Mass Effect propaganda - sidequests?

How's the DLC? Worth 5 bucks? (360 lol)

How's the story/length/gameplay/design/structure? Short review, please, thanks.

BDtS is more involved than the typical side quest. While it is still in the vein of the standard Mass Effect gameplay, there are quite a number of good role play opportunities here and there within it, but only with the main character and non-party NPCs. The main drawback is that no matter who you bring in your party, they will have nothing to say. There were some good opportunities for Wrex's usual snide remarks that Bioware chose not to have in there.

The challenge level pretty good. It is much better than the typical UNC mission and the final battle varies on how you interact with the main baddie. Its difficulty is on par with the final Noveria battle, but for different reasons depending on your role play. Its length is longer than most UNCs, but shorter than the main planets, running roughly 60 to 90 minutes. Last time I went through it, it only took me an hour or so but that was my upteenth time I played the game.

If you liked Mass Effect, then its worth the $5. Hell, BDtS is better than most of the DLCs that are available for the Xbox 360's CRPGs.

If i was to give BDtS a grade I would give it a B+, but then again I am a Bioware (and ME) Fanboy. :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I wasn't that impressed with Bringing down the Sky - but I expected more. I thought it would've taken place after the main campaign.

But you only get one moral choice that's a bit forced imo..

The bad guy suddenly appears in the back of the main hall (where there's no doors for him to enter or exit) and after a short talk he threatens to blow up some prisoners unless you let him go - made it was the voice acting, but I just went "Huh?" it seemed so out of the blue and out of character. I mean I know he was a doucebag, but he just seemed so indifferent delivering the lines.

Fortune favors the bald.

Expected more? It was a DLC, not an expansion or stand alone game. How much more were you expecting for $5? :yucky:

Rosie, please tell me at least one DLC for a XBox 360 CRPG that is worth 400 Microsoft Points that you consider better than BDtS.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Expected more? It was a DLC, not an expansion or stand alone game. How much more were you expecting for $5? :yucky:

Rosie, please tell me at least one DLC for a XBox 360 CRPG that is worth 400 Microsoft Points that you consider better than BDtS.

I have no idea - I played it on the PC..

I didn't expect some grand extra 50+ hours campaign.. just something more rewarding.

Fortune favors the bald.

Its a DLC. How rewarding were you expecting? I like to know specifics. If you were expecting more then you should know what you were expecting.

Edited by Sand

I am just saying that if you are expecting more out of something then you should know what more you are expecting.

I expected better voice acting for one - VA was pretty good for the game (maybe except for Shephard himself at times) and the main bad guy really dissapointed me.

I also expected some update to the situation once I finished the mission, but there was none.. I didn't even get any info that the mission had been added, it was just there in my journal.. How did my character know where to go?

It left with a "that's it?" feeling, to a degree because it didn't seem to have any effect on the game world (which even the smaller subquests had - you know, info from the 5th fleet etc), but mostly because they took so long in getting it to the PC.

But it was free for the pc, so I'm not complaining that much.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmm,

Virmire

was good.

The assault on the base, the genophage stuff.

Re: choices and consequences, Bioware did a job here, in terms of

choosing to have A or K die mwuwahahahaha. I mean, in terms of characters, they're pretty bland and I wasn't particularly attached, but in this instance they were soldiers doing their duty in battle. I unfortunately was spoiled beforehand about having to make this choice. I thought it was just a matter of deciding who would be assisting the Salarians (and thus would die). The choice you had to make later on (who to assist) was thus a nice surprise, and left me pondering for a little bit. Nice little bit of meaningful choice there, and well-executed for once. Well done, Bioware.

The game's getting better.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Okay, end-game was good stuff. This is kind of ending KOTOR2 should have had. Satisfying, yet providing good content for the sequels. Music near the end was pretty good, too (aside from the actual credits song - urg).

Getting Saren to kill himself and letting the Council die were especially satisfying.

I'll look forward to ME2 now, though whether or not I'll jump in at full price is something I haven't decided yet.

Despite its many flaws in many aspects, this might just be Bioware's strongest game overall (though other games surpass it in various aspects).

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)