TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

...I will express my opinion, period. This thread is about the freedom to express one's thoughts...

You sound like some of the "God is our creator"-people that sometimes harassed people when I was in highschool.

I threw eggs at them.

Rotten.

:sorcerer:

At any rate, what's the point of flaming in this topic, because quite frankly that's the only thing you've achieved, we're here to cheer and root for Team Gizka, not put them in a coffin with copy of TSL on their chest.

Anyhow...it seems to me that they've managed to find yet another set of bugs/problems..I guess that's the life of a modder, solve 1 problem and 3 more will pop up.

And I'm getting the urge to play through KotoR I and II again... as Sith :ermm:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I agree, Darth_Windu! Let's get back on the topic of how you shamelessly whore around your rant thread over at the TOR boards...

Read the thread. If you do so, you'll see that I'm not against TOR, and that it's actually there for discussion.

Moving right along -

This thread is about the freedom to express one's thoughts about "Team-Gizka"

Well you were close, it's about TSLRP, not Team Gizka. So can we PLEASE get back on topic, and could the local moderators please clean out the off-topic rubbish?

Edited by Darth_Windu

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Read the thread. If you do so, you'll see that I'm not against TOR, and that it's actually there for discussion.
I did, actually. Can I get my ten minutes back?

You are not against TOR, but you consider monthly fees "morally reprehensible". But no, you are not against TOR. No sirree!

Well you were close, it's about TSLRP, not Team Gizka. So can we PLEASE get back on topic, and could the local moderators please clean out the off-topic rubbish?
The mod team and the mod itself are separate topics only in the most strict sense. Discussing TSLRP can (and will) usually lead to TG being mentioned and discussed in turn - and frankly I doubt a separate thread to discuss Team Gizka exclusively would be warranted. Fortunately, you don't get to decide what's off-topic and what's not. Edited by random n00b

Im getting the feeling this project was a little too ambitious, perhaps the main goal of no bugs, combining restored content and making it a closed project.

Currently they are averaging 3 bug fixes a month right? In the past 3 months they've found 24 bugs and fixed 10... Its a joke to believe this restoration is going to come out anytime soon without outside help, which for the most part is denied right?

Does Gizka have any plans to speed up the restoration?

How soon till we regress from 9 to 5?
I work from 9:00 to 5:00 tomorrow, so it would be very easy to make such a progression. J/K. It all depends on how motivated Dashus and his team becomes. Its been sitting on 5 for a good three or four months.

No. KotF was a con, TSLRP exists and works. The problem of course is that it doesn't work well enough to justify a release right now.

Dash, like most of us, is quite busy at the moment, so just be patient. Waiting for even a few months (and no, I'm not saying it will take that long) isn't going to kill you.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

making it a closed project.
This is probably it. The only explanation I can think of is that they don't want any late additions to the team that may "steal their glory" or something like that. Understandable if they seek to get jobs in the industry, but otherwise...

Ironically, it's possible the project would be finished quicker if they finally announced they are giving up, as fresh people with more time and possibly a better disposition to work on the mod would take over. Full games have been made in significantly less time, and it's no surprise they are fed up with it.

Im getting the feeling this project was a little too ambitious, perhaps the main goal of no bugs, combining restored content and making it a closed project.

Currently they are averaging 3 bug fixes a month right? In the past 3 months they've found 24 bugs and fixed 10... Its a joke to believe this restoration is going to come out anytime soon without outside help, which for the most part is denied right?

Does Gizka have any plans to speed up the restoration?

It's their choice, and whether it is a smart one is a whole other issue.

Since there's officially no money involved, i wouldn't personally choose to keep the project close for the following reasons:

1) I generally dislike keeping things esoteric for the sake of being esoteric

2) It's completely dependent on the members own drive to fix things, which will usually suffer the longer it takes

3) Nepotism is indirectly created with having a closed beta, which is never a good thing

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No. KotF was a con, TSLRP exists and works. The problem of course is that it doesn't work well enough to justify a release right now.

Dash, like most of us, is quite busy at the moment, so just be patient. Waiting for even a few months (and no, I'm not saying it will take that long) isn't going to kill you.

I'm willing to wait s'more. :( Just don't quit guys, PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Team-Gizka's W.I.P. Report
Tracking 1011 known issues

Severity:

Block 0

Crash 0

Major 1

Minor 5

Tweak 2

Text 0

Trivial 1

Feature 11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total 9

We progressed from 5 to 9.

Progress, or regress? :(

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Q: I feel like bashing LucasArts. This is the right thread for it, right?

A: No.

*sigh*

I'm sure we can make the appropriate thread for it :x and if the mods complain we'll complain back by shouting "freedom of speech!" and "Inter Arma Silent Legis" :p

I have this sneaky suspicion that wouldn't really work. >_<

Look who's being negative.

I'm sort of hoping to get a progressreport. Wouldn't have to be a video, would appriciate some short audio-file, so taht we know where we are :lol:

Been over a year now since we got our last update :lol:

Been over a year now since we got our last update :lol:

Not true, it's only been a year since the last 'official' update, us beta testers have given many updates since then. :)

Smartass -.- :huh: