A case of evil

Walsingham

I was gobsmacked to see this today. Boy held in basement, being eaten alive. Yes, you read right, being eaten alive BY HIS FAMILY.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...OUR-months.html

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/91640

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1316059.ece

I mean, seriously. What?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After weeks of playing VtM:B that sounds your average freaky mission ;)

Except this time it was real.

I didn't know about that eating thing :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I forgot to say, of course, that is one of the sickest things I've ever heard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Oh, the humanity.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Launch a well-staffed and managed investigation, followed by trials, arrests, analysis, and a high level examination of ways to prevent and mitigate it happening again?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The thing is I read a lot of military history*, and I know atrocity goes on. What I can't get my head around is how and why you'd brutalise someone you must know very well, day after day. I mean, just to give one example of how it fails to float, what happens when you get those inevitable days you feel like achange of pace? I mean I love my work, but I don't do it every day. What happens if your hobby is torturing and ruining the life of a human being? Do you call in a friend? Do you let them out? Do you bake them a cake? It's madness. Pure madness.

*For the car chases

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

"The secretive sect at the centre of the Czech cannibal case of the little boy eaten by his family boasts 10,000 followers worldwide

Of those three links, only The Sun makes any mention of cannibalism. The rest merely mention abuse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Other newspapers seem to mention it as well: The Australian. I don't know how reliable it is.

@Walsingham

I don't really think that using the logic of a normal family will help you understand why someone who was part of a cult could brutalize her own offspring, group pressure and other techniques are already effective in the schoolyard, I would hate to think of what actual cults are capable of doing to a persons mind.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Other newspapers seem to mention it as well: The Australian. I don't know how reliable it is.

@Walsingham

I don't really think that using the logic of a normal family will help you understand why someone who was part of a cult could brutalize her own offspring, group pressure and other techniques are already effective in the schoolyard, I would hate to think of what actual cults are capable of doing to a persons mind.

In general I'd agree. Cult brainwashing, in fact most brainwashing can be very effective. However, as suicide bomber handlers know you have to work fast once conditioning is set. You have to expose people to the victim for short periods or they start asking awkward questions. Besides which this sounds like only two individuals. Hardly standard cult many-on-one behaviour.

-Elwood Blues

If I ever start a cult, it'll be the best cult ever. The Kool-Aid won't be poisoned!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Depraved for sure.

It isn't easy to understand such people.

They definitely need to be locked away and treated.

I don't really understand how cults work but they seem to be able to beguile people into attrocities they might otherwise not even be able to imagine and certainly wouldn't engage in.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

It's like some horrific... well I just don't know. But what worries me is how many of these subterranean pits are turning up. And the ones turning up are just the public ones. It occurs to me that we could use some of the clever technology flying around to survey for this sort of thing.

Maybe that wouldn't work.

*fume*

Come on, chaps. There'd brains on this board. how could you identify and stop this sort of thing?

-Elwood Blues

Part of western decadence...

Eastern Roman you may have been, but you're still Western to me, Sweetie.

-Elwood Blues

HUR HUR HUUUURRRR

You can't possibly be serious, btw.

-Elwood Blues

Eastern Roman you may have been, but you're still Western to me, Sweetie.

Eastern Roman I have never been as far as I know :ermm: , Southern Slav and part of the west, yes....

Well the western society as much as advance draws with it a constant, rather small amount of, not barbaric, but kind of sophisticated sickness...

Only highlighting ignorant, oversimplificating and baseless claim you made

Well the western society as much as advance draws with it a constant, rather small amount of, not barbaric, but kind of sophisticated sickness...

But you find this kind of **** - and WORSE - from everywhere.

See Japan for example. Not to mention some uncivilized tribes deep in heart of Africa. Or China. Or... it's never ending list