TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

They'll get flamed to hell from one mistake!
Seeing as though team-gizka is not a professional group, people should be aware of the risk in installing fan based modifications. I would be very surprised if there were not any bugs. Edited by Marcus

Another major bug up on Mantis. That leaves only two majors unreported (HK encounters and T3 on Har Shaddaa). Great! Getting closer to as bugless version as possible! :)

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

HK is already reported:

http://mantis.team-gizka.org/view.php?id=994

Also the "T3 issues" isn't restricted to T3, it's just any third party member during that cutscene.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yeah, but' it's marked as "resolved" so... :alienani:

Also the "T3 issues" isn't restricted to T3, it's just any third party member during that cutscene.

Oh, didn't know that. Thanks!

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

It comes down to this simple problem -- Tracking 1002 known issues and counting. This bug list can go on forever. Once they fix one set of bugs, another set of bugs shows up. I give them great credit for trying to knock them all out. Spending so many years on the new modifications is a terrific task. What a hell of a bug crushing ride. I couldn't imagine watching them do this for three years.

My attention span is kind of short. I wish them all the luck. :)

Edited by Marcus

What a hell of a bug crushing ride. I couldn't imagine watching them do this for three years.

My attention span is kind of short. I wish them all the luck. :(

Hehe. Same here. My last project (nothing related to KOTOR at all) left me after 2 months of coding with 2 months of bug crunching. Most "#$%@#%# why won't it WORK!!!" ended up being a dot or comma or ending tag (<>) missing, or not ending a set of choices :p. I wouldn't want to do that for years. Rather work on new stuff... much more fun :D.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Let's hope it done soon.

Yeah yeah blah blah. *It's done when it's done* :(

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I've decided to do a second playthrough of the leaked beta (1.0b8), so that obviously means more fun bugs to be found. And since this time I did a complete reverse (DSF Exile, DSF Revan compared to both LSM first game) and knew how to get around the HK infinite black screen, so I can add HK-factory stuff, it has becomen quite the large list. Do not worry; most of them are minor though (alot of "he" references for Revan), but I do found some nice new game-stopping and major bugs. Little piece of advice; don't toy with HK if Visas is trying to kill you :lol:.

I know TG says they don't want the reports, but Militiades seems to check them out, and since I really want to have a bugfree 1.0c release as much as the next guy...

Last of all a question for anyone inside the TSL team. I am not sure wheter this is a bug or intentional, so it is not below, but I still find it worthy mentioning. It's about the HK-factory:

The mindwipe from the droid. Does it do anything? Considering the droids mention on second Generator disable try you "somehow forgot about the threat" I believe that should only trigger after being mind-wiped (forgetting that you hurt them with that), but that isn't required now. All in all I think it should be; Generator, get reminded, disable comm, mind-wipe to forget the threat (could be done before disabling comm too ofcourse). But right now the last step isn't needed at all. Am I just wrong in my assumptions, and think too much into a single line or convo or is it a genuine bug?

End talking; start buglisting (none of the ones below are listed in the list of page 1!):

As before, major bugs are underlined (all but 2 from the HK factory).

* Czerka follow; Chodo will no longer give info on the fake blaster

* Saving the alien outside of the Telos cantina, then charging extra saving costs will not give this boost (still get 100 cred when promised 200)

* The second Exchange Rodian doesn't have a back-away option after "I kill you if you don't open the door", unlike all the others

* Falsu Batu-Rem mission misses

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Last of all a question for anyone inside the TSL team. I am not sure wheter this is a bug or intentional, so it is not below, but I still find it worthy mentioning. It's about the HK-factory:

The mindwipe from the droid. Does it do anything? Considering the droids mention on second Generator disable try you "somehow forgot about the threat" I believe that should only trigger after being mind-wiped (forgetting that you hurt them with that), but that isn't required now. All in all I think it should be; Generator, get reminded, disable comm, mind-wipe to forget the threat (could be done before disabling comm too ofcourse). But right now the last step isn't needed at all. Am I just wrong in my assumptions, and think too much into a single line or convo or is it a genuine bug?

I'll have to check that out, don't have an answer right now.

I think TG got a special forumthread in their hidden bughunting forum for spelling errors, not? If not, it would really be worth considering, as they are too minor to spam Mantis over with (getting complains from forumgoers "gah, they fixed the major bug of the missing, where is the mod!!!"), and would be a nice gathering place. It's not like they take too long to fix, and this might give Dashus and other members a far quicker overview of typo's needing adjustment than having to browse 12 mantis reports.
I think it's easier for the team when bugs are posted on Mantis. The Discussions forum is just that, for discussions. Any bug report that gets posted in the Discussions forum is asked to put on Mantis, including text errors.

* Display issue with bonus physical damage when upgrading the Zabrak Vibroblade
Could you elaborate?

* Having said that; would final TSLRP change some skill/feat discriptions to match their actual uses (Master Flurry and the various defense feats for example) even if the skills are not changed to match the descrip because no balancing changes are made?
The descriptions stay, as far as I know. Only when there are spelling errors do they get edited.

* Maybe give the

I'll have to check that out, don't have an answer right now.

Okay. Thanks anyways.

I think it's easier for the team when bugs are posted on Mantis. The Discussions forum is just that, for discussions. Any bug report that gets posted in the Discussions forum is asked to put on Mantis, including text errors.

Hmmm, fair enough. Another game I play though has such a seperate typo list forum (while using Mantis too), and it seems to work far more efficient. Of course that is on one assumption, just mentioning it.

Could you elaborate?

I don't have KOTOR2 on this PC, so arbitary numbers are used.

Say, the Zabrak sword gives physical damage 7-12.

Now you add in 2 different bonus items (with the workbench ofcourse) with 1-2 physical damage boost each.

The item description would look like this:

Damage 7-12

Damage Bonus: Damage Bonus: Critical Hit Threat 19-20 2x

I can savely say it is only a display issues (combat logs show far higher damage output than the maximum of damage displayed) and have only seen it on the Zabrak Vibroblade.

Dauros? You mean Duros? Or are you talking about the Bith on Nar Shaddaa?

Yeah, I meant the Bith Arm, lying around the flophouse after the completion of the Expirimental Delivery quest. Got some alien races mixed up... my bad :). I think it's the only datapad that uses the "empty" instead of vanishing 'path'.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Hmmm, fair enough. Another game I play though has such a seperate typo list forum (while using Mantis too), and it seems to work far more efficient. Of course that is on one assumption, just mentioning it.

Don't know how much more efficient you could get. In any case, text issues can be resolved very quickly, so having them listed in a different forum or keeping it with the other bugs doesn't make that much of a difference.

I can savely say it is only a display issues (combat logs show far higher damage output than the maximum of damage displayed) and have only seen it on the Zabrak Vibroblade.

Alright, I'll keep my eyes open.

• 2 weeks later...

EL BUMPO-O!

So, nothing's happened recently. Everybody busy playing Spore, perhaps?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Don't take the thread's silence in a negative way. People are still in support of team-gizka's efforts. I'm only guessing when I say that people want team-gizka to come to them. We can speculate until blood rushes to our brains. I like LucasForum's approach. Don't post in the thread until a core member of team-gizka leaves a report. No one on the outside can give any new information. We know what you know. Nothing has changed for a while.

We are waiting to hear from them, so we are leaving the light on for them. All they have to do is call.

Edited by Marcus

this is funny! really! it is

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

this is funny! really! it is
Possibily. I'm not going to argue on anyone's behalf. People want to hear from team-gizka themselves. Posting in this thread without new news creates some tension. I would rather hear about their progress than anyone else's banter.

Only a suggestion --

Don't take the thread's silence in a negative way. People are still in support of team-gizka's efforts. I'm only guessing when I say that people want team-gizka to come to them. We can speculate until blood rushes to our brains. I like LucasForum's approach. Don't post in the thread until a core member of team-gizka leaves a report. No one on the outside can give any new information. We know what you know. Nothing has changed for a while.

We are waiting to hear from them, so we are leaving the light on for them. All they have to do is call.

Let's be adults here. People are arguing over a game modification. Lets keep the thread open for the owners.

Edited by Marcus

Don't you think that if Team Gizka wanted attention they would have purposefully released the patch by now and announced that they would be periodically releasing patches for it? That would have gotten them a lot more attention than trying to fix every possible bug they can track down.