A question about Kotor II System Requirements

Perhaps I'm being stupid for asking this, so please forgive me.

If you look on the back of the PC game box, you will see under "Graphic Card", it says this:

32MB OpenGL 1.4 Compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lightning (T&L) Capability required. ATI Radeon 9200 or NVIDIA GeoForce4 Ti or better recommended.

My question is this. How in the world do I check my computer to see if I have this or not? Or does this fall under the list of Video Chipsets the game lists?

Thanks.

Perhaps I'm being stupid for asking this, so please forgive me.

If you look on the back of the PC game box, you will see under "Graphic Card", it says this:

32MB OpenGL 1.4 Compliant AGP or PCX 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lightning (T&L) Capability required. ATI Radeon 9200 or NVIDIA GeoForce4 Ti or better recommended.

My question is this. How in the world do I check my computer to see if I have this or not? Or does this fall under the list of Video Chipsets the game lists?

Thanks.

when you install the game, it does a scan and this is one of the things it checks.

You can go into the Start Menu --> Run --> dxdiag

That stands for dxdiagnostic.

Give it a few minutes to load up the information, it will contain all information about your computer. (Your amount of RAM, your video card, your processor speed, etc). Just remember to flip through the tabs.

Chances are that if you bought your computer in the last couple years it should run no problem. I'm running on a year-old Dell Laptop with a horrible Intel Graphics Card and apart from say not having shinny armours, it runs fine. Mind you, the game is notoriously buggy.

i sincerely disagree with that post

my comp is 2008 hp a6300f, intel pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHZ, 1917 MB Ram, 32 bit OS, GEforce 7100

and it runs at maybe 5-8 fps, 10-15 on movies

My laptop is a Centrino Duo at 1.9 or something, 1GB ram, a 128 MB (onboard) ultra-basic Intel graphics card, with WinXP Pro and the game is totally fluid. Every time I launch it, I am however informed that my graphics card is inadequate, but apart from the sith armours not being silver/reflective (they are white, like stormtroopers or clonetroopers) and no blur effect in force push and running (no real loss imho), I have no performance issues and run it at top graphics/audio quality and resolution. As I said however; the game is notoriously buggy, so maybe I'm extremely lucky.

Edited by refuse

i sincerely disagree with that post

my comp is 2008 hp a6300f, intel pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00 GHZ, 1917 MB Ram, 32 bit OS, GEforce 7100

and it runs at maybe 5-8 fps, 10-15 on movies

Yes its Nvidia GeForce which I think has more compatibillty with KOTOR 2.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan