KOTOR II on Xbox 360 - Still any bug fixes?

There are absolutely horrendous bugs with Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords. There are random audio bugs (Sounds like a speaker broke and is trying to play some hard metal, it happens periodically for short times and makes my ears want to bleed. Another bug would be that sometimes you can't move, you just get stuck. You have to save and quit then reload to fix this. Another movement bug is that your character "skips". The game will freeze then SKIP like 80 ft forward, annoying if you are trying to enter a door and you keep skipping past it. Right now, I also have no combat audio. No combat music, sword noises, force noises, anything.).

If there is a way to fix this without me having to buy it for PC, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you!

Sounds like a speaker broke and is trying to play some hard metal, it happens periodically for short times and makes my ears want to bleed.

That sounds just like Metallica's St. Anger record! o:)

Anyway, joking aside, I don't think there are a lot of options for you, aside from looking for any available updates on Xbox Live or whatever.

Did you purchase your copy of the game for an original Xbox, and if so, did it perform better on that machine? I have heard that there are compatability issues with the Xbox 360, but as I haven't got one I can't be of any further assistance. One thing is for sure though: you won't be finding any fixes beyond the official ones and I can't see MS or Lucas supporting a game this old. It could be that your game disc has deteriorated from use. In any case, if nothing works on your 360, have a look on a couple different machines. That will should tell you if it's your actual game disc that's being problematic (if you find the same errors repeated), or possibly your machine.

• 1 month later...

hiya all,

its sad that my first post on this forum is reviving an old tread, but i kinda have the same problem :(

the telos fuel bug is rly annoying cause i want to see the movie and the diagloge when you end the LS path.

anyway you said patch it trow xbox live, so i made an account on xbox live and thats it? what do i need to do now? i once had from "theres a new update availabe" then i did that (i think a long time ago) but i still have that bug last time i checked and i rly want to finish it this time xD

tnx for any replies, i`ll be waiting ^^

Krediax

No

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. Anyone know how I can sign on to xbox live from an original xbox title?

EDIT: I'm not having so much instability that my copy is unplayable, it's just really annoying right now. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me where this patch is. I know there is a patch to make your 360 backwards compatible and I know I have that patch, otherwise I couldn't play TSL at all. I'm just wondering if there are any subsequent patches or if the patch all of you are all referring to is the backwards compatibility patch.

Edited by Master_Vrook

• 3 weeks later...

same prob as OP.

when you cant move, you can just talk to someone, or interact with something to allow you to move, but when standing in the middle of nowhere with noone around and nothing to interact with, you will have to save/continue.

yes, a really loud buzzing noise when there shouldnt be any noise at all.

and EXTREMELY patchy to the point where if you use any force powers it has a 7% chance of freezing.

one problem that happens to me is when it says:

l..please reconnect controller and..l

l.......press START to continue......l

l...............@ continue................l

l___________________________l

while my controllers completely plugged in, when i take the game out, the controller works. i just dont know

Edited by ghostrider655

• 2 months later...

Okay, playing KOTOR2 on an xbox 360...

As far as i know i've got all the patches and i still get the sound bug (though i stop noticing it after 5 hours or so), and occasionally there are some odds pauses in dialog, but nothing too bad.

HOWEVER, i just ran into a huge bug on Nar Shadda. In the bottom of the Jekk Jekk whatever, when the Ubese take down the Quarren, GoTo electrocutes the Exile, there should be a cutscene, but i awake next to the ventilation controls with no way out of the underground base. Both doors are magnetically sealed. I can walk around the base, but cant find anything to do. The first time, ran into the corpses of Hannarr and Kreia, and fought a couple injured Ubese, got stuck, gave up, reloaded game. Second time, Hannarr and Kreia lived, but did nothing, and was still trapped in the base. I dont have any saved games from before i entered the ventilation ducts, and i'd rather not have to start over after 14 hours of gameplay. ANyone familar with this prob?

Ahh, good ol' Odyssey. :( I'm afraid that reloading is the only option for you. Always use at least 5 save game slots when playing a game that is based on Aurora or any of its derivates.

20795.jpg