Point of Blaster Rifles?

What's the point of blaster rifles?

So far all I see is that it's one where you need the least feats for. No Dueling, no Two-Weapon Fighting, nothing at all! It might be good for force users since the only feats they need/want are Toughness, Regenerate Force Points, and Regenerate Vitality Points.

Edited by bisurge

Same as any other big, heavy, generaly useless weapon. Seriously, the only weapons worth the price of admission are lightsabers. It's a Star Wars game for crying out loud! What would you pick, a random laser gun or a friggin' LIGHTSABER? :ermm:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Rifles have the highest critical hit chance among all ranged weapons. Get Master Sniper Shot and Precise Shot V, and people will be dying really quickly.

20795.jpg

Lol, now im not a fan of rifles but they can be incredibly effective. I can kill the 3 jedi in freedon nadds tomb by myself by doing the following.

1. run out of range of saber

2. use plague making them move slower

3. place high level stun mine at corner

4. grab rifle snipe shot, snipe shot one is dead.

5. plague them all again

6. stun mine...

7. and repeat with snipe shot killing both and receiving almost no damage on expert.

I believe its called "Kiting"

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Rifles are pointless? Hmm, seems to me the Candalore always manages to chew up and spit out enemies. Now granted, it was a lot more fun with the Ordo repeating cannon in the original. But even with the Mandalorian assault weapons in TSL, he could administer a lot of hurt.

Now, that said, I'll always go for lightsabers for my PC.

Rifles are pointless? Hmm, seems to me the Candalore always manages to chew up and spit out enemies. Now granted, it was a lot more fun with the Ordo repeating cannon in the original. But even with the Mandalorian assault weapons in TSL, he could administer a lot of hurt.

Agreed. And w/o blaster rifles, where does that leave Candalore (♥ that! :p ) and HK-47? Don't tell me you have anyone but pre-Jedi Atton (and occasionally Mical) dual-wielding blaster pistols? :ermm:

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Isn't it just easier to make Jedify two party members and give 'em lightsabers? Makes more sense to me :biggrin:

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Isn't it just easier to make Jedify two party members and give 'em lightsabers? Makes more sense to me :biggrin:

Yes, but what do you do BEFORE that? Have Atton run around unarmed? :ermm: He's all you'vre got for quite a while, and no way to Jedi-ify him until Nar Shaddaa.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

double-bladed vibroblade

Agreed, my Sith PCs will use dual pistols without remorse until people get close. Very nice for removing the chaff from battles.

And personally, I find 3 melee characters in battle very crowded. So I always take 1 ranged character, whether that's Kreia for support and "ranged" force fire, or Candalore/HK-47, or Atton/Mira pre-Jedied. I don't need them running around with vibroblades when I've got lightsabers in front.

double-bladed vibroblade

Hmmph, your Atton was probably horrible. He starts out with all ranged spec feats, and it takes along time for you to spec him for double melee.

62nzp7r.jpg

I usually started him out with double pistols for a while.

Even once Atton is Jedied, I prefer to leave him on pistols for a while. He's so far down that line, making him a melee character takes too long to merit it. By the time he's ready, Visas is already better than he could be. So while Atton is great for support, and it's nice that he can use a saber to defend himself if people get close, he's never going to measure up in front-line combat. And again, most area maps are too constricted, IMHO, for 3 melee characters. So I'll always go: PC; Visas/Handmaiden/Mical; Ranged support.

Nah, you just don't level Atton until he gets to be a Jedi. Then he's nicely tuned. Kreia and my PC can usually take care of all the baddies till then and Nar Shaddaa is always my first stop.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Hahhah, level stack! Player's first choice since BG1!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Even once Atton is Jedied, I prefer to leave him on pistols for a while. He's so far down that line, making him a melee character takes too long to merit it. By the time he's ready, Visas is already better than he could be. So while Atton is great for support, and it's nice that he can use a saber to defend himself if people get close, he's never going to measure up in front-line combat. And again, most area maps are too constricted, IMHO, for 3 melee characters. So I'll always go: PC; Visas/Handmaiden/Mical; Ranged support.

Exactly + his critical abillity while stealthed is incredible combined with snipe shot.

62nzp7r.jpg

Agreed. And w/o blaster rifles, where does that leave Candalore (♥ that! :) ) and HK-47? Don't tell me you have anyone but pre-Jedi Atton (and occasionally Mical) dual-wielding blaster pistols? >_

"Candalore" is hugely effective with some of the more damage dealing swords (or axes) in the game. He cuts a bloody swath through the Sith.

He does it better (as far as I'm aware) with a double bladed lightsaber. So does Exile. And Handmaiden. And there's my party. >_<

What's the point of blaster rifles? So far all I see is that it's one where you need the least feats for... [almost] nothing at all!

-_-

Weapon Focus: Blaster Rifle

Weapon Specialization: Blaster Rifle

Repeaters, (such as Canderous's) are not rifles, they are heavy weapons. And uh, Basic rifle = fail. And any blaster rifle is really only any good with feats such as Power Blast or Sniper Shot as described before. K2 upgrades also rock.

Twitter | @Insevin