Planescape Torment mods!!!

ramza

Over at IE Modding Community Spellhold Studios we've just released 3 new mods for Planescape: Torment; a WeiDU PS:T Fixpack, PS:T Unfinished Business and Qwinn's PS:T Tweaks. These are some of the most exciting mods for PS:T since the release of the original restoration pack and Platter's Fixpack, and we would like to spread the word as much as we can.

The Planescape: Torment Fixpack is a comprehensive WeiDU Fixpack for Black Isle's classic Planescape: Torment CRPG. Fixing literally hundreds of bugs and thousands of typos, thereby restoring a lot of lost and inactive content, the PS:T Fixpack (along with PS:T Unfinished Business and Qwinn's PS:T Tweak Pack) provides a completely new Planescape: Torment experience! Click here for a list of the most important fixes, as well as further information on the mod itself.

Planescape: Torment Unfinished Business takes the almost-but-not-quite-finished content that shipped with Black Isle's classic Planescape: Torment CRPG and polishes, bugfixes and finishes it so you can see and enjoy the new content in your game! With 13 components in the first release, this mod is a must-have for anyone interested in seeing what the developers didn't get time to do--or even if you're just looking for some new content! Click here for information on each of the components and further information on the mod itself.

Qwinn's Planescape: Torment Tweaks adds a few ease-of-use tweaks to your Planescape: Torment install, as well as one or two must-have components! Including a banter accelerator, ease-of-use tweaks and several content changes, this is an extremely useful mod for any player. Click here for information on each of the compenents and further information on the mod itself.

You probably want to get to downloading them. To do so, head over to Spellhold Studios.

Links:

http://www.sorcerers.net/

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom...&showcat=14

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

On tweakpack - personally not interested in anything except Banter Accelerator, but Unifinshed Business is very, very welcome.

I was going to replay BG2 with a TC mod, but maybe it's Torment time instead.

I downloaded the mods (fixes and unfinished stuff, not the tweak thing) and resumed an old saved game. Not sure if it works "retro-actively" though. No idea where the hooks for the new quests are either :)

Still, it's been a long time since I enjoyed playing PS:T. Strolling through the catacombs looking for the source of the disturbance (for the Dustman, Norojch or whatever his name is), I took the time to admire the artwork and the attention to detail that must have gone into it. Right down to the death animations of the skeletons when they fall apart. There is something special about the almost gothic scifi atmosphere of the catacombs. Same thing goes for the dead/drowned nations. I am a sucker for that grungy stuff in PS:T

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tempting. It's been so long since I played Torment. Thought I can't manage to finish any other IE games these days maybe I would be able to get through Torment.

But I can't play any game at that resolution anymore, so does the Widescreen mod work with Torment? (I know it says Torment is supported, I'm more wondering if anyone has had any hands on experience with it)

I'm mainly interested in playing the game in my screens native 1280x1024 if possible, but I guess 1024x768 would do in a pinch.

• 11 months later...

Hey does anyone know how the edit the games textures?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Crazy. I am in awed admiration of your efforts, sir. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, if you're going to read something annually, the Brothers Karamazov is a good choice! I'll get this and try to dig up my old game disks.

hehe, yeah. of course. but my point was it can be equally as daunting as it is rewarding. anyway, it's been quite awhile and i was planning on giving PS:T another run-through anyway. this is just a great excuse to actually do it now.

also:

"If you do not attain happiness, always remember that you are on the right road, and try not to leave it. Above all, avoid falsehood, every kind of falsehood, especially falseness to yourself. Watch over your own deceitfulness and look into it every hour, every minute. Avoid being scornful, both to others and to yourself. What seems to you bad within you will grow purer from the very fact of your observing it in yourself. Avoid fear, too, though fear is only the consequence of every sort of falsehood. Never be frightened at your own faint-heartedness in attaining love. Don't be frightened overmuch even at your evil actions. I am sorry I can say nothing more consoling to you, for love in action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared with love in dreams."

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

That's truly uncanny. Great quote. When I get the chance, I'll have to find my copy. It's buried in the stacks somewhere. I wish I had it now so I could quote Zosima's response to Ivan telling him he has a heart made for deep thoughts. I can't remember the exact wording now. I also think Ivan makes the best argument against religion, and faith in general, of just about any literary character. I guess I'm getting off topic, but it's great to meet a fellow Dostoyevsky fan.

Now I'm absolutely determined to find my PS:T disks. It's been too long and it is, after all, my favorite.

There is also GhostDog's Planescape: Torment UI mod v1.0. It allows you to run the game in different resolutions. Even 1280 x 800.

Just see the thread for screen shots. Very nice mod.

And I'll second Quinn's Fixpack Mod. You can FINALLY get Dak'kon's fully upgraded Zerth Blade. As long as you are not a bastage to him. And a ton of other engine bugs. Awesome stuff.

Off Topic

"If you do not attain happiness, always remember that you are on the right road, and try not to leave it. Above all, avoid falsehood, every kind of falsehood, especially falseness to yourself. Watch over your own deceitfulness and look into it every hour, every minute. Avoid being scornful, both to others and to yourself. What seems to you bad within you will grow purer from the very fact of your observing it in yourself. Avoid fear, too, though fear is only the consequence of every sort of falsehood. Never be frightened at your own faint-heartedness in attaining love. Don't be frightened overmuch even at your evil actions. I am sorry I can say nothing more consoling to you, for love in action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared with love in dreams."

Is it the quote from the elder Zosima? I don't read it annually but used to read it time to time.

[Edit]Well, forget about it, Google found it. Guess my memory didn't fail me this time.

Edited by Wombat

What do you mean by textures?

Replace the texture's of the HUD, update font quality, improve the fog and this isn't a texture but I would like to add a scroll feature (which I have no clue how I'm going to do this).

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Replace the texture's of the HUD, update font quality, improve the fog and this isn't a texture but I would like to add a scroll feature (which I have no clue how I'm going to do this).

The resolution mod, linked on the last page changes the HUD around. For all your Infinity Engine modding needs, I would suggest Spellhold Studios

That resolution mod mentioned below is about all you'll be able to make do with the game. Any other "beauty or update enhancements" will either require a lot of work or some you can't do since its hard coded into the game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That resolution mod mentioned below is about all you'll be able to make do with the game. Any other "beauty or update enhancements" will either require a lot of work or some you can't do since its hard coded into the game.

What instead of replacing it, I just use an overlay?

Last time I replayed PT, my PC'd hang when it came to spell effects. Is there any fix for this?

Get a PC from a store instead of a museum?

Unfortunately, it seems to be the other way around. My fairly new (10 months) PC can run BG2 and IWD, but not BG and IWD2. Haven't tried PS:T yet. Seems like the oldest and newest IE games don't run on it. All of them runs smoothly on my "museum" computer :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Damn, just started playing System Shock 2 yesterday. I will speed through that and reinstall Torment. Haven't played in years.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."