Location of Save Files

Apologies if this information is elsewhere - I could not find it...

I have saved on KotOR II a lot. More than a lot in fact... but I can only find the first 8 save files in my directory to delete the boogers. Where are the other ones?!

Using a PC with Vista (if that helps).

wilsonqc

Can't you delete the saves from the load menu?

Curiouser and curiouser. Yes you can - thanks for pointing that out.

But now I have deleted the 8 save files I could find in the game save directory, the 100 or so (yes, that many!) saves that were there are gone... The 8 saves that were there were the first 8 saved, not the newest ones recycled - I could tell that from the date of the files... Perhaps now it does not matter.

Thanks for your input anyhow Caradoc!

wilson

• 1 month later...
As far as I can tell, Vista saves game files under your profile's Documents folder. If you have trouble locating the saves, you could try making a save and then running a search for recently changed files.

hey guys so, first post so please take it easy on me =)

i just built a computer running xp so that it could run kotor2 easily... however ran into the glitch on onderon (program stops when mandalore reaches guards) so i saved the game, put the game on my vista computer... and put the game on and just finished doing my buisness on the planet there. i saved the game as a new file and now i'm trying to transfer my file back onto the xp computer which is where i run into this problem. i've been looking EVERYWHERE for the new saved file, i checked the SAVES file in Program Files/Lucas Arts / KOTOR2/Saves..... not there (only the saved file i did on my xp when i was transferring it onto the vista computer)..... i checked where you said i should (the document folders in my profile) its not there... i performed a search and of recent changed files... and i still can't find it.... i doubled check that kotor 2 can still run the recent saved file and yes it can... so the file is there... however i can't find it on the vista computer.... please help!

i know lots of people will say that why would you want to put it back on the xp computer and heres any replies to that:

1) built the computer just 3 days ago and PURPOSEFULLY chose xp over vista because

2) vista sucks for gaming.... i don't care what anyone says i would not be having any of these locations issues if it came to xp

3) i'm running off vista off an xps laptop..... so i can mod that many parts on a laptop as compared to a modified computer tower...

so please avoid giving me any responses dealing with 'why don't you run the game on vista if it works there'! thank you!

I don't know how accurate an interpretation it is, but if you don't run K2 in administrator mode in Vista, I don't think it actually saves any games. It thinks it does, it will list them, but they never load (at least mine wouldn't) and they just don't exist as files on the hard drive. What's really weird, is that if you switch it to run as an administrator, none of those games will be in your game list anymore.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I don't know how accurate an interpretation it is, but if you don't run K2 in administrator mode in Vista, I don't think it actually saves any games. It thinks it does, it will list them, but they never load (at least mine wouldn't) and they just don't exist as files on the hard drive. What's really weird, is that if you switch it to run as an administrator, none of those games will be in your game list anymore.

this is exactly the problem I'm having right now, I cannot locate my save files from a non "run as admin" game of K2 but I run as admin and the saves dissapear. I have no idea how to locate them either, but they have to be somewhere...vista is just hiding them from me lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...