TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

After pulling everyone off subject, I will now bring us back to the thread's purpose.

Mantis Bugs

Apperently there are three people working on the technical aspects of this project. Tupac Amaru, JdNoa, and Dashus. Searching through the team's forums provided some possible insight. Beta Team Forums Under the thread called Miltiades' Impressions, the project has stalled due to Dashus' life based responsibilities.

Current playthrough is stalled until 1.0b11 is released.

I think it'll probably be shortly after we track down Dashus again. He's been eaten by real life, and we need to find a regurgitive powerful enough to get him back.

I guess its all about finding time to do some modding, so this could take an indefinite amount of time to finish. Life is life, and you cannot get around that. Hopefully life didn't get too complicated to the point where he just had to walk away.

Edited by Marcus

Don't forget that no reputable site would touch anything that emerged from codex :)

The unofficial Arcanum patch is hosted at a lot of major gaming sites. ;)

Edited by H
20795.jpg

So all hope is left on Dashus, being the buildmaster gone AWOL. No further bugtesting (or atleast of Militades part) until he recompiles a new build.

I will try not to be pessimistic about this.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Considering that the time between builds is a bit shaky at best, i will keep my optimism reserved at the moment.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Considering that the time between builds is a bit shaky at best, i will keep my optimism reserved at the moment.

We'll see.

Ahh... I have more chances of winning the lottery. I just wanted to keep the steady tone in replies going. :lol:

Its here! Its here! :aiee: Do you see it? Does anyone else see it?

I'm in deep denial. :lol::brows:

Edited by Marcus

Keep in mind of course it depends greatly on what bugs we find in 1.0b11 (assuming there are some), how quickly we find them, and how easy they are to fix.

0000997 - 299TEL major assigned (Dashus) 04-11-08 Cannot complete Droid Factory

0001018 - 298TEL minor assigned (Dashus) 08-03-08 HK-50 repeats his dialog from cutscenes

0001019 - 299TEL trivial assigned (Dashus) 08-03-08 HK-50 unit not deactivated

0001020 - 299TEL minor assigned (Dashus) 08-03-08 HK-50 conversation doesn't automatically start

Most of the bugs listed can be easily fixed. I did notice the above four bugs, which suround the HK-Factory levels. Wouldn't those have been fixed early in the process and development. Your 'major' bug issue seems like a big 'block' in this project's completion. I don't call that a bug. I call that a 'major' problem. Combined with the other three issues, you would think these should have been solved years ago. I was thinking within the first year of production. Why have they slowed things down? Edited by Marcus

Combined with the other three issues, you would think these should have been solved years ago. I was thinking within the first year of production. Why have they slowed things down?

Fixing issues is not always about fixing obvious or easy stuff first. That can be a recipee (sp?) for disaster :sorcerer:

It is possible (as in, I haven't got a clue how Kotor2 modding in particular works) that they rely on other things, that is subject to change and any effort to fix them would be a wasted effort, until whatever they rely on have been done first.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Your 'major' bug issue seems like a big 'block' in this project's completion. I don't call that a bug. I call that a 'major' problem. Combined with the other three issues, you would think these should have been solved years ago. I was thinking within the first year of production. Why have they slowed things down?

It wasn't fixed 'years ago' because the problem didn't exist years ago. Part of the point of having the beta testers test every build 'clean' so to speak is because often, a fix for one issue causes a bug further up the chain. In the previous builds the bug where I couldn't get out of the HK factory didn't exist - evidently something that happened, most likely relating to a bug fix - caused the problem to occur.

That's also the reason that TSLRP has taken so long. It's not a simple matter of fixing each individual bug, it's a matter of making sure that everything works properly with the fixes in place. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

True, very true.

The makers of the game took a good three years to release it the first time, and that was with all the missing stuff in it. It makes perfect sense to me that, in order to release a working copy, they'd have to go back through all of that work and then add the tweaks on top of it.

Actually, OE finished KOTOR2 in a year (which is *quite* a feat actually in the gameworld). Do you refer to KOTOR1?

Also; Marcus, especially the first cannot be "easily" fixed (despite what and all others keep saying... it IS a major issue). Altough they work on it (it was broken in 1.0b8 different than the report from 1.0b5)...

For example: Know how that modder, Ulic, made fixes for the Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger. He only made tweaks that concerned THOSE places, yet somehow that mod breaks a HK (the exploding one) on Telos... now think on a much larger scale...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee