Awesome things you did thread.

Fenghuang

Krezack: Agreed with the last four bands.

Fenghuang: Agreed with "It is a good year for concerts."

theslug: so how's that awesome? If you said "I killed Kennedy" or something along these lines...

What awsome things I did? I met my girlfriend, that's awesome! As well, one night I was hanging out with a friend in a nice little park, he got stoned and I got drunk additionally, but still we managed to talk two loud, stupid, aggressive and muscular skinheads out of beating up some random kids in the park. Also, I could die without regret, because I did and have all I came here for, that's an awesome feeling too.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Slipknot is really bloody awful.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wow, Fenghuang, that's totally awesome man if you just replace all those bands with RHCP, QOTSA, SOAD, NIN and maybe Muse or Radiohead.

I saw Radiohead last week at Roskilde.. and Muse the year before that - they are superb live!

Fortune favors the bald.

Besides, nothing is ever going to be as good as the Iron Maiden concert I went to in May anyway, not to mention I saw Rush a few weeks before them. It is a good year for concerts.

9 days until Maiden comes to Finland. It

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Your face is bloody awful.

Besides, nothing is ever going to be as good as the Iron Maiden concert I went to in May anyway, not to mention I saw Rush a few weeks before them. It is a good year for concerts.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

These following lads have had the honor to witness ME in the audience:

- Metallica

- Slayer

- Pantera

- Tool

- Nine Inch Nails

- Opeth

- Marilyn Manson

- Slipknot

- The Sounds

- Morrissey

+ several others i forgot about.

It's been awesome so far.

(I've managed to miss every Iron Maiden concert, they sell out within 10 minutes :bat: )

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wow, Fenghuang, that's totally awesome man if you just replace all those bands with RHCP, QOTSA, SOAD, NIN and maybe Muse or Radiohead.

I saw Radiohead last week at Roskilde.. and Muse the year before that - they are superb live!

I'm jealous. I've had the misfortune of missing all those peeps at every damn Big Day Out concert so far, which is bad when you consider that it's one of the biggest music festivals in the world, right here on my doorstep.

Dude, show I saw was so ****ing epic/brutal/awesome like you wouldn't believe. Bruce Dickinson sounds as good as ever and he doesn't look a shade over 35 even though he's damn near 50 now, also he was more energetic than just about anyone I'd ever seen perform before given how hard the vocals to those songs are to pull off; jumping over speaker boxes, sprinting around the stage, quick changing into costumes, all sorts of crazy ****. The layered/dueling guitars were awesome and everybody was in top form. The effects were ****ing amazing though. Rime of the Ancient Mariner they turned the whole stage into a ship, Number of the Beast they had a 12 foot goathead effigy of SATAN and COLUMNS OF FIRE AROUND THE ENTIRE STAGE. Also big giant mummified Eddie they couldn't bring on the first leg of the tour because it wouldn't fit on the plane and giant cybernetic roman centurion Eddie with a laser rifle that came out and walked around/****ed with the band members during Time to Live.

Man that sounds cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How did an "Awesome things you've done" thread turn into a "Concerts I've attended" thread?

I don't care how awesome a concert is, YOU didn't do it...

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

How did an "Awesome things you've done" thread turn into a "Concerts I've attended" thread?

Unless you're in a band.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ofcourse it was awesome. The bands were able to play for ME, witness MY greatness, and had the oppurtunity to see ME in person.

I am that awesome.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Your face is bloody awful.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ofcourse it was awesome. The bands were able to play for ME, witness MY greatness, and had the oppurtunity to see ME in person.

I am that awesome.

I can attest to this.

this past weekend i hiked nearly 30 miles through the san juan mountains near the rio grande resevoir. 4 days, climbing up the ute creek trail, across the continental divide trail, down rincon la vaca, through weminuche pass and back down to the rio grande. i began the trip (on the 4th) by falling into the rio grande above the resevoir nearly drowning in the process. we had to cross it to begin the trip and the water was over 3 feet high and raging. next time i bring trek poles. :ermm: we finished the trip monday and i was exhausted. one of the highlights was camping at over 12000 feet (above the treeline) on the divide saturday night in a lightning storm. the next morning we had an 800 foot climb up to what is known as "the window" next to the rio grande pyramid. i'll post pictures when they arrive (the guy with the camera is still at 30-mile campground with his family).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

this past weekend i hiked nearly 30 miles through the san juan mountains near the rio grande resevoir. 4 days, climbing up the ute creek trail, across the continental divide trail, down rincon la vaca, through weminuche pass and back down to the rio grande. i began the trip (on the 4th) by falling into the rio grande above the resevoir nearly drowning in the process. we had to cross it to begin the trip and the water was over 3 feet high and raging. next time i bring trek poles. :ermm: we finished the trip monday and i was exhausted. one of the highlights was camping at over 12000 feet (above the treeline) on the divide saturday night in a lightning storm. the next morning we had an 800 foot climb up to what is known as "the window" next to the rio grande pyramid. i'll post pictures when they arrive (the guy with the camera is still at 30-mile campground with his family).

taks

Pictures are very welcomed!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

this past weekend i hiked nearly 30 miles through the san juan mountains near the rio grande resevoir. 4 days, climbing up the ute creek trail, across the continental divide trail, down rincon la vaca, through weminuche pass and back down to the rio grande. i began the trip (on the 4th) by falling into the rio grande above the resevoir nearly drowning in the process. we had to cross it to begin the trip and the water was over 3 feet high and raging. next time i bring trek poles. :verymad: we finished the trip monday and i was exhausted. one of the highlights was camping at over 12000 feet (above the treeline) on the divide saturday night in a lightning storm. the next morning we had an 800 foot climb up to what is known as "the window" next to the rio grande pyramid. i'll post pictures when they arrive (the guy with the camera is still at 30-mile campground with his family).

taks

Wow, that sounds awesome man. Pictures would be sweet. :-

Have I mentioned that I once punched a monkey?

-Elwood Blues

Best. Post. Ever.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Best. Post. Ever.

It was chewing on my achilles tendon.

-Elwood Blues

I never had rain on any festival I went to. It's always shiny bright weather the days I'm there, and it tends to rain the days I'm not. For example, when I go for just the second day of a 3-day festival, then upon my arrival the sky will clear up, and the moment I leave the clouds will return.

It's been like this for years. The only logical explanation is that I have a supernatural innate ability to keep it from raining on festivals. People always want me to come with them, which is nice.

Best. Post. Ever.

It was chewing on my achilles tendon.

I punched a midget last First of May. No, seriously. A drunk midget. If that's not awesome, nothing is.

I was also once beaten with a shopping trolley and hand chains after throwing an office chair into someone's face. I broke a guy's shoe and he was angry enough to stab someone to extensive care that night. I got lucky, I guess.

And, to continue with the fairly violent theme, I've broken the same bones in my right foot so many times(in a fight, during skiing, on ice, etc) that it aches when weather gets cold. And I work on a graveyard. I seriously need a massive scar or an eyepatch to get this crotchety war vet thing going on.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Pictures are very welcomed!
Wow, that sounds awesome man. Pictures would be sweet. :biggrin:

i can't wait to see them myself. apparently there is one picture of me escaping the rio grande, though he didn't catch me actually falling. my feet were numb by the time i got out, then i had to go back across, and re-thaw a second time. took 20 minutes or so to recover.

the interesting thing was that the solution to the wounds on my feet (i tore a chunk out of my left heel and got a blood blister on my right big toe) was duct tape. yup, the silver stuff. cover the wounds with a bandage or gauze first, then duct tape over the whole thing with enough that it won't bunch up while hiking. prevents any further damage from existing wounds and it's also useful to prevent hot-spots from turning into blisters. oddly, hiking with wet boots was not an issue. once i got going, i didn't even notice (i was wearing wool socks, btw).

oh, many of the trails in that region were closed off to horse traffic due to high levels of snow. there was at least some snow all the way down to about 10000 feet. we almost witnessed a few horses bite it on a creek crossing that was covered with enough snow that the horses had to go around and walk a real narrow trail. it was raining (plus lightning) and they were spooked. once a horse gets spooked it's difficult to calm it, and the likelihood of a crippling accident increases dramatically.

the biggest let-down of the whole trip was that there was very little in the way of wild-life running around. almost nothing, in fact, save a single elk off in the distance once. this in spite of the fact that the area was devoid of other campers.

taks

comrade taks... just because.