Gears of War 2

This is amazing.

Gametrailers Walkthrough

Let's ride the Brumak!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It looks great, and it looks like fun. That's enough for me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Shut your darn pieholes, you bleedin' philistines!! GoW is a brilliant game and a big technical achievement. With GoW2 Epic polishes an already perfect gameplay, and brings technical advancements that noone thought possible with todays technology.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Shut your darn pieholes, you bleedin' philistines!! GoW is a brilliant game and a big technical achievement. With GoW2 Epic polishes an already perfect gameplay, and brings technical advancements that noone thought possible with todays technology.

Oh please, Unreal Engine 3 doesn't make GoW a fun game.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

No, its fun because its an awesome game :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yes, building a game on same frickin' gimmick that just goes on and on is fun

Add on top of it ridiculous characters and setting and we have one steaming POS right here

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Why are people complaining about the crappy story and characters? Nobody cares about those in a Gears game.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I don't care about crappy writing unless it is actually distracting

Frickin' idiotic art direction makes sure I can't help but remember how stupid the characters are

Besides, main fault of the game is it rests on one single gimmick. Yes, very innovative. Now how about some variety hmm?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I didn't mind the crappy story and characters. I did mind that the PC version was twice as long as it should be for the limited variety in gameplay. But that's not a fault unique to Gears of War. I'm still surprised that Valve felt the need to include yet another "pick up object with gravity gun, drop it in hazardous water, jump on it, pick up other object, drop in water, jump on it" sequence in Episode 2.

Seriously, people. Stop this ****. I don't care how fun you think the sequence is, I can only take so much of doing the exact same thing in new environments.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Besides, main fault of the game is it rests on one single gimmick. Yes, very innovative. Now how about some variety hmm?

They did add some new gimmicks though. Like meat and non-meat shields.

Gears was great on co-op mode. That's all I care about.

And the fact that they've added the best-looking flamethrower since the Wolfenstein remake one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Besides, main fault of the game is it rests on one single gimmick. Yes, very innovative.

The chainsaw gun?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Besides, main fault of the game is it rests on one single gimmick. Yes, very innovative.

The chainsaw gun?

Hahaha, win

That was best thing about game -_-

Honestly, those graphics look no better than GoW 1. They should have saved GoW 2 for Unreal 4.

GoW graphics always look better on a real TV set, preferrably HD. The environments are amazing, though.

Honestly, those graphics look no better than GoW 1. They should have saved GoW 2 for Unreal 4.

GoW graphics always look better on a real TV set, preferrably HD.

GoW's graphics look even more amazing on PC @ 2560x1600.

But still, GoW 2 is more of the same, but with everything tinted red because of sunsets everywhere