TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

I heard that Dashus has some problems IRL, have you guys heard anything from him?

Nope, haven't heard anything from him in a while. Mind you I'm not going to be the first to know when he gets back, but I don't think anyone else has heard from him either.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Yeah, know of DStoneys mod (altough I haven't gotten around to playing it, waiting for the EP) but it's not a part of TSLRP.

True mate, but it will be compatible with TSLRP, or at least that's the plan. The Mod still needs a bit of polishing, details like crates, more droids on the planet and things like that would make quite a difference.

Ah well, let's hope Mr Dash will be back soon with renewed strength to complete this mod :lol:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

True mate, but it will be compatible with TSLRP, or at least that's the plan. The Mod still needs a bit of polishing, details like crates, more droids on the planet and things like that would make quite a difference.

The only plan :) Given that it's 99,99999999% sure M4-78EP will NOT be done before TSLRP's release, there won't be a situation in which we would wonder if we should release the mod or wait for TG. M4-78EP will be 100% compatible with Gizka's mod and will require it installed already :bat:

As for the details and polishing, there will be much more changes than just crates/droids adding, with a heavy expanded/modified storyline to begin with as InSi mentioned. Hopefully, we will be able to make the planet as good and professional as possible :)

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Yup, some beautiful work getting done by all these modders. Rock on! :lol:

Anyhoo, are Team Gizka's forums down or something? Or did I get banned for some odd reason? I haven't been able to get in since yesterday... It tells me: You don't have permission to access /viewforum.php on this server. Kind of odd, and with me being a total gimp with computers and all, I haven't the faintest clue as to why this is happening.

Well, uh... Sorry about the terribly noobish question.

Anyhoo, are Team Gizka's forums down or something? Or did I get banned for some odd reason? I haven't been able to get in since yesterday... It tells me: You don't have permission to access /viewforum.php on this server.

I'm getting the same message. Perhaps they've taken it off-line to make some changes, or it mights just be a standard internet glitch.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Mmm... nope? I can get on fine. I'd imagine it's probably a net-glitch.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Still no Dashus?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have just found this website tslcr.co.cc, with the description "TSLCR is a project based on the source code of the abandoned "K2RP" project. It is a restoration mod being developed along side the M4-78RP, and will see a final Post-TSLRP release around the same time as M4-78." and other links which point to other parallel mods in developmental stage.

Will these ones make it through? :)

Yes the TSLCR project is being worked on, but will come out after TSLRP when that is done. I wouldnt hold your breath though. The big mods are all waiting for TSLRP to get done so they can make their mods compatible with this one. The problem is that TSLRP has taken years and the past year has been fairly bleak when it comes to progress. Whenver they get close, they add 20 more bugs, and its been like this for a long time.

So it will get done, but even after its done, id still wait for other people to catch the rest of the bugs personally.

I never quite understood why many mod teams are waiting for TSLRP to come out to work on their own mods, particularly when some don't appear to be that extensive or affecting major aspects of gameplay. We've seen the amount of anxiety that tslrp's delay causes on the average forumite here (myself included, as I'm sure many others might admit), I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for a mod team and how much that reliance on it might sap their enthusiasm from development. Surely it limits what they can work with and on, having to wait for TG to release TSLPR before they can start developing their own mods, right? Wouldn't it make sense to release a mod that can stand on its own and worry about tslrp-compatibility, if it ever/when it finally gets released in like (my arbitrary estimation) a year or so?

Mods don't have to wait for TSLRP, take for instance the M4-78 restoration mod. However because of the sheer scope of TSLRP almost no mods are going to be compatible with it, as it changes so much. Therefore, taking into account the popularity of TSLRP, mod creators like the M4-78 team and the team behind the Ultimate Saber Mod are going to be creating TSLRP-compatible versions so that players can experience the full, originally-intended TSL game.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

As I understand it, most of the mod teams aren't so much waiting to work on as waiting to release.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

So it will get done, but even after its done, id still wait for other people to catch the rest of the bugs personally.

Using the leaked beta already allows one to pretty much find most compatibility issues (TSLCR with TSLRP for example turned all Handmaidens into HK's :o) although it obviously won't guarantee to work flawlessly with "full" TSRLP.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Wow...

Severity: Open: Resolved:

Block 1 6

Crash 0 9

Major 5 80

Minor 26 257

Tweak 2 169

Text 17 166

Trivial 10 205

Feature 11 105

Total 61 892

61 bugs now! And some major ones at that. At least they are finding these bugs and going over the problems with a fine tooth comb. They wont even need a new build anytime soon with all these bugs to fix. I think in one year this mod will still not be done. And perhaps Gizka will succumb to pressure, and let others help finish it.

Should we do another raffle when this game is going to be done?

I say September 2011

Well mate it was King Pyrrhus who said "beat one, and three more will emerge" about the Roman Legions. I guess he could've said the same thing about bugs, hehehe

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

The Voice-Overs are part of the cut content. The only new VO's that TG had to put in was for Kavee (sp?) because there were no VO's for her at all.

"Kaevee". :blink:

I have the fullest respect for these guys, but I think they are too ambitious for their own good. It seems as if they are trying to fix the game to a degree that is beyond what even a crack developer team would be able to do.

The longer it takes, the more interest they're gonna lose, I'm not really keeping track of this anymore, but I will give it shot if it comes out within the next year.. but beyond that? I don't think KOTOR is a timeless masterpiece and I'm sure I'll be more annoyed with the limitations of the engine than awed by the story retold. It's already been 3 years. That's quite a long time and if they take another 3, that's essentially a lifetime in the computer industry.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have the fullest respect for these guys, but I think they are too ambitious for their own good. It seems as if they are trying to fix the game to a degree that is beyond what even a crack developer team would be able to do.

The longer it takes, the more interest they're gonna lose, I'm not really keeping track of this anymore, but I will give it shot if it comes out within the next year.. but beyond that? I don't think KOTOR is a timeless masterpiece and I'm sure I'll be more annoyed with the limitations of the engine than awed by the story retold. It's already been 3 years. That's quite a long time and if they take another 3, that's essentially a lifetime in the computer industry.

I think that pretty much nails my thoughts on this; sorting out one or three bugs at a time and discovering another half dozen makes me think that KotOR 3 will be out before this ever gets finished. I'd like to think that the enthusiasm behind TG hasn't waned, but it does seem as if they can't be bothered to complete work necessary or realise they need to ask for the help of others. I don't think it's unmanageable though as a project, but I feel it has become so since they haven't developed their team to spread the workload.

Wow...

Severity: Open: Resolved:

Block 1 6

Crash 0 9

Major 5 80

Minor 26 257

Tweak 2 169

Text 17 166

Trivial 10 205

Feature 11 105

Total 61 892

61 bugs now! And some major ones at that. At least they are finding these bugs and going over the problems with a fine tooth comb. They wont even need a new build anytime soon with all these bugs to fix. I think in one year this mod will still not be done. And perhaps Gizka will succumb to pressure, and let others help finish it.

Should we do another raffle when this game is going to be done?

I say September 2011

You will not have to wait that long. If a playable build is not out soon I promise I will have it professionally restored myself. People have waiting long enough.

Edited by Foamhead