Hail Lightside!

According to the EU Palpatine didn't do this just to himself. He also did it to the designer of the origional Death star. There was a pretty good short story where the guy kept relating how he died in various times (eaten by piranah beetles, Dipped in Nickel, ejected into space...)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wouldnt life be great if you could come back to life again and again just so that you could be killed

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

idk if you are still active in this post deadly nightshade... cause i didnt want to read all the pages :( ... but i agree with u, the republic was corrupt too, and it wasn't just by sidious. Senators loyalties could be bought by others or outside parties... and the underworld of coruscant will never go away, no matter who rules. :sorcerer: both sides have problems.

"we settle our score now...."

- Bass EXE

idk if you are still active in this post deadly nightshade... cause i didnt want to read all the pages :shifty: ... but i agree with u, the republic was corrupt too, and it wasn't just by sidious. Senators loyalties could be bought by others or outside parties... and the underworld of coruscant will never go away, no matter who rules. :shifty: both sides have problems.

Of course Senators (as in any republic) are elected by the people for which they represent. Therefore if the Senators were corrupt, after their term was served, the people that they represented had the opportunity to elect new Senators.

Palpatine spread lies throughout the Republic's influential people (such as Amidala) that the Senators were corrupt so as to gain the trust of those Influential people. It was all part of his plan to reform the Republic into his empire. He promised everyone a system free of corruption, the problem is is that the corruption was non-existent, trivial, or minimal. He made himself out to be a hero, when he was the villian.

• 1 month later...

My analysis as a Light Side supporter:

First, let's talk combat. A Light Side user vs. a Dark Side user. The DS user started it off with his offensive Force powers. But the LS user used his defensive abilities to lessen the effect, and used healing to make it as if the DS user had done nothing at all, if not wear them both out a little. Therefore, we'll say that for combat, they're even.

Let's talk Anakin. The only reason that he turned DS was having all that power. The Emperor tempted him, he wanted to save Padme's life, he had LOADS of Force power. and the Jedi didn't know so they couldn't ensure that he stayed on the right path.

My analysis as a Light Side supporter:

First, let's talk combat. A Light Side user vs. a Dark Side user. The DS user started it off with his offensive Force powers. But the LS user used his defensive abilities to lessen the effect, and used healing to make it as if the DS user had done nothing at all, if not wear them both out a little. Therefore, we'll say that for combat, they're even.

Let's talk Anakin. The only reason that he turned DS was having all that power. The Emperor tempted him, he wanted to save Padme's life, he had LOADS of Force power. and the Jedi didn't know so they couldn't ensure that he stayed on the right path.

Good point. I also happen to believe Light Side is there to counter the dark side.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone keeps saying Anakin fell to the Dark Side because he wanted to be the uber sith lord leetness of his age. He wanted to Save Padme, but he went WAYYY To far. (Killing kids? Come on).

• 2 months later...

Dark side has better Force powers, offensive Force powers. All hail Dark side. :biggrin:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Force Storm FTW. :unsure:

Storm in K1 = BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10-60 damage, Level 18, nuh uh.

Storm in K2 = IT'S SAVED MY WRETCHED ASS MORE THAN A FEW TIMES! 50-150 at level 18, Level 18, YAAAAAAAAAAY

My mechanics may be off, just correct the info if it is off.

But I'd have to choose Light Side, I guess I'm just a goody two-shoes or am a nice teen at heart. In real life I'm really Quiet and Shy, but Mischievous and Trouble Making little teen. I guess that means deep down, I'm not really a bad guy. I do love being feared and love killing bad guys in games (especially KotOR)

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...