Geforce GTX 280

Bokishi

They aren't dual, so the Ram is available in its entiety. If it's just the RAM that matters, why not getting a much cheaper less power hungry card with 1 GB? Or does speed matter as well? (I.e. is your CG stuff processed by the card or the CPU?)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The speed is for my games, the extra RAM is for running extremely un-optimized game builds which tend to put a crapload of stuff into the memory. And also, whatever-gen games like crysis really do use obnoxious amounts of video ram.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hey Bok, maybe you should start buying pre-made PC's after all:

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=11855

Specifications

OS

Microsoft Vista Ultimate

CPU

Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 (Overclockable up to 4.0GHz)

Chipset

NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI

Memory

Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz up to 8G

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 3-Way SLI

HDD

Up to 4TB

ODD

Blu-ray DVD

LAN

2 x LAN 10/100/1000

Power Supply

2 Kilowatts (Dual Power)

AccessoryGaming Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Headset

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Specifications

OS

Microsoft Vista Ultimate

CPU

Chipset

Memory

Graphics

HDD

Up to 4TB

ODD

Blu-ray DVD

LAN

2 x LAN 10/100/1000

Power Supply

2 Kilowatts (Dual Power)

*drool*

Specifications

OS

Microsoft Vista Ultimate

CPU

Chipset

Memory

Graphics

HDD

Up to 4TB

ODD

Blu-ray DVD

LAN

2 x LAN 10/100/1000

Power Supply

2 Kilowatts (Dual Power)

Holy ****.

Everything is dual now :lol: You also get two mice and keyboards, each with twice as many buttons. The money you pay for it must show :shifty:

Oh, and the 4870 is out, and gives the 260 a run for the money.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Hoping not to sound too dense here but why would you need you need two NIC's?

I actually have two network cards on my current computer. One is used to connect to the internet, the other is used to connect to my home network and (at least theoretically, it only works very sporadically) share the internet connection downhill. I do it this way instead of using a router because the router I do have (which is hooked up downstream) has such crappy throughput. My 100Mb connection gets turned into 2Mb more or less.

So I'd welcome a computer with two built in NICs. There's also the question of redundancy. If one breaks (and that does happen) you'll still have one left.

I have two built-in NIC's too on my motherboard (Abit Max.. something).

By the way, they released the 4870 specs to the Swedish retailers today too! It'll give the 260 a run for its money and in Sweden it'll cost around 2500SEK. The 260 goes for 3400SEK. Guess which one I'll be buying? :rolleyes:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have two built-in NIC's too on my motherboard (Abit Max.. something).

By the way, they released the 4870 specs to the Swedish retailers today too! It'll give the 260 a run for its money and in Sweden it'll cost around 2500SEK. The 260 goes for 3400SEK. Guess which one I'll be buying? :*

I've been drooling over the Sapphire 4870 with GDDR5 Ram for a few days now :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nvidia better dump those prices pronto, or they'll take a beating. I would personally never put a 300gigawatt beast that goes to 90C under full load, in my computer but alot of other people would.

...thats 200 fahrenheit, for you non-metric people

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Nvidia better dump those prices pronto, or they'll take a beating. I would personally never put a 300gigawatt beast that goes to 90C under full load, in my computer but alot of other people would.

...thats 200 fahrenheit, for you non-metric people

My cards tend to reach 95C during hot days while playing Crysis, I blame Tri-SLI for that! I still don't care though since they are designed to throttle back at 110C

My two 7800's idles at 45C and goes up to 60-something at full load. I would hit the panic button if they were ever to reach 80. Consumer electronics are not meant to run that hot, and it severely decreases their lifespan.