Bioware/EA's KotOR Online leaked

Jaesun

What's weird is that the MMORPG and the LA project are listed as two different things on the BIO homepage. It doens't make sense that it looks like they're the same. Illogical nonsense.

Who knows. Maybe they are working on KotOR 3 and the KotOR MMO. Or that the EA statements or this listing is a red herring just to mess with our heads.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

What's weird is that the MMORPG and the LA project are listed as two different things on the BIO homepage. It doens't make sense that it looks like they're the same. Illogical nonsense.

Who knows. Maybe they are working on KotOR 3 and the KotOR MMO. Or that the EA statements or this listing is a red herring just to mess with our heads.

you mean we have heads to mess with?

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Um... I would hope so. I think it would be pretty hard to game being a decapitated corpse.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Um... I would hope so. I think it would be pretty hard to game being a decapitated corpse.

Don't understimate a gamer's determination.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

• 2 weeks later...

Who knows. Maybe they working on KotOR MMO and GLADIUS 2!!!

manthing2.jpg

The only interest a KOTOR MMO gets from me is the negative interest generated by the fact that the MMO is likely to take over the franchise and preclude the possibility of proper KOTOR 3 being made.

Despair not dear Magistrate Whateverwhatever! For such preclusion might transmute into the possibility of GLADIUS 2!

manthing2.jpg

A KotOR MMO might be the multiplayer counterpart to a single-player KotOR 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Meaning you'd have to pay once for the multiplayer game, a second time for a single player campaign, and a rolling-third-ad-infinitum for the mp monthly fee?! What kind of evil, greedy publisher would dream of concocting such a scheme?!

Oh wait...nm.

manthing2.jpg

Meaning you'd have to pay once for the multiplayer game, a second time for a single player campaign, and a rolling-third-ad-infinitum for the mp monthly fee?! What kind of evil, greedy publisher would dream of concocting such a scheme?!

Oh wait...nm.

It's like how MGS4 is a single player game and MGSOnline is multiplayer game. They fit together (kinda) but they still play differently.

It's a brilliant scheme for money and success. EA/LucasArts should consider it.

Oh wait...nm.

It's like how MGS4 is a single player game and MGSOnline is multiplayer game. They fit together (kinda) but they still play differently.

It's a brilliant scheme for money and success. EA/LucasArts should consider it.

You're right, they should.

But more likely if the cash-cow-MMO is successful they'll just keeping churning out expansions.

manthing2.jpg

The only interest a KOTOR MMO gets from me is the negative interest generated by the fact that the MMO is likely to take over the franchise and preclude the possibility of proper KOTOR 3 being made.

Despair not dear Magistrate Whateverwhatever! For such preclusion might transmute into the possibility of GLADIUS 2!

I do not have a gaming console, so that is not much of a consolation for me, but thank you o' big cat warrior, for at least trying to allay my fears.

Then again KotOR MMO might just be KotOR 3, and they are setting up like Guild Wars. A MMO without a monthly fee!

One can hope, right?

Then again KotOR MMO might just be KotOR 3, and they are setting up like Guild Wars. A MMO without a monthly fee!

One can hope, right?

One could also be horribly dissapointed - much better to feel indifferent and then pleasently suprised if things turn out for the better, imo.

Fortune favors the bald.

True enough. :brows:

"Then again KotOR MMO might just be KotOR 3, and they are setting up like Guild Wars. A MMO without a monthly fee!"

I am doubtful that BIO would set up an entire division in Texas to create, and maintain a MMO wehre it's 'free' after the initial purpose.

Afterall, even all the NWN patches were mainly paid for via the premium modules....

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

One can hope, right?

I hope so, Hades. Also, they better give "trial" periods where we can play for free and try before we buy and all that good stuff.

Think of the possibilities, man! We might actually be able to play a game this time before dissing it. :yucky:

manthing2.jpg

It's more likely that there will be some sort of open beta. That can be a very good way to check out the game ahead of time. Free trials usually don't get going until a few months after the product has been released, and if it's succesful it will be a long wait. They do usually have a friend pass, so you could always hit someone up for that to test it.

But seriously, this game is at least 4 years away :)

One can hope, right?

One could also be horribly dissapointed - much better to feel indifferent and then pleasently suprised if things turn out for the better, imo.

I prefer to be optimistic that games come out that I will find fun. Sometimes they aren't, and that is when I am indifferent. It happens.

Great, so they're taking a series that pretty much makes its living on character writing and dramatic scenes, and they're changing the platform to a type that can only give you story developments through backstory?

Have you played LotR Online? Despite following a storyline that most people know, Turbine has managed to put you in the thick of the action. You go on quests with famous characters. There is a whole questline where you gather everything needed to reforge Aragorn's sword.

MMO's don't need to be devoid of character development and dramatic storylines, they just need to make it accessible to all characters. Yes, it's difficult to change the game world as a player, but there are ways to create the illusion. Using instances for major plot developments is a way to do that. So where a low level character might find Strider at the Prancing Pony early on, higher characters can see him at Rivendell via instanced rooms.