Who is Canderious?

So I just finished my first time through the game. After defeating Kreia, she told me that she could tell me the future and went through the future of Mira, handmaiden, etc., but there was an option to ask about Canderous' future. Who is that? I thought he was from Kotor1. I don't have anyone by the name in my part and all the portraits in my party frame are all filled. the only thing i can think of is that she's referring to Mandalore, but at no point did he tell me he was Canderous. In addition, there was an option to ask her about Mandalore himself and the Mandalorians so it seems redundant to assume that Mandalore is Canderous.

I played as LS male.

thanks

It is indeed Mandalore. The above link will fill you in on how he came to be leader of the Mandalorians after KotOR 1. I believe at some point in the game his real name in mentioned by someone in a cut-scene, possibly Kreia herself. If you use KSE (save editor), you can change Mandalore's appearance, so that you can remove his armour and reveal his rugged bearded face. Unfortunately even with his helmet off he still sounds like he's talking over a bad phone-line.

Canderous was a character/npc from Baldurs Gate 1 (one of the "Tutorial Characters"). He was a Lawful Good human cleric. The name was reused in Kotor1 for a mandalorian mercenary and towards the end of Kotor2, the name pops up again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh. Now *that* brings back memories.

If it serves me right... he had a mace, platemail, and a Small Shield+1, all of which I nabbed in the import/export trick. :deadhorse:

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

So how do you get the game to show you this? Do you have to be DS?

It was intended that if you build influence with Mandalore, he would eventually remove his helmet and reveal himself as Canderous.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canderous#Personality

However, like so many things in TSL, it was cut when LA pushed the deadline. Team Gizka will bring it back when TSLRP is done, though.

Kreia mentions subtle refers to Revan's relationship with Mandalore, hinting that she knows who he is, in a cutscene just before Mandalore takes the exile to Onderon from Dxun. Mandalore also mentions Clan Ordo in this cutscene, further hinting at his identity to those who played the first game.

At the end of the game, when you can ask Kreia about the future of your companions, asking about Mandalore will lead to Kreia eventually saying "...and Canderous is a loyal beast", proving who he is.

And although the influence options are mostly cut content, you can - if you build influence with Mandalore - get him to reveal that he met and traveled with Revan during the Jedi Civil War, which naturally refers to the events of KotOR1. You can do that whether LS or DS, though naturally the choices that will let you build influence with him tend to come with DS points.

thinking back to the whole Canderous thing and Dxun reminds me how the game was almost cool, not quite, but it really was hinting at it.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.