Never found HK droid vocabulator

Hi All, just got on the ravager and I still don't have all the pieces for the HK droid on the ebon hawk. The one piece I'm missing is the vocabulator which i somehow never found on NarShadda. Kodin had a HK droid processor (which I already had and installed). The merchant on Dantooine had an HK control cluster, which again I already had and installed.

Any ideas on what I can do at this point? Korriban was my last planet and I found nothing there.

Edited by russr

Oh that bites, because it means you forgot to search the HK-50 unit you killed back on Peragus. You see, that's the piece of HK you get, and since it's back on Peragus, it means you now can't get it, seeing as how the place is now blown to kingdom come (or more to the point, the game won't let you back there).

The second piece is the control cluster, which you find on the plateau at the north pole of Telos after you destroy the HK units there and then enter Atris' secret hideout. However, you can also buy it from Akkere the sullustan droid merchant on Dantooine.

The third piece is the droid processor, which you can buy from Kodin the aqualish droid merchant on Nar Shaddaa, while the fourth piece is the chassis, which only T3 can get after destroying the HK units confronting him in Vogga's warehouse.

So yeah, unless you want to start the game over or return to a save from way back on Peragus (if you have one), there is no choice but to use KSE if you want HK-47 activated.

Oh that bites, because it means you forgot to search the HK-50 unit you killed back on Peragus. You see, that's the piece of HK you get, and since it's back on Peragus, it means you now can't get it, seeing as how the place is now blown to kingdom come (or more to the point, the game won't let you back there).

The second piece is the control cluster, which you find on the plateau at the north pole of Telos after you destroy the HK units there and then enter Atris' secret hideout. However, you can also buy it from Akkere the sullustan droid merchant on Dantooine.

The third piece is the droid processor, which you can buy from Kodin the aqualish droid merchant on Nar Shaddaa, while the fourth piece is the chassis, which only T3 can get after destroying the HK units confronting him in Vogga's warehouse.

So yeah, unless you want to start the game over or return to a save from way back on Peragus (if you have one), there is no choice but to use KSE if you want HK-47 activated.

Actually I looted the HK-50 unit on peragus and he gave me an HK piece but it was not the vocabulator, it was the droid processor. All the other places gave me what you said, but obviously they were redundant because I ended up getting the droid processor and control cluster twice.

Edited by russr

First, if you don't already know it, you find the KSE here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#Kotor

Then install it (unzip) and run the program. It'll find your savegames (for both KotOR and TSL). You'll have to identify the correct save yourself, either by unique name you gave the file (recommended) or by location or both. Making changes after that is pretty simple and self-explanatory. It shouldn't cause you confusion - the most difficult part is really looking through the huge lists of items in the game and finding the right one. Choose any stuff you want and hit 'apply' in the end to save the modifications to your savegame, then restart the game and reload.

I recommend making a backup of your savegame or saving in more than one point first. I've never had KSE foul up a savegame for me, but I've heard it happen for some people, and you don't want to become part of that minority.

Will I miss out on a lot if I don't bother with the HK? I'm already on the ravager and even if I gave myself the vocabulator, I cannot return to the Ebon Hawk at the moment.

Did the HK have any part to play on any of the other planets? I'm guesing he can't be built until you've visisted all but Korriban anyway right?

Depending on which order you visit the planets... or your main goal is to get him working, you can have HK for all of the planets sans Nar Shadaa. And he is interesting... but since you're already at teh Ravager, you might as well just save him for another playthrough.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

Will I miss out on a lot if I don't bother with the HK? I'm already on the ravager and even if I gave myself the vocabulator, I cannot return to the Ebon Hawk at the moment.

Did the HK have any part to play on any of the other planets? I'm guesing he can't be built until you've visisted all but Korriban anyway right?

At this point no. In fact, if you're on the Ravager, you won't even get to see him, let alone get him in the party for the remainder of the game, so you really shouldn't worry about it now. Just remember it for the next playthrough.

HK-47 is not important to the plot at any point I recall as such (though that is mostly due to all the cut content of TSL). That said, you can learn a lot from him, particularly about Revan, though naturally that requires you build influence with him, and since he is such an evil entity, that means taking DS points. I built influence though I played LS, though. And he has some wonderful cutscenes with T3 and G0T0.

As mentioned, you get two parts of him before you leave Telos and can get the last two on Nar Shaddaa. That means that if you go to Nar Shaddaa after leaving Telos (as I always do for exactly the following reason), you can repair HK-47 and get him in the group by the time you finish the planet and so have him active on Dantooine, Korriban, and Onderon/Dxun.

I must say though, that earniner influence with HK is well worth it. HK has some very interesting/hilarious conversations, and comes to some very... unexpected conclusions.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I must say though, that earniner influence with HK is well worth it. HK has some very interesting/hilarious conversations, and comes to some very... unexpected conclusions.

Agreed. Oh, and don't forget the pacifist "upgrade" :lol:

I had a saved game from Korriban just after the confrontation with Sion. I gave myself the vocabulator and then installed it in him. Of course it means I have to do the cave on Korriban again, along with the dantooine enclave, the bit on handmaiden with Atris and then the last bit on Citadel station before entering the ravager.

Agreed. Oh, and don't forget the pacifist "upgrade" :)

I had a saved game from Korriban just after the confrontation with Sion. I gave myself the vocabulator and then installed it in him. Of course it means I have to do the cave on Korriban again, along with the dantooine enclave, the bit on handmaiden with Atris and then the last bit on Citadel station before entering the ravager.

I'd still recommend you finish your current game and then play again to experience HK, because at this point you'll have missed the vast majority of chances to increase influence HK and listen to his comments in various situations. You could still use KSE to up influence with him to get the conversations with him, I suppose, but you'd still miss out on a lot.

Indeed. He has plenty to say for influence specific situations, plus the actual path to unlocking his secrets is great entertainment in its own right. I'd recommend not KSE'ing up the influence, and instead, just waiting for next game.

All the pieces are fairly easy to aquire you just need to use some logical reasoning next time you play through. Some of HK-47's dialogue is worth replaying the game to hear.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I quiet like HK, he's got some funny dialog, as well as stories to tell you, plus he's a pretty good droid to have around, when equiped properly. It might sound a bit silly, but occasionally I'll give myself all the required droid parts from the get-go and use him from Telos-onwards. Definitely a better NPC than Atton early on, I find. I don't think it messes up the game in any real way.

HK can be effective if you use non-jedis because he will be immune to a host of force powers. There are some pretty sweet upgrades for the droids too, that can greatly enhance HK and along with some careful leveling up and a good blaster, can prove to be an effective killing machine.

More than anything though, you can't beat his cynicism.