I've been out of the loop for awhile

So I haven't had a good gaming rig in over a year and a half and I just bought a pretty decent computer from a friend who needed the cash for a move (1.8 Core 2, 2GB Crucial Ballistix RAM, Superclocked 9600GT, 22" Samsung display).

I've already played through Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, HL2: Ep 2/Portal, and I've got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. waiting for me, but I know there were a lot of games that came out in the last year or so for PC that were really good, I need to make a list.

Last computer bit the dust right before NWN2 came out (that is on the list) for a little bit more of a concrete timeframe.

Things I think might be worth getting:

Crysis

NWN2 (there was an expansion for this too?)

The Witcher

Prey

Uh...

Help me out here.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Definetely recommend the expansion for NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer if you like RPGs. It's very good. There are also some good mods for that game out now if you're into that sort of thing. Harp & Crysanthemum, Dark Avenger (Chapter 2 just released), Asphyxia...

The Witcher is worth a shot, there is a demo (that is rather big for a demo as well) that you can try out.

Mass Effect just came out for the PC, so far (haven't played it that much yet) I don't think it's particularly great but definetely not bad either. Make sure you can stomach the copy protection stuff before you get this.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yo, Jim!

NWN 2's expansion. Mask of the Betrayer, definitely! It's a great crpg, and your rig is good enough to run its hog of an engine adequately. Then I'd like to add at least Bioshock, Sins of a Solar Empire and the Witcher. All are great titles.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mass effect deserves a play by any rpg fan.

Prey? your probably better of either renting or borrowing a friends. Short game that's rather shallow with vaginas tacked on the walls for kicks. I think theres going to be a Witcher enhanced edition coming out soon. the PC versions of Rainbow6 Vegas are good. Crysis is also a good place to put your money.

Holy CRAP!

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/444.html

80% decreased load times, increased english text, german redub, 50 new character models, 100 new animations for supporting characters, redoing of the UI, and a re doing of the facial and lip synchs.

also 2 new "advetures" (estimated time of five hours between the two), a mod editor...

heres a PDF with all the changes I think.

http://www.thewitcher.com/resources/upload...act%20sheet.pdf

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

MotB is masterpiece and NWN2 OC is fine enough with some great parts and some really bad ones so you should get those two

The Witcher too

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

NWN2 is boring, whilst MoTB is excellent. Bioshock and Witcher are very good games too, but Crysis is dull and Prey just shat.

NWN2 has its good moments and characters (like Neeshka), so if you have enuff cash just buy n try it too (plus the expansion, plus there will be another one released soon) :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

NWN2 is boring, whilst MoTB is excellent. Bioshock and Witcher are very good games too, but Crysis is dull and Prey just shat.

NWN2 has its good moments and characters (like Neeshka), so if you have enuff cash just buy n try it too (plus the expansion, plus there will be another one released soon) :lol:

How are you sure about a NX2? I thought Atatri is now pretty dead and wants to focus on casual game nonsense instead.

I suggest getting Mass Effect if your rig could run it.

Despite the storyline giving too much vibe of Bioware's KOTOR and save the world plot, it does provide good RP moments in the game and at times, forces you to make difficult decisions. Also like Neverwinter Nights 2, ME utilizes character background(You pick one out of 3) integrated into the plot and I feel its executed far more nicely than NWN2's with reference of your chosen background constantly being brought up in your interactions with other NPCs.

I'll simply quote MCA's blog regarding of ME:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?au...p;showentry=115

There's several moments in Mass Effect where I had to pause before making a choice because the game had done an excellent job of painting what the consequences of each action could be as I was making the choice. I don't want to give any spoilers unless you've played the game, but I had to struggle with some of the choices while making them, which makes them successful in my book.

In addition according to Bioware, Mass Effect 2 will accept character save import from ME1 with decisions made in the first game that will bring influence to the next second and third game in the ME trilogy.

In short, Mass Effect is a good game overall that Obsidian should take pointers from in their Alpha Protocol. Its been a while I played and completed a game three times consecutively due to its replay value.

Edited by Zoma

Ooh, I forgot about Bioshock.

Crysis looks shiny and I really enjoyed Far Cry. Prey is :10bux: at Fry's and I remember being interested in the wall walking mechanics back when it was cool.

Also I want Crysis so that I can really rape my new computer. So far everything I've put in I've been able to run with all settings maxxed out. I've been pretty happy with it, got it for about half what it was worth but dude who built it didn't really know what he was doing. CPU is crap and there should be more RAM. Also 380W PS whut?

Mass Effect is definitely on my buy list.

Do people here not play FPS and RTS games anymore because I remember there being people here who were interested in that sort of thing.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

why you didn't ask about RTS's >_<

I guess it's the same old DoW + expansion packs and Supreme Commander (if you can handle it)

Future holds mother****ing Red Alert 3 though :shifty:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

To be honest, I'm already tired and bored of FPS games. It seems so generic nowadays.

With my present FPS love dedicated to Team Fortress 2 at the present, I don't see any good FPS games within my radar's range for now as well as in the near future.

Do people here not play FPS and RTS games anymore because I remember there being people here who were interested in that sort of thing.

Company of Heroes. It has, as I mentioned in another thread, the best RTS mechanics to date.

DoW, as Xard mentioned, is very good and awesome, but obsolete since CoH is essentially DoW 2.0 minus the awesome universe.

Here are some games that you might like from the list of games that I've been keeping an eye on:

Universe at War: Earth Assault

Europa Universalis: Rome

Command & conquer 3

Culpa Innata

Future games that you might like:

Spore (you probably know about it but is very close to coming out) September 7, 2008 with the Creature creator seperately in June 17

Left 4 Dead (awesome Co-Op shooter from Valve) November 14 2008

Far Cry 2 October, 2008

Fallout 3 Q4 2008

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

The Witcher sucked. Don't waste your valuable time.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

NWN2 is good, especially love the expansion.

The Witcher is good, but supposed to be getting an enhanced version you may want to wait on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

why you didn't ask about RTS's :p

I guess it's the same old DoW + expansion packs and Supreme Commander (if you can handle it)

Future holds mother****ing Red Alert 3 though :)

It was an all encompassing question. I didn't ask about RPG PC games, I asked about PC games in general. Feel free to suggest anything from any genre, it's not like I'm Visc, I can kill werewolves just fine.

Have you played Hitman Blood Money yet? That game rocks seriously. I wasn't into the others but this one i thought is a solid game through and through. Beggining to ending. Especially the ending. One of the best ending seen.

I'm a huge fan of the Hitman games (and stealth games in general) and I played that one right before the old computer broke. It was awesome but I had to play it at really low settings back when I got it (I went from a 9600XT to the 9800GT I have now) so I've already started a new game of that. I'm through the first mission or so but then I got Orange Box and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and got distracted.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

NWN2 is good, especially love the expansion.

The Witcher is good, but supposed to be getting an enhanced version you may want to wait on.

points to previous post.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Oh, yeah. Getting Command and Conquer 3 with Kane's Wrath expansion is a good idea. The bundle can be found relatively cheap and it's quality steamrolling and rushing for a couple of dozen hours, so well worth the bucks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I fully recommend Overlord to everybody I can, even though not everybody likes it.

The demo was very decent. An interesting take on Dungeon Keeper and likely worth buying, judging by the reviews.

kirottu said:

If you like TBS, Civilization 4 (make sure to get Beyond the Sword) and Galactic Civilizations 2 (make sure to get Twilight of the Arnor).