music torture

Walsingham

I've just signed up for a 'certain' subscription music service*. It's quite fun. BUt Im running out of ideas to listen to. So I thought, "why not get the Obs-monkeys to nominate tunes for me to listen to?"

Then I thought: "They'll never go for it. It's not evil enough."

So I'm selling it on the grounds that you bastards give me 5 tunes that are awful each day. I listen to them. Pain ensues. It'll be like MST3K, but without the humour and robots.

Only one nomination per person per day. First come first served, so to speak.

*I'm not going to endorse it because a) it's cheesy, and b) I don't know how it compares with anything else.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hahaha, easy one

The Starship - We Built This City

Half-officially worst song that was sometime popular ever

Listening now. It's like... well... it's bloody awful.

"Marconi plays the mamba"? I mean what does that even mean? A mamba is a kind of snake. I can only assume that it's a metaphor for how bad this song is.

BTW, anyone who double nominates a song I've already heard through this thread forfeits their go.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So I can nominate any song? And you'll listen to it?

If I can find it on the service.

-Elwood Blues

anything from skinny puppy.

taks

Lazy! Nominate!

Ulver - actually fine. My only problem is the recording quality, which turns the whole thing into less of an aural assault, and more like listening to someone else's headphones on the bus.

-Elwood Blues

Joe & Eddie - What's that I Hear?

It should be noted that I adore Joe & Eddie, but I'm probably one of the few under 50's who've ever heard of them...

Edited by qt3.14159

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

It should be noted that I adore Joe & Eddie, but I'm probably one of the few under 50's who've ever heard of them...

See, now that's what I call torture!

It's like a made to measure fething mobile-phone ad soundtrack. I can just see some whimsically bleach-lit montage of a man kicking a penguin down the steps of the Vatican.

-Elwood Blues

See, now that's what I call torture!

It's like a made to measure fething mobile-phone ad soundtrack. I can just see some whimsically bleach-lit montage of a man kicking a penguin down the steps of the Vatican.

Wow... I never thought of it that way... it's an African American folk song about escape from slavery.... but mobile phones work too, I guess... ;)

holy **** ;)

You haven't been in here ages

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

fergie - my hump

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That song makes me want to kill babies.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Go listen to Aqua - I'm a Barbie Girl for some mindblowing, mental numbness :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm listening to these later today. Need sleep now.

Xard's sig dances almost exactly in time with Toots and the Maytals 'Louie Louie'.

...Wot, no ska?

-Elwood Blues

Newsong:

I actually found myself weeping with pain when the children's chorus kicked in. Totally unplanned. It was just so unbelievably wrong. Everyone involved in this video should be strapped to a pallet and airlifted to Mogadishu as a means of giving the warring factions common cause.

-Elwood Blues

A friend at uni was a mad Take That fan. A Million Love Songs is still the soundtrack to my nightmares, so that's my recommendation.

Unless you can get Thatcher reading the Gettysburg address, of course. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Chihuahua - Light and catchy. Vacuous, but not actually bad. Rather like eating Wagon Wheels.

A Million Love Songs - You know how some things are quite good when you revisit them as an older chap? This isn't one of them. I knew TT were bad as a kid. They're just excruciating now.

-Elwood Blues

Do I get another chance to torture you yet? If so, Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

:shifty:

Edited by qt3.14159

Do I get another chance to torture you yet? If so, Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

:shifty:

Son. Of. A . Bitch.

-Elwood Blues