Kotor MMO offical? NO!!!!!!

Kotor MMO?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want K3 to be MMO: Yes/No/Hells No

• Yes
    • No
    • Hells No

Why in the HELL do you WANT K3 to be a MMO????????????

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

WHOANSWERED YES????

:)

Tbh I might'e done that too

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

WHOANSWERED YES????

:lol:

Tbh I might'e done that too

:bat::shifty:

I agree!

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Dont judge anything yet guys.. SWG was a good game before Sony stepped in. I dont trust any other company besides EA-Bioware to do it. lets give it a chance... maybe its a story/export char online and play...

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Yeah that's great.

What you guys don't seem to get though is we've been waiting for Kotor 3 for 5 ****ING years or at least some sort of news of its development, and now they decide to make a ****ing MMO of a singleplayer game.

Nobody wants this, nobody should want this.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This MMO PoS is really just a desicration(sp?) of the KoTOR franchise, much in the same way WoS (I refuse to put a "W" there :p) was of Warcraft. Notice that, seven years after the announcement of WoS, there's no Warcraft 4, becuase MMOs make too much damn money.

It was.. it was rated 8.3 which is great for an MMO.

I am going to break this to you as gently as I can, I do not give a flying **** what the reviewers said about the game. If I did I would laud Halo 3 as the game to end all games. but I don't do that - in fact I do not like that game at all. If I believe something is bad, I am not going to think it is good - and no amount of "8.4"s is going to change that. :shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Dont judge anything yet guys.. SWG was a good game before Sony stepped in.

Bull****. :bat:

Yeah, it sucked. I played it at my friend's house, and I felt no reason to play it for more than five minutes.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3

Why in the HELL do you WANT K3 to be a MMO????????????

So my character can be my character set to my specifications?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'm so torn about all of this. On one hand, I absolutely hate that we're never going to get the good storytelling that KotOR 3 deserves because of this development.

On the other hand, I enjoy MMO's and I adore Star Wars. The other rumor about this BioWare - LucasArts project was that it was set between Ep III & IV, and I absolutely hated that idea. It's too closed ended.

Having an MMO based on the rebuilding of the Jedi Order / Sith Empire and their possible allying to fight the "True Sith" is pretty much a perfect setting.

Some people say there aren't enough Jedi in that timeframe, but since K2 already set the precedence that there are way more Force sensitive people out there than we previously suspected, that's not true at all.

So yes, I'm torn. I don't want K3 to be an MMO. But I know I'd enjoy playing it if they do a halfway decent job on game mechanics.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

So my character can be my character set to my specifications?

But what would you get?

If I interpret it correctly, you seem to suggest that an MMO would give you control over who your character is, unlike the KotOR games, where the character is Revan (K1) or exile (K2) with a huge background thrown upon you as a player whether you like it or not.

Well, that's true, but don't recall that the strong plot of the games come from those backgrounds - there is no "poetic justice" or "balance" in choosing between whether to kill Malak and take his empire or overthrown him to save the Republic if it's not Revan doing it. By the same taken, only the exile - as a wound in the force - can defeat Nihilus and have the interest of Kreia due to a huge back story that is fixed by the developer. The exile is a wound in the force because of that backstory, and everything that happens in the plot follows as a result of the choice the exile made, which made him/her so.

So it comes down to a simple question - do you prefer a fixed background by the devs that you have no control over, but which makes your character the focal point of the plot, or do you prefer to have the character to have whatever background that exists only in your made, while his only representation in the game itself is a collection of stats? Because you cannot have the rich background of Revan or exile in an MMO, at least not to an extent that matters in the plot.

Now, I'd certainly like to have it both ways myself. As a tabletop GM, I always encourage players to make distinct backgrounds for themselves. Granted, I'll nix 'I was a sith lord' or 'I'm the secret lovechild of Revan and Bastila', but 'my father was killed by the evil Darth Monstrosity' or 'I'm likely to have contacts to the secret TIE Defender project because my uncle worked on the project' are viable options that can be explored in the game and make the character unique.

Of course, in K1 and TSL, you don't even get a choice of your background. As far as RPG goes, that sucks to some extent, since you should ideally be allowed to decide what your background is. But naturally the devs cannot write a gazillion different backgrounds, and in any event, even with only one fixed background in the single-player CRPGs, that's still one more deep background than you'll get in an MMO, because none of those backgrounds are in an MMO.

So the choice becomes whether to reduce the character to a set of stats with a fixed background written by the devs in a single-player game or whether to reduce the character entirely to a set of stats in an MMO where the background that exists only in the player's mind and can even be contradicted by the plot. Given the choice I'll go for the former every time. You may imagine the character in the MMO to be closer to the backstory you imagine for him or her, but if you sacrifice the plot to get that option, then I consider the price to high. I play for plot. If I have to accept a fixed background for my character to get that, then so be it. It's still more fun, entertaining and enticing than pure monsterslashing and spelunking IMHO.

No K3 4u.

Alas Kotors are RPGs not lame MMOs. Damn LA and all of those associated with them for ruining a winner of a series.

My sentiments exactly.

no those are sentiments of your arse haw haw

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

and some of us are easily amused... :lol: