When are ya'll hiring for QA?

Aurora

Wait....you can get PAID to play games?!! :D Where the hell do I sign up gawdammit!!! :)

The last words of many an unwitting Q&A person.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I don't know if anyone has said this because this thread a several months old now, but I think Lucasarts is handling the QA for KotOR 2. I don't think Obsidian is big enough to have it's own QA department yet.

I don't know if anyone has said this because this thread a several months old now, but I think Lucasarts is handling the QA for KotOR 2. I don't think Obsidian is big enough to have it's own QA department yet.

That's why I mentioned LucasArt's playtesters. If you want to playtest KoTOR:TSL, you'd have to move to Marin County (where it is quite expensive to live) and work for peanuts.

I don't know if anyone has said this because this thread a several months old now, but I think Lucasarts is handling the QA for KotOR 2.  I don't think Obsidian is big enough to have it's own QA department yet.

That's why I mentioned LucasArt's playtesters. If you want to playtest KoTOR:TSL, you'd have to move to Marin County (where it is quite expensive to live) and work for peanuts.

Our QA is being handled at Lucas Arts. And as of last week we also have 5 people on site at our office provided by Lucas arts for QAing purposes. ;)

-Akari

I want a QA job with Atari - I can't think of anything better than being paid to sit on my butt all day and do absolutely nothing. B)

I might have trouble getting another job in the industry though if anyone sees TOEE or Driver 3 on my resume. :lol:

I imagine doing Q&A work is slightly different from the way you'd normally play a game. Perhaps you save your game every opportunity you can, and then from each save, try every option and branch that you can.

QA (no &) testing usually doesn't have much in common with actually playing a game. Even when playtesting you are often focusing on a particular area, class, race or skill inside the game. The job varies from company to company, with some placing more emphasis on checklists and others on playtesting.

I really think some internal Obsidian testers who didn't work for Lucasarts would contribute to the project. I say that entirely out of self-interest and ambition. Can you *really* trust 'em? They work for the Man.

I imagine doing Q&A work is slightly different from the way you'd normally play a game.  Perhaps you save your game every opportunity you can, and then from each save, try every option and branch that you can.

QA (no &) testing usually doesn't have much in common with actually playing a game. Even when playtesting you are often focusing on a particular area, class, race or skill inside the game. The job varies from company to company, with some placing more emphasis on checklists and others on playtesting.

I really think some internal Obsidian testers who didn't work for Lucasarts would contribute to the project. I say that entirely out of self-interest and ambition. Can you *really* trust 'em? They work for the Man.

*ssshh* Not so loud! They have agents eveywhere! :)

:)

"The Man" pays the bills...

SiO2

OMG I JUST GOT YOUR EMAIL!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thanks for hiring me Obsidian! I'm sure I'll do a great job QA'ing for you guys! Thanks for the compliment on my resume, it's my first.

:: runs from Aurora ::

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.