McCain criticizes "President Putin of Germany"

Jediphile

Gorgon was just taking his position, just about anything American = Badness

I don't have any problems with that position, and I really don't mind if he's totally against the Vietnam war. I just don't understand taking potshots at a prisoner of war in any situation, regardless of nationality.

Ohh bugger off and quit misrepresenting me. He was there, he refused to leave, these facts are not in doubt, I am correct in assuming this am I not. The rest is on all of you.

I was just commenting on how bloody odd it is for an American to be a prisoner of conscience in Vietnam.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

See, this is where I'm having an issue:

Refusing to leave

Refusing to leave without his fellow soldiers

There is a big difference between those two statements. If my house was on fire, I'd be foolish to stick around. However is my family is trapped inside, I'd consider it unconscionable to leave without them. Am I making more sense now?

It goes by the old addage "no one left behind." If one goes, then they all go. If one stays, then they all stay. At least that is how I an interpreting McCain's actions and decisions back then. It is one of the reasons I respect the man.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

See, this is where I'm having an issue:

Refusing to leave

Refusing to leave without his fellow soldiers

There is a big difference between those two statements. If my house was on fire, I'd be foolish to stick around. However is my family is trapped inside, I'd consider it unconscionable to leave without them. Am I making more sense now?

That was my understanding, too. I think it must take unbelievable moral courage to refuse to budge after that much torture.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Probably you can't or don't care to budge after being tortured.

I've read a lot of stuff about torture of PoWs over the years, and spoken to British pows from Korea. I can see what you're saying on general principles, but you should read some of the accounts of what prisoners did by way of resistance before you ignore the real potential for heroism. If you can't be bothered to read anything, watch Bridge over the River Kwai. It has Obi wan Kenobi in it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've read a lot of stuff about torture of PoWs over the years, and spoken to British pows from Korea. I can see what you're saying on general principles, but you should read some of the accounts of what prisoners did by way of resistance before you ignore the real potential for heroism. If you can't be bothered to read anything, watch Bridge over the River Kwai. It has Obi wan Kenobi in it.
Well, I do read a lot, so if I find the time... And which Obi Wan? Alec Guinness? I don't like war movies, but I might give it a try.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

It does? 8)

I only noticed Alec Guiness and William Holden in it - I'll have to check again 8)

Well, I do read a lot, so if I find the time... And which Obi Wan? Alec Guinness? I don't like war movies, but I might give it a try.

You should. It may be a war movie, but calling it that is like calling Star Wars a mere sci-fi movie or Lord of the Rings a fantasy movie. They are more than that - they are classics, and so is "The Bridge of the River Kwai". Just the fact that the director is David Lean (who directed Lawrence of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago) should say a lot. Or have people forgotten him? He used to be classed right up there with Spielberg, Kubrick and their like.

Might remind people that there's more to war than blazing away with an M60 from the hip.*

EDIT: Sadly, because that would be awesome.

-Elwood Blues

Double fail. Putin ain't the Zar of Russia anymore. Medwedev is now the boss.

And the charming lady in charge of Germany is still Mrs. Merkel

285351large_20080413132843.jpg

Goblin.

-Elwood Blues

I think that picture gives us proof George W. Bush is actually nice and caring man. When he tried to give Mrs. Merkel backrub he was probably just thinking: "That poor woman with boobs that big, I bet she has stiff shoulders and back. I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Guest The Architect

Yeah, he's a smooth man old George. Women think that he's a great listener but really he has no clue what they're talking about.

McCain was a hero and he and the Republican party will make sure no one forgets it.

On the other hand, Democrats Max Cleland and Gore and Kerry and most recently General Clark are variously trashed by those same Republicans regarding their service - in some cases while McCain stands by saying nothing.

Only a KIA Democrat is possibly safe from Republicans trashing their service - but maybe not even then. Some right wing religious nuts in Tillman's unit said he was just worm meat since he didn't believe in Jesus (FYI an unidentified Chaplin debriefed all the men in his unit immediately after he was killed).

McCain's participation in a neverending drum beat of approval on his war service really ticks me off.

Maybe he should spend some time talking about some heroes other than himself who didn't make it back from Nam and thinking about all the others who wouldn't have made it back if we had stayed like he still wishes we had.

I have some particular heros in mind. I think about them all the time.

McCain has become a blow hard over the years. Too bad.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

ne thing I do think is funny is how the Reps big up McCain's genuine war service, but refuse to trash George jnr's disgraceful record on the same subject.

-Elwood Blues

Double fail. Putin ain't the Zar of Russia anymore. Medwedev is now the boss.

And the charming lady in charge of Germany is still Mrs. Merkel

285351large_20080413132843.jpg

To be fair:

1. That clip of McCain was uploaded to YouTube in febuary 2007, at which point Putin was at least still president of Russia.

2. Merkel is indeed in charge of Germany, though she is only Kanzler (equal to Prime Minister in many countries). The head of state in Germany is still the president. Currently that position is filled by Horst K

I thought it was the f

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Germany is best ****ing country ever

McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN McCain is ABBA FAN

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

2. Merkel is indeed in charge of Germany, though she is only Kanzler (equal to Prime Minister in many countries). The head of state in Germany is still the president. Currently that position is filled by Horst K

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority