually if you boost your intelligence to 15, and have good computer and repair skills, you will get a bonus.

but for a low intelligence build, Strenght and Dexterity can be switched. but other than that it looks nice for a low intelligence build but to increase conversation and influence, 14 intelligence or higher will get you very far.

Edited by DeathScepter

actually if you boost your intelligence to 15, and have good computer and repair skills, you will get a bonus.

but for a low intelligence build, Strenght and Dexterity can be switched. but other than that it looks nice for a low intelligence build but to increase conversation and influence, 14 intelligence or higher will get you very far.

I found that bonus very trivial for a guardian.

I played a sentinel/weapon master who kicked rear and took numbers by the end of the game, and I had a starting Strength of 12 with Dex 10 and the rest of the stats on 14. I didn't even build strength. So don't worry too much about the stats.

Heck, even my sentinel/jedi master was a dual wielder who dropped people left and right in saber battle. So really, any combo is viable. The feats you choose along the way are far more important than your initial stats setup. The jedi weapon master has some particularly potent combat feats for dual/double lightsaber combat.

I played a sentinel/weapon master who kicked rear and took numbers by the end of the game, and I had a starting Strength of 12 with Dex 10 and the rest of the stats on 14. I didn't even build strength. So don't worry too much about the stats.

Heck, even my sentinel/jedi master was a dual wielder who dropped people left and right in saber battle. So really, any combo is viable. The feats you choose along the way are far more important than your initial stats setup. The jedi weapon master has some particularly potent combat feats for dual/double lightsaber combat.

Well, I just gave it for the idea. I found the only two stats important in this game are constitution (for everyone) and wisdom (for consular). I also found dexterity useful for blaster wielding Jedi, but seriously, you only need up to 18 or 20, no more than that.

I just want a high starting strength so I don't have to wait until the 3rd dual feat to actually hit something with dual wield.

Lightsaber and Melee finesse feats will auto correct to match which is higher at the moment.

For example, if you start out with a high strenght character with a Melee/lightsaber finesse feat, then if you desire to change it into a High Dexterity character. The Melee/ Lightsaber finesse feats will correct to match to the higher number regardless how you start out.

I do start out with a high dexterity character but by the end of the game with the upgrades to my lightsaber with PC crysytal and the Jedi Armor and Implants, my character's strenght is usually insanely fraking high.

Because of the advantages of skills in K2 (unlike K1), I never start below INT 14.

Yeah well, +1 int from T3 (14 int + 1 from implant or something) isn't that important for my Jedi. And I let Atton or Bao-Dur do everything that I can't.

Because of the advantages of skills in K2 (unlike K1), I never start below INT 14.

i disagree, in k1 if you have a high enough security you can unlock the black vulker base door effectivly cutting out the undercity, oh and you can do the same to the sith base door, if you do these things and kill jolee, carth and juhani, at the end you only have hk, bastila, and candalor as party members :wacko:

A dual-wielding Weaponmaster... Hmm...

Well, I would start out with a character with 14 in all scores except Dex, which will be limited to 8. Then I would focus on wearing the best heavy armor I can find and go from there. I would only pick Force Powers that can be cast regardless of armor. I

Edited by Tylaw9460

Well, I would start out with a character with 14 in all scores except Dex, which will be limited to 8. Then I would focus on wearing the best heavy armor I can find and go from there. I would only pick Force Powers that can be cast regardless of armor. I

seriously, all you need is the two weapon fighting feats

that's it

seriously

with all the crazy bonuses you can get in this game, you really don't need to worry about picking exactly the right stats at the start :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Consider it takes 8 levels to add +2 to int. Since skills aren't retroactively added, that's 7 levels of skills you miss out on just to make a couple of INT checks you can easily work around. It is a waste.

You neglected to add "IMHO", "in my opinion" or similar to that.

You have a right to your opinion, but that is what it is. Repeating it does not make it fact, and neither I nor anyone else must agree with it. And as I've already stated, I don't.

Consider it takes 8 levels to add +2 to int. Since skills aren't retroactively added, that's 7 levels of skills you miss out on just to make a couple of INT checks you can easily work around. It is a waste.

You neglected to add "IMHO", "in my opinion" or similar to that.

You have a right to your opinion, but that is what it is. Repeating it does not make it fact, and neither I nor anyone else must agree with it. And as I've already stated, I don't.

It's not my opinion. Boosting INT with level-up attribute points is wasteful. The game may be easy enough that you can get by with sub-optimal strategies but that doesn't change the fact that they are sub-optimal. That would be like playing without ever changing saber styles from Form I... sure you can get by, but it's still a poor strategy, and it's pointless arguing otherwise.

The only character's worth boosting INT for are Bao-Dur and T3 since they're mostly skill bots anyway.