TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

I have to say that I love vista on my laptop (and yes I play games with it) and everything I have tried has worked or had a fix out. I play BF2 (all exps), BF1942 (all exps but vietnam), Cod1 (all exps), Cod2 (all exps), Cod4, all the sims 2 (but free time and one stuff pack), kotor 1, kotor 2, EAW, NWN 2 (and exps), AOE 2 (and exps), AOE 3, Mass Effect, LOTR Battle for Middle Earth, Sins of a Solar Empire, and all of these are curently installed and working. I have only one problem when i exit a game after it as exited it says that (insert program name here) has stoped working and needs to close (but I was exiting so no duh it stoped working lol) and that is only on 5 of the old ones. But hey mabey I am just lucky.

Boy, I really hope that this project will work smoothly with Vista.

Does anything work smoothly with Vista? :p

Lol, ya know, I've had Vista for about a month now and have yet to experience any problems with it. It's been working better than XP ever did for me, actually.

But I really dunno if I'd be willing to rollback to XP just to make the restoration project work. Guess I'd play it on one of my older computers :bat:

Should be no need. I know lots of people have problems with it, but I seem to play TSL on Vista just fine.

In fact, I've had Vista for over a year now and have pretty much the same experience as you. Some stuff don't work, no, but the compatability problems have been far less than I expected. While I have no love for Microsoft in any way, I do get the feeling that lots of people just assumed Vista would suck and therefore only note it when they have that suspicion confirmed. It does have a few, but my experience tells me it's better than its reputation. Not as much better than XP as MS would have you believe, I think, but not terrible either. Really, I think it's greatest problem is how MS has marketed it.

Positive advancement;

The Nihilus options bug is fixed! One major (on Mantis that is) left...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Should be no need. I know lots of people have problems with it, but I seem to play TSL on Vista just fine.

I needed to replace a .dll file that had to do with the sound, or something like that, to get TSL to run properly. But it was a very common problem and the fix was easy enough. It runs so well on this computer, that's why I think I can't ever go back to my old one :lol:

You found 993 bugs and glitches?

Youch, this mod is serious work. :thumbsup:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'd be surprised (all be it pleasantly) if it become available before the end of the year- But who knows really we're all kept in the dark when it comes to progress (this isn't a dig at Team Gizka- They're still an awesome bunch for even attempting this let alone getting as far as they have)

Shifting gears while staying on the subject -- http://www.quantcast.com/team-gizka.org

Sometimes I like reading statistical data. Children between the ages of 13-17 are more likely to visit team-gizka's site than any other age group. In the month of May, team-gizka had it's lowest visits for 2008. Rebound visits could be the result of the leak, but I'm only making an assumption. I don't know if there is any truth to what I said. How reliable is Quancast.com? 20,000 visits in feburary is still incredible. Wow! :yucky:

Edited by Marcus

Shifting gears while staying on the subject -- http://www.quantcast.com/team-gizka.org

Sometimes I like reading statistical data. Children between the ages of 13-17 are more likely to visit team-gizka's site than any other age group. In the month of May, team-gizka had it's lowest visits for 2008. Rebound visits could be the result of the leak, but I'm only making an assumption. I don't know if there is any truth to what I said. How reliable is Quancast.com? 20,000 visits in feburary is still incredible. Wow! :shifty:

Got another one for you, then: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_.../team-gizka.org :(

Edited by Lord Miltiades

Sometimes I like reading statistical data. Children between the ages of 13-17 are more likely to visit team-gizka's site than any other age group. In the month of May, team-gizka had it's lowest visits for 2008. Rebound visits could be the result of the leak, but I'm only making an assumption. I don't know if there is any truth to what I said. How reliable is Quancast.com? 20,000 visits in feburary is still incredible. Wow! :woot:

Got another one for you, then: http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_.../team-gizka.org :p

Thanks. :)

Team-gizka.org users come from these countries:

United States 46.9%

Austria 9.2%

United Kingdom 7.2%

Russia 6.9%

Belgium 4.5%

More team-gizka.org users...

United States 46.9%

Austria 9.2%

United Kingdom 7.2%

Russia 6.9%

Belgium 4.5%

Spain 4.2%

Poland 2.0%

Germany 1.9%

Brazil 1.3%

Canada 1.3%

Australia 1.2%

Hungary 1.2%

Greece 1.2%

Portugal 1.1%

Finland 0.9%

France 0.9%

India 0.7%

Indonesia 0.6%

Singapore 0.5%

Slovakia 0.5%

Serbia and Montenegro 0.5%

Argentina 0.4%

Romania 0.4%

Other countries 4.6%

Team-gizka.org traffic rank in other countries:

Belgium 625,32687

Austria 789,559

United States 34,72423

Russia 3,942,728

United Kingdom 440,919

I wonder what they use to measure the demographics. Maybe the big three servers. Edited by Marcus

What? No dutchies? And we are supposed to be flooding the nets... :woot:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

11 and 1001. Numbers are growing( Anyone to celebrate the millennium? :woot:

Relax. First of all, TG has consistently said that the bug count is not a countdown to release. Second, take a look at those new errors. Two of the are text issues in the dialog.tlk. Heck, anyone here able to use Notepad to open the file (= anyone) could probably fix that. The minor one is a detail ("Kreia shouldn't be there anymore"), which is incorrect, but does not hinder the game. The new trivial bug is similarly, well, trivial. Only one issue is significant, and has apparently happened to only one player. Frankly, I find it encouraging that the testers are putting the mod through a microscope, and yet it is these sorts of things they find.

And yet stuff like the Handmaiden's Robe exploit eludes them.

It is... weird... to say the least.

^

Relax. First of all, TG has consistently said that the bug count is not a countdown to release. Second, take a look at those new errors. Two of the are text issues in the dialog.tlk. Heck, anyone here able to use Notepad to open the file (= anyone) could probably fix that. The minor one is a detail ("Kreia shouldn't be there anymore"), which is incorrect, but does not hinder the game. The new trivial bug is similarly, well, trivial. Only one issue is significant, and has apparently happened to only one player. Frankly, I find it encouraging that the testers are putting the mod through a microscope, and yet it is these sorts of things they find.

That's true...At least they are now at the stage where all that is left to be done is polish and refine- just a question of how many areas they find that need polishing...

I think this one give me brain freeze:

0000997 299TEL major assigned (Dashus) 04-11-08

Cannot complete Droid Factory

Alright I'm a bit baffled.

If HK-47 downloads the HK-50 templates, both the HK-50's and -51's stop attacking, and there's no way to complete the factory.

If HK-47 downloads the HK-51 templates, both the -50's and -51's attach him, except for the three inactive HK-51's in the HK-51 control room.

If HK-47 deletes the HK-51 template, then all of the HK-50's and -51's attach him.

So as I said, I'm baffled as to how I'm supposed to complete this. As far as I can recall, in my last playthrough the factory ended when HK-47 downloaded the HK-51 template, however this is NOT happening in this case.

- DW

I hope this comes off the list soon. :yucky: I think this one issue may be of concern to them, or maybe there is a quick and easy fix. :ermm: Edited by Marcus

Up to 11 errors. ;(

But on the bright side, there are a total of 1,001 errors found. How is that the bright side? Easy. It means that there are that many fewer glitches that we have to worry about when the mod launches!!

After that, then we get to look forward to the droid planet mod to be adapted for TSRP. Then the real fun can begin! :lol: