HELP BLACK SCREEN AT TELOS ACADEMY

Ok i have a problem. i am at the telos secret academy. this first problem i have is that Bao-Dur is not even in the academy he is no where. both atton and kreia both stand next to the dueling mat where you fight the handmaidens niether will respond if you click on them, at the bottom right hand side it says i have no one in my party, i have tried adding people but it says i can't switch at this time. When i try to get on the ebon hawk to leave, it shows the 2 cutscenes but the the screen is all black except for the cursor which you can see, and you can hit escape to get to the menu and the entire menu is functional. please don't suggest starting the game from outside the academy cause i don't have a saved game before the academy please any help would be greatly appreciated

This is a known bug. I've never encountered it myself, which may be because it appears to emerge with one of the patches for the game, and I never bothered to patch TSL. Reverting to an earlier save may be the only solution. At the very least the game should have made an auto-save for you. Still sucks, of course, but for games like this one, you should save often AND in different slots. It's true for all games like this, and TSL is no exception.

Alternatively you might use the KotOR savegame editor to "reset" your position and missions, but I'd be careful messing around with that stuff myself. While I do use KSE, I do so lightly.

This is a known bug. I've never encountered it myself, which may be because it appears to emerge with one of the patches for the game, and I never bothered to patch TSL. Reverting to an earlier save may be the only solution. At the very least the game should have made an auto-save for you. Still sucks, of course, but for games like this one, you should save often AND in different slots. It's true for all games like this, and TSL is no exception.

Alternatively you might use the KotOR savegame editor to "reset" your position and missions, but I'd be careful messing around with that stuff myself. While I do use KSE, I do so lightly.

yeah in my game both baodur and atton are always invisible, however i've never had a black screen come up.

i got out of the academy but atton and kriea continue to be silent any suggestions?

I recommend that you first save your game on a new slot, then reload it with that new slot and see if it works. If not, you're probably going to have to start playing on one of your previous games, and if you don't have any previous games you are screwed and are going to have to start all over.

The same thing happened to me twice.

Always knowing the answer doesn't make you smart, but being able to discover the answer does.