NPC's

Do you think we'll be able to let the NPC's switch classes? Like Switching from scout to scoundrel and so on. I think it might add a little more variety. Or even have a character be like your PC in Kotor where they become a jedi partway through the game. Maybe this character will be your apprentice because you train them!

Do you think we'll be able to let the NPC's switch classes?  Like Switching from scout to scoundrel and so on.  I think it might add a little more variety.  Or even have a character be like your PC in Kotor where they become a jedi partway through the game.  Maybe this character will be your apprentice because you train them!

Akari mentioned in one of the weekend programmers that there was a function for changing the npc's class in a certain case, I believe. But I dont have the exact quote.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Also, OrganizedChaos had a good question I thought, so Ill repeat it here. Can your NPCs (particularly the force sensitive ones) join prestige classes or is it just the pc?

Hm... I can't go into details on this... but let me just say that the designers did have one of the programmers add support for changing Party NPC classes via script... :unsure:

-Akari

Here it is.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Hm... I can't go into details on this... but let me just say that the designers did have one of the programmers add support for changing Party NPC classes via script... :blink:

-Akari

Here it is.

I wonder if the characters will have a penalty xp loss when doing that, sounds too simple otherwise.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That doesn't mean the player has control over that - just that a character might  change class partway through the game, whether by PC intervention or not.

If it's still like the first game, then you'll have control (if you chose) over when to level them up, but I'm guessing they automatically take on the new prestige class at the earliest possible time. Unlike the PC, who you could keep as a Guardian up to level 8 or whatever.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)