What are you playing now?

Gorth

I've just bought The Witcher and I'm pleasently suprised - it's a little wierd getting used to the combat and the voice acting is somewhat lacking most of the time.. but the setting is cool, the story is interesting and those two make up for the shortcomings of the other aspects imo.

it also runs really smooth on my computer - I could only play Mass Effect in 1024*768 with the settings on medium - but the Witcher is able to play on max settings and full resolution.

I'm amazed I didn't find it sooner.

You should have waited for the enchanced edition, Rosb. It's supposed to have completely revamped voice acting amongst other things. Yes pixellated b00bies - I'm talking about you (technically two).

I thought only the German version got a voice revamp? and the English just had updated text, animations, reduced loads times and some new missions..

God I hope not. English Geralt sounds like Christopher Lambert during a bad bought of influenza (Note however, his voice range itself is actually greater due to some bizarre twist of fate...and general woefulness of Canadian actors in general).

That being said Rosb, "just" and "load times" should never, I repeat NEVER be mentioned in the same sentence when talking about The Witcher. It's just poor form and it gives the children nightmares.

manthing2.jpg

Baldur's Gate. With all of this discussion about this game, I thought I would finish the game I started a few months back.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

God I hope not. English Geralt sounds like Christopher Lambert during a bad bought of influenza (Note however, his voice range itself is actually greater due to some bizarre twist of fate...and general woefulness of Canadian actors in general).

I swear there were two VAs for Geralt. One of them wasn't bad. Another sounded like an intern.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing the NWN2 OC again, I just finished 0wning Torio in the trial. That was so awesome. <3

I found a VERY cool Bard build, specifically designed for the OC+MotB. I can finish every quest the way I want to, skill wise. Pure awesome.

Now If I can kick Lorne's butt, I'll know for certain that this build is TEH AWESOME.

I could post the build if anyone is curious.

Assassins Creed is pretty cool. I really dig the washed out visual style, and although the combat is too easy it's looks pretty cool and just running into and punching random people is really funny. This game was made for being a jerk. I haven't actually done any missions (assassinations) yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for a sequel.

Go ahead Jaesun, I'm interested.

This is a modified JACK OF HEARTS build from the Bioware site. I don't have the link to the guy who made up this build though, so sorry to him. :brows:

Anyways here is your level progression:

STR: 16(22)

DEX: 10

CON: 12

WIS: 8

INT: 14

CHA: 16(22)

{Quick To Master, Skilled}

Lvl 01: Bard(1): Background: Tale-Teller, Power Attack, Able Learner, {Bardic Knowledge, Inspiration, Inspire Courage, Countersong, Fascinate, Armored Caster (Bard)}

Lvl 02: Bard(2): {Inspire Competence}

Lvl 03: Cleric(1): Divine Might, {Turn Undead, Spontaneous Conversion, Evasion, Feint}

Lvl 04: Bard(3): str+1, {Haven Song}, (STR=17)

Lvl 05: Bard(4)

Lvl 06: Red Dragon Disciple(1): Practiced Spellcaster (bard), {Natural Armor Increase}

Lvl 07: Red Dragon Disciple(2): {Dragon Abilities}, (STR=19)

Lvl 08: Red Dragon Disciple(3): cha+1, {Dragon Breath}, (CHA=17)

Lvl 09: Cleric(2): Divine Shield

Lvl 10: Red Dragon Disciple(4): (STR=21)

Lvl 11: Bard(5)

Lvl 12: Bard(6): cha+1, Blind-Fight, {Inspire Defense}, (CHA=18)

Lvl 13: Bard(7): {Cloud Mind}

Lvl 14: Bard(8): {Inspire Regeneration}

Lvl 15: Bard(9): Curse Song, {Inspire Toughness}

Lvl 16: Bard(10): cha+1, {Ironskin Chant}, (CHA=19)

Lvl 17: Bard(11)

Lvl 18: Bard(12): Extend Spell, {Inspire Slowing}

Lvl 19: Bard(13): {Song of Freedom}

Lvl 20: Bard(14): cha+1, (CHA=20)

Lvl 21: Bard(15): Great Charisma I, {Inspire Jarring}, (CHA=21)

Lvl 22: Bard(16): {Song of Heroism}

Lvl 23: Bard(17): Epic Divine Might

Lvl 24: Bard(18): str+1, (STR=22)

Lvl 25: Bard(19): Chorus of Heroism, {Legionnaire's March}

Lvl 26: Bard(20)

Lvl 27: Bard(21): Lingering Song

Lvl 28: Bard(22): cha+1, (CHA=22)

Lvl 29: Bard(23): Song of Requiem

Lvl 30: Bard(24): Hymn of Requiem

Skills end up kinda like this, but since I removed the 2 levels of Paladin (which require an Alignment change), I removed the paladin and got Divine Shield with the 2nd level of cleric. I'm not good at my D&D math, but this is close to how you end up:

Skills

Skillpoints: 269

Bluff: 33(40)

Concentration: 33

Diplomacy: 33(39)

Intimidate: 16(22)

Lore: 8(34)

Perform: 33(39)

Spellcraft: 25(27)

Spot: 33(32)

Tumble: 30(29)

Use Magic Device: 25(31)

This guy simply is an untouchable (Mirror Image+Displacement+Divine Shield), lethal, killing and Skill check MASTER. After playing this, I cant ever play another class again! Always wanted that Spellcraft check to get the 1 precious Influence point with Grobnar? Now you can! Want to 0wn Torio in the trial? Now you can!

I cannot recommend this build enough. :)

Have fun!

Edited by Jaesun

That build is fine case showing you CAN'T make D&D game hard for all people

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Jaesun is the living example why I just don't care about D&D. The "builds" are more important than the actual game. I absolutely despise it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ooh, give us first impressions ASAP.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Jaesun is the living example why I just don't care about D&D. The "builds" are more important than the actual game. I absolutely despise it.

You are wrong. I have played the NWN2 OC 3 times WITHOUT playing a "Power Build" and loved every minute of it. You can still play any build you like, and still have a good time in the game.

:aiee:

Red Alert 3 beta key arrived!

You'd best star posting about how awesome/not awesome it is. :bat:

Quick! :cat:

It doesn't run very well on a 1.7Ghz P4 with 768MB of ram and a Radeon 9600 Pro. More detailed information to follow next week. :)