KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

Heh heh, there just looking to higher some MMO experienced workers, which proves they have an upcoming MMO. + with all the information and rumors on a Kotor Online, just put the two together.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Why do I have a REALY bad feeling about this???

I just hope they`ve learned from SWG..

And HOPEFULLY, they will let us have a chance on SP as well as MMO, and not only MMO...

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

They obviously didn't learn form SWG, because they're making another MMO, and ruining KoTOR in the process.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I don't get why you're all so negative about something we have absolutely zero info on. Have a little faith here. Bioware has a tremendous track record, and despite some of your misgivings about MMOs they can be quite entertaining when handled properly. I don't know about you but I always find myself wishing I could continue my Exile's storyline beyond the end of K2. An MMO means you never "finish" a character. They live on as long as you want to keep playing them.

They obviously didn't learn form SWG, because they're making another MMO, and ruining KoTOR in the process.

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :)

62nzp7r.jpg

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :rolleyes:

SWG, like all MMOs, sucks. Yes, I know that Bioware is a great developer, they're one of my favorites, probably my actual favorite. I just hold no like/respect for the MMO genre, and I don't think that will change. And since when has EA been good at anything except sports games?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Translation: Now EA's bitch. Just wait and see :rolleyes:
That, like many of the comments here, is not entirely fair. BIO got to keep a lot of their creative freedom after the takeover, I think, and there's no reason to believe they'll go the way of Origin or Westwood.

And since when has EA been good at anything except sports games?
Lol...

You're probably too young to know some of the games in that list, but really, that's one quite clueless comment.

Edited by random n00b

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :rolleyes:

SWG, like all MMOs, sucks. Yes, I know that Bioware is a great developer, they're one of my favorites, probably my actual favorite. I just hold no like/respect for the MMO genre, and I don't think that will change. And since when has EA been good at anything except sports games?

I will agree that most MMORPG's suck.

However, MMOFPS is quite different, especially when that MMOFPS is PlanetSide.

But still. I want teh Kotor 3 SINGLEPLAYER!

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :p

I will agree that most MMORPG's suck.

However, MMOFPS is quite different, especially when that MMOFPS is PlanetSide.

But still. I want teh Kotor 3 SINGLEPLAYER!

Wait let me get this striaght

You want to throw the rpg overboard and make it a fps?

Even if it's an MMO that is even worse than an MMORPG.

KOTOR is a RPG to the bone and if they change that it's even worse than a MMORPG :rolleyes:

I can mention 1 EA failure.. HELLGATE:London..

They had singel with multiplayer capability.. Only problem is; REAL BUGGY..

Just a statement..

Annywho.. Back to the matter at hand..

I will keep an open mind when it comes to KotoR3.. Who knows?? Maby it will beat SWG to the ground and under..

And I kind of like the possibility of creating your own storyline when it comes to the whole republic/sith wars..

It would also be kinda cool to be a part of the great hyperspace wars, or the mandalorian wars.. Who knows? Maby they wil chip in some of that?

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

Translation: Now EA's bitch. Just wait and see :)
That, like many of the comments here, is not entirely fair. BIO got to keep a lot of their creative freedom after the takeover, I think, and there's no reason to believe they'll go the way of Origin or Westwood.

Lol...

You're probably too young to know some of the games in that list, but really, that's one quite clueless comment.

I didn't know EA published Populous

shame on me

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Translation: Now EA's bitch. Just wait and see :)

Lol...

I wasn't around/playing games yet for most of those, but I didn't know they published some of the later ones, like Rock Band (I don;t read boxes :p) :wub:.

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :bat:

Wow you should really stop while your ahead, you just re-posted what I accused you of, that is entirely your opinion. EA has created some of the greatest games of are time, and you really should look them up and play them before you post another comment making your self look even more ignorant.

62nzp7r.jpg

What would that have to do with anything? Really you have no idea what they have in store but still you sit here and critize. Its hilarious you think people care about your ramblings of how its going to be horrible. Bioware is an amazing company funded by EA they will deliver. Just wait and see :thumbsup:

Wow you should really stop while your ahead, you just re-posted what I accused you of, that is entirely your opinion. EA has created some of the greatest games of are time, and you really should look them up and play them before you post another comment making your self look even more ignorant.

Whether EA has created some of the greatest games around is also an opinion. You're welcome that opinion, but nobody has to share it with you. 'I want teh kotor 3' may speak strongly from opinion, but personally I see nothing particularly wrong with that, as long as he does not try to assert those opinions as fact, which does not seem to be the case to me.

To say that all MMOs suck, for example, is still just a statement of opinion, as is saying EA has only released good sports games. You may not agree with that, and in fact I consider Populous and SimCity fairly significant games myself (to name two), but that still doesn't invalidate the opinion that it is so. Frankly, while EA was a good publisher a decade ago, I can't remember liking anything they've published since (no, the Sims didn't appeal to me either).

By all means disagree and argue, but please don't fall into the trap of assuming things about the poster on that basis, as that tends to lead nowhere positive in my experience. Yes, I know that's easy to do.

To say that all MMOs suck, for example, is still just a statement of opinion, as is saying EA has only released good sports games. You may not agree with that, and in fact I consider Populous and SimCity fairly significant games myself (to name two), but that still doesn't invalidate the opinion that it is so. Frankly, while EA was a good publisher a decade ago, I can't remember liking anything they've published since (no, the Sims didn't appeal to me either).
Yes, taking refuge behind "but it's my opinion!", is always a good defense when making statements that cannot be formally (as in, with mathematical rigour) disproven, but that are otherwise... unsound.

However, some opinions do have more worth than others based simply on things like how well informed its author is, and what is commonly regarded as truth, as well as what objective reality one is referring to (as opposed to the subjective terms in which "opionions" are usually expressed).

Saying that EA is only good for sports games is as close to being an objectively wrong statement as it can get, simply by analysing the games published by EA, and the quality of the games it competes directly with. You may not like The Sims (I hate it myself), but it's an excellent, innovative game. The Battlefield series is also great. I haven't played the MoH series, but it's another critically acclaimed franchise, etc.

It's possible to argue that everyone is wrong and that one's own opinion is the one that counts, and that has some merit. But having radically divergent opinions, by itself and regardless of one's ability to sustain them, only makes you a crank.

Edited by random n00b

I'm only pissed about one thing: This isn't Kotor 3. We've been waiting for K3 for years and they throw an MMO in our face, which makes no sense.

However, at least we know this doesn't replace K3 entirely.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

However, at least we know this doesn't replace K3 entirely.

Nor partially nor entirely. It doesn't replace it. Period. if you are used to drink lemon juice and suddently you are given an orange juice, it just isn't the same eventhough both are citric juices. K3 (if done) will be a single player RPG that will either expand the lifespan of the series or close the triology. You can't just get the Age of Empires licence, make a RPG and say "Here! There you have AoE IV". It would spoil the saga. you can make a RPG BASED on that 'verse, but not the continuation of the saga.

With this MMO (I hope) happens the same. It isn't K3. It is just a game based on it's 'verse. Like WoW with warcraft. It isn't Warcraft IV, can't be it because they are two different kinds of game with different public and different goals.

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

You do know WoW replaced any plans for Warcraft IV, right?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

From what i've heard warcraft IV may come along. Or at least blizzard has said that IF the team wants to make it, they can make it.

But my point stays valid. WoW is not Warcraft IV.

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

The game's story as it ended in Frozen Throne was retconned and continued in entirely different form in WoW.

In WoW there's a lot storyline missions (and more comes with updates) that directly continue the main story. Now with upcoming Wrath of the Lich King gamers are going to get in the epic battle with Arthas and his armies, the biggest looming threat and obvious main plot point left after Frozen Throne.

The thing is if WC4 ever gets made (and WoW has already postponed it with many years if not for forever) - I'd like to have sauce for that "I've heard" stuff - it'll have to start from entirely new point, maybe even hundred years forward from WC3.

In Kotor franchise that equals to restarting whole franchise.

Unless the MMO focuses on Mandalorian Wars (which is less likely for couple of reasons) it'll take place in True Sith war, which is essentially core of K3.

If K3 later gets made it is entirely new game with different timeline, characters etc.

Edited by Xard

The game's story as it ended in Frozen Throne was retconned and continued in entirely different form in WoW.

In WoW there's a lot storyline missions (and more comes with updates) that directly continue the main story. Now with upcoming Wrath of the Lich King gamers are going to get in the epic battle with Arthas and his armies, the biggest looming threat and obvious main plot point left after Frozen Throne.

Exactly: thae main plot left AFTER the frozen Throne. Wow doesn't add per se new factions or world places. It is all a continuation of WC3. You don't introduce a new threat in WoW: it is just the continuation of the conflict on the perspective of a "foot soldier" instead of the one leading the armies, that would be WC4.

The thing is if WC4 ever gets made (and WoW has already postponed it with many years if not for forever) - I'd like to have sauce for that "I've heard" stuff - it'll have to start from entirely new point, maybe even hundred years forward from WC3.

As always, it depends on how it is handled. But WC4 can perfectly be settled in the defeat of Arthas. You being the one leading the armies of the Alliance or the horde. You just cannot have this sort of closure in a MMO. WC is not about the fighting itself (like WoW), but of the war effort: resources, preparing armies, and yes, making the battles, but not of a single men: of the whole battalion, of the whole army.

In Kotor franchise that equals to restarting whole franchise.

Unless the MMO focuses on Mandalorian Wars (which is less likely for couple of reasons) it'll take place in True Sith war, which is essentially core of K3.

If K3 later gets made it is entirely new game with different timeline, characters etc.

Again, if this MMO is held during hte K3 "war", you will be either a foot soldier, a low rank officer or a base jedi (don't know if padawan or jedi knight). In other words, an anonimous fighter. you can't be The One, the Leader of the armies. There can be only one Mandalore, if you get my point.

K3 will be about the leader, not the base soldiers.