When are ya'll hiring for QA?

Aurora

^-- Oh, yeah? I think they're just out to get me.

But then, I think that about everyone. 'Cause it's true, it is.

C'mon, guys, two willing UCR students! Eldar even has work experience of some sort in some field or the other, 'cause he's all old and stuff.

if they were out to get you, wouldn't you have a job?? :(

The other thing I would say is if you are serious, then keep checking the jobs board, because I'm sure they will post there.

Dammit, even Vol's scoring points off me.  Maybe I am getting old.  :(

Aww. I'd give :hugs: but this is barren, :hug:less wasteland.

Mags - in all seriousness, I don't really expect them to be hiring any time soon, but it would be nice to know if they had a rough estimate about when, or if they'll be hiring at all, etc. Off to the exciting world of food service for me!

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Dammit, even Vol's scoring points off me. Maybe I am getting old. :(

...hehehe...sneaks up on us, eh, lad...dunna let these diaper-wearin' snot-noses git ya down...a bigger number jus' means we be battle-hardened... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

hey Eldar,your still a youngin im my book if that helps :]

Hugs from Aurora and sympathy from you. Now I'm a happy Eldar. :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...hehehe...sneaks up on us, eh, lad...dunna let these diaper-wearin' snot-noses git ya down...a bigger number jus' means we be battle-hardened... :p

Now this one really did make me laugh. heh heh heh. Poor Vol. He'll come back for revenge, you know?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I knew that it must mean something... thanks for letting us know what. :D

I like doing the QA part, though sometimes it gets rather boring... but it is still a good way to get your foot in the door, especially if you have skills which can transfer elsewhere.

Am I willing to move? HELL FREAKING YES!

I have no reason to stay where I am at and I am planning on moving out of Iowa once my lease ends on July 31 regardless I get a job somewhere else or not. I have lived in this state 8 years and its time to do something else.

Of course I'm willing to me as well, but preferably for a programming job, as thats what the degree will say on it. But really there's nothing to stop me from moving. If I can get a good paying job that I like, I'm more than willing to go there to do it. It's a hell of a lot better than doing a job I hate and staying in an area that really has no impact on me either way.

I wouldn't mind doing the QA thing. I would love to play games and tear them apart for bugs, plot inconsistancies, and make suggestions how to fix them.

I recently talked to a guy who QA:s for Starbreeze Studios (they made Enclave) and DAMN, that guy is something special! He was playtesting Starbreeze's new Xbox game and he could complete the damn thing in around 20 minutes (rough estimation)! If you've ever seen that insane movie floating around on the internet of that guy who plays through Quake 2 in 12 minutes, THAT's how it looked. Unbelievable. Not only that, he had all these journals (well organized too) filled with notes and bugs and fixes and suggestions and what not. If there's an error in a game, he will find it.

I've done som QA myself, but it was on a voluntary basis (Endless Ages/There/some others). I don't think I've got what it takes to be a QA professional after watching that guy at work though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Suffer people,

I'm retired...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Suffer people,

I'm retired...

...hehehe...I's willin' ta be dollars ta donuts that ye'd git unretired real quick if'n ya was asked ta QA "Jeffy" or "Van Buren", eh ol' dwarf?!?!...hehehe...jus' think o' it, lad; Josh's dream DnD game would be yers first...hehehe... :)

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

but are you willing to move just for a job? (or are you close enough that you wouldn't need to?)

I moved for my current job. After close to two month of unemployment, I was ready to take a job weilding a staple gun at a mobile home plant.

• 2 months later...