Awesome things you did thread.

Fenghuang

On the 4th of July I went up into the hills above the Golden Gate Bridge with my girlfriend and we were able to see the fireworks shows of Marin, Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, and another as yet unidentified place off in the distance.

The next day we went to an improv show and when they asked the audience for "Something that's always the same." I said "War, war never changes." and they totally did a scene about it. :o

Also after that we went to the ice cream shop in Ghirardelli Square and got a bitchin' dark chocolate fudge sundae.

Post about awesome things you recently did that made you happy here. :)

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

A colleague of mine died recently from cancer. I had to talk to his family and said off the cuff.

"A life lived with courage and honour is never diminished in passing. Living with honour inspires others to remember us. Courage defends them so that they are able to do so."

It lifted much of the grief. There is nothing that can compare to easing another's pain.

Even if, on reflection it was a bit muddled. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm drawing a blank,

I think you're forgetting your avatar.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I saved a total stranger's life on a ski trip a few years back. After he had fallen he was hanging from a cliff and I pulled him up. That's probably the most awesome thing I ever did. The chicks who saw it happen totally digged me.

I worked at a rehab. While I can't say that I did something awesome, I contributed to help more than 10 people, while I was there, out of an addiction that had plauged them for decades and now 5 years after, they are still clean and 3 of them have started the journey to a college degree. It's something I'm quite proud about.

Fortune favors the bald.

I saved a total stranger's life on a ski trip a few years back. After he had fallen he was hanging from a cliff and I pulled him up. That's probably the most awesome thing I ever did. The chicks who saw it happen totally digged me.

See now that's proper awesome. Who hasn't imagined the whole thing with saving a guy hanging off a cliff?

-Elwood Blues

Yeah, y'all are definitely way more awesome than me...

About the most "awesome" thing I can think of that I've ever done is hike the Grand Canyon from the North Rim to the South Rim twice... the second time I did it 8 weeks pregnant! Of course, the first year I nearly fell off a cliff...

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I have a picture of me with a mafia clan head. And the local chief of police. It was a wee bit corrupt.

I also once confused a member of the royal family.

-Elwood Blues

When I was a young teen we had a small garden in the back yard which attracted all sorts of exotic wildlife. One morning I was making some bacon and instead of pouring the hot bacon grease into the sink or something I went outside to pour it into the failed orange tree planters pot like I usually did, however this time there was an extremely large hornworm mulling about. I sprung into action and doused him with burning pig fat. I laughed manically as he squirmed about, helplessly trying to fend off death. I had underestimated this creatures resilience. I was astounded as he meandered around, no doubt in a frenzied rage. So I scooped him up with a gardening spade and sacrificed him to the great ant kingdom. They smothered him by the hundreds, each one devouring his body in primal delight. Rendered pig fat soaking their antennae and greasy mandibles.

I love ants.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect

^ I hope you didn't go around ripping off frog legs, shooting magpies with spud guns and kicking cats in the gut.

I just dragged myself out of bed at 10am. Now, for me, this is pretty sweet at the best of times. But what makes it even better is that I went to bed at 3am!

And then I accidentally stubbed my toe into my computer case in my zombie state, and now it's bleeding pretty profusely all over my god damn foot.

I'm show somebody finds that awesome.

I only have 9 toenails. My left big toe only has a small leftover from a toenail that took forever to detach after being hit and some new yellow toenail growing.

Oh wait, that's not awesome, it's just disgusting.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was hit by a truck when I was 12, and the vehicle suffered more damage than I did.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I was hit by a truck when I was 12, and the vehicle suffered more damage than I did.

... super-hero power? Can you fly too? :*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Just bought tickets to the Rockstar Mayhem Festival.

Will have Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragonforce, and Mastodon all playing at the same event starting at 2PM.

Also I just looked at the openers and Underoath's gonna be there too. This is gonna be pretty sweet.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Wow, Fenghuang, that's totally awesome man if you just replace all those bands with RHCP, QOTSA, SOAD, NIN and maybe Muse or Radiohead.

Disturbed is kind of **** but Slipknot, Dragonforce, and Mastodon are all awesome. :bat:

Also Underoath is okay.

EDIT: Besides, nothing is ever going to be as good as the Iron Maiden concert I went to in May anyway, not to mention I saw Rush a few weeks before them. It is a good year for concerts.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I killed a hooker.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.