Alpha Protocol at E3 2008

What was the last great game Sega published?

Medieval 2: Total War.

And Empires: Total War iz comin' to rox your PC boxers off.

If any of you guys had a genesis growing up as kids, you'd be totally hyped about the new Golden Axe game. I spent weeks on those when I was a kid. Also, remember Universe At War? Condemned? All these are games published by Sega and soon to come is Space Siege, personally I liked Dungeon Siege 2 and I have hopes that this will saturate me till D3 comes :)

Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin and some japanese strategy game that involves an airplane transforming into a robot as a commander, capturing and defeating the enemy base in a unique real time strategic gameplay style.

Sigh. I miss the old days.

Edited by Zoma

Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin and some japanese strategy game that involves an airplane transforming into a robot as a commander, capturing and defeating the enemy base in a unique real time strategic gameplay style.

Sigh. I miss the old days.

Red Alert 3 is a strategy game that involves an airplane transforming into a robot as a commander, capturing and defeating the enemy base.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36361.html

See?

Seriously, its not that one I am refering to.

-Its a 2D game where the player is only able to control an airplane that is deployed from a main base which the player has to defend and destroy the opponent's one. The camera is set on a bird's eye view setting.

-The player is able to build units from the base and is capable to manually airlift the units built into the hotzones or used to capture other smaller bases on the map. Only the player's units is capable of damaging and destroying the enemy's base. The commander is capable of combat regardless hence the need for transofrmation into a mecha form.

-The airplane/commander unit the player uses has limited fuel and is incapable of flying all across to the end of the map to directly attack the enemy base. Hence the the need capture sub bases on the map for the purpose of refueling. If I recall correctly, the commander uses both fuel and health with a same unit.

-The units the player build have limited fuel as well. Once they run out of fuel, they are stranded in the battlefield and requires to be brought back to the base for refueling. If I recall correctly, units that have run out of fuel are vulnerable to being captured by enemy commander to be converted to their own unit.

-Commanders can be shot down, but they always respawn back in the main base.

I can't remember much of the details since I only recall watching other people playing this game when I was kiddy young. But it was popular enough that the game was seen to be playing in almost every single video game shop despite being in a japanese language.

--edit--

Found the game. Its called Herzog Zwei

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/01/rev...-zwei-sega.html

Edited by Zoma