Hail Lightside!

The Sith did not have an army when Sidious took over - he simply swindled the Republic's army, which included jedi, to turn against them. As for Revan, that's like saying the Sith would be stronger if they didn't do, well, Sithy things. Of course Malak betrayed Revan - he was supposed to as his apprentice. It's not like that's the first time it happened, or even the last. Evil always turns on itself. But I'd agree if you argued that's why the dark side will always lose.

He started killing off the Jedi after he took over the Republic, thus gaining an army. AS for Revan, I meant if Malak hadn't attacked him like a ***** with his ship, but had fought him 1 on 1.

And Revan (captured and reprogrammed by the jedi), Palpatine (killed by his apprentice), Plagueis (ditto), Naga Sadow (again, ditto). The list goes on and on. We don't know about Bane only because his story isn't finished yet. But no, the strong don't survive among the Sith - they are killed by the jedi or betrayed by their own who want their power or both.

Only (with the exception of Plagueis) once their apprentices were stronger. Plagueis died because his apprentice (whose name I shall not mention so as to not draw the fanboys' ire :lol:) was also a *****.

Based on what? The sith seem to be the one thing they are highly wary of and never underestimate.

Exactly my point- they only care about the Sith because the Sith are stronger.

Tell that to Palpatine or Borsk Fey'lya.

Neither of whom (especially Palpatine) were typical figures in the Republic government.

Wookieepedia tells a very different story with reference to Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakata#Post-Civil_War

This one I might have misinterpreted, but, in the book, it seemed to me like the Jedi didn't want the Rakata off their planet because they were DS users.

Actually, they only care about the Sith because.... quite frankly, they are the SITH lol. Thats like saying Cops care about criminals because criminals are stronger. The Military cares about terrorists because Terrorists are stronger. The Jedi only care about the Sith because they are the main force of evil in the galaxy, the true threat to stability and peace.

I dont understand what you mean, Military thinks terrorist are stronger???.... Stronger than who? Petty thiefs?

No I was basically saying the same thing you are saying.

Forgot who, said that the Jedi only care about the Sith because the Sith are stronger than the Jedi.

Ergh, I guess to sum it up I'm trying to say that the Jedi DON'T care about the Sith because they think they are stronger, but because they are SITH, and will sooner or later start some craziness.

Even if the Sith were the weak kids on the blcok the Jedi would still care about them because they wouldnt' want them starting any galactic conflicts.

Edited by Albion72

light side rules, even if you have to be dark to get there

Explain the meaning of your text? :D

You are saying LightSide rules (which is easy to interpret) but then you say "Even if you have to be dark to get there".

Are you saying that it rules even if a former DS user turns to the light or something?

light side rules, even if you have to be dark to get there

Explain the meaning of your text? :D

You are saying LightSide rules (which is easy to interpret) but then you say "Even if you have to be dark to get there".

Are you saying that it rules even if a former DS user turns to the light or something?

what im saying is its IMO its better to be light side even if you must do wrong to help even more, in other words doing things for the greater good. So i think that it is sweet doing a few bad things as long as something better will come of it. but yes even if a former DS user turns to the light and makes right what they have done wrong then continues to do good, it may still be better then not doing anything good or evil. :thumbsup:

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

But isnt that how some jedi slip to the dark side? By doing bad things because they thought it was right?

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

But isnt that how some jedi slip to the dark side? By doing bad things because they thought it was right?

yes, which is why there must be no emotion, only peace, and they don't say it must be peace with everyone(thats just implied :thumbsup: ), but there should be peace with yourself, and to have that there must be no ignorance, only knowledge, no passion, only serenity and as for no chaos only harmony, well then you wouldn't be able to do wrong for the greater good so IMO that is a flaw in the jedi code :down:

I can't recall any Jedi slipping from the LS to the DS by doing bad things they thought were right.

try Reven - he could have destroyed the republic, but he was doing it... how does Kriea say it? to mask another war? the war with the true sith. but he did not think he was doing right, he knew he had to do it to save the republic.

I can't recall any Jedi slipping from the LS to the DS by doing bad things they thought were right.

try Reven - he could have destroyed the republic, but he was doing it... how does Kriea say it? to mask another war? the war with the true sith. but he did not think he was doing right, he knew he had to do it to save the republic.

Given that Revan did fall the dark side and waged war on the Republic, he's not the best example, I think. And for one thing, Kreia is stating her opinion of what happened. She need not be wrong for that reason, but she is biased and her position subjective... and she is quite proud of having taught Revan, isn't she? Besides, while Revan may have returned to the LS (canonically), there is little so suggest he did so out of choice. "Suffice to say redemption was not Revan's choice, and I have never believed those of the Council who attempt to console themselves otherwise for the crime they committed," as Zez-Kai Ell puts it.

A similar example would be Atris, who thought that she did good by sacrificing others in an attempt to expose the sith so they could be stopped. But instead she was corrupted herself.

A better example is Luke Skywalker in the Dark Empire comic books. He needs to embrace the dark side to get close enough to the Emperor to destroy his cloning factility. He is redeemed, but he too wouldn't have made it back without the intervention of his sister.

I thought the intention of Lucas was to portray the dark side as stronger in the short-run, but weaker than the light side in the long-term.

Thats what I happen to believe, considering Palpatine had to clone himself in order to not have the Dark Side completely annihilate his body and that be the end of him. Lol.

Edited by Albion72

I thought the intention of Lucas was to portray the dark side as stronger in the short-run, but weaker than the light side in the long-term.

Thats what I happen to believe, considering Palpatine had to clone himself in order to not have the Dark Side completely annihilate his body and that be the end of him. Lol.

Whether that was the reason for the cloning is still uncertain. ROTS sees him disfigured due to the fight with Windu. It's true that he says in Dark Empire that his body does not well sustain his power in the dark side. It's also stated that he has died many times before, but I believe that was later retconned, so that he had never "died" before ROTJ. That would make sense, though, if we assume he used the technology of Kaminoans, who needed decades to clone Jango Fett.

Edited by Jediphile

Whether that was the reason for the cloning is still uncertain. ROTS sees him disfigured due to the fight with Windu. It's true that he says in Dark Empire that his body does not well sustain his power in the dark side. It's also stated that he has died many times before, but I believe that was later retconned, so that he had never "died" before ROTJ. That would make sense, though, if we assume he used the technology of Kaminoans, who needed decades to clone Jango Fett.

According to what I read on wookieepedia, Palpatine was so strong with the dark side that he was granted great power at the cost of a rapidly decaying body. His clones fixed this making his one flaw not so flaw-like. Besides the fact that as a new clone he would have to re-learn a few things but it didn't take that long.

According to what I read on wookieepedia, Palpatine was so strong with the dark side that he was granted great power at the cost of a rapidly decaying body. His clones fixed this making his one flaw not so flaw-like. Besides the fact that as a new clone he would have to re-learn a few things but it didn't take that long.

Except Palpatine's cloning method is not quite like that. You'd think that an newly activated clone has only the experience and skills of the original at the time he "copied" himself. But it's not so in Palpatine's case, because he can transfer his lifeforce through the force and enter a new clone-body even lightyears away. That's how he can remember Luke's fight with Vader on Death Star II despite being killed there. It's also why it is a real threat, when he threatens Leia to enter and possess the body of her unborn child (Anakin Solo) in "Empire's End".

• 2 weeks later...

Except Palpatine's cloning method is not quite like that. You'd think that an newly activated clone has only the experience and skills of the original at the time he "copied" himself. But it's not so in Palpatine's case, because he can transfer his lifeforce through the force and enter a new clone-body even lightyears away. That's how he can remember Luke's fight with Vader on Death Star II despite being killed there. It's also why it is a real threat, when he threatens Leia to enter and possess the body of her unborn child (Anakin Solo) in "Empire's End".

I'm just telling you what I read off wookieepedia. It says something a long the lines of, "As soon as Palpatine entered a new clone he'd be a little weaker than he was before being forced to go to a clone, and by the time he gets really really god like powerful hsi body decays, causing him to go to another clone.. lol.

Then his former guardians fake another one after his clones are depleted.... Haha that was pretty funny, good read though. Everyone should read the book series starring Jaina and Jaced Solo.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

• 2 months later...

I found it all pretty far-fetched. I kind of prefer the sort of Star Wars universe where after ROTJ Palpatine is dead, period.

But that's only one of the very many reasons why I no longer pay attention to the supposedly "canon" developments because they read like fanfic to me anyway, no matter how many stamps of approval Lucas puts on them.

EDIT: I can't type.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

• 2 weeks later...
I found it all pretty far-fetched. I kind of prefer the sort of Star Wars universe where after ROTJ Palpatine is dead, period.

The Emperor did not live much beyond ROTJ in the expanded universe, though. He came back in the six-issue Dark Empire arc, then returned in the next six-issue Dark Empire II and then finally expired completely in the two-issue Empire's End. So all in all he lived fourteen issues beyond ROTJ.

Some of the Expanded Universe is great, though, particularly the two KOTOR games! :grin:

And the KotOR comic book with Zayne Carrick, which is really reaching its climax at the moment.

The Emperor did not live much beyond ROTJ in the expanded universe, though. He came back in the six-issue Dark Empire arc, then returned in the next six-issue Dark Empire II and then finally expired completely in the two-issue Empire's End. So all in all he lived fourteen issues beyond ROTJ.

Some of the Expanded Universe is great, though, particularly the two KOTOR games! :)

And the KotOR comic book with Zayne Carrick, which is really reaching its climax at the moment.

I can't find a comic store here :). I want to read'em, but no one has'em. Sad.