KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

I would rather have Bioware do it, mostly because they're pretty much my favorite developer (used to be Blizzard, sort of is again).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

There's not much way that BioWare could do justice to the complexity that Obsidian put into K2. They build fine games. But they're amibitious when it comes to style and gameplay, not story. Their stories are meh.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Umm... How? IMO, ME had one of the deepest stories of any videogame ever made. And I liked K1's story better than K2's.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I guess by deep, I mean morally complex and fraught with complex characters with fascinating motivations.

Or perhaps I've read too much fan fiction... but I can say for sure that K1 fanfics are seriously one dimensional, while K2 fanfics are often dealing with the extensive complexities that are built into the game - characters, choice, the nature of the Force, etc.

I haven't read any ME fanfics yet, though... can't say I'm particularly compelled to. The game was "meh" and anything anyone writes about it will be just as tacked on as the character development in game was.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

There's not much way that BioWare could do justice to the complexity that Obsidian put into K2. They build fine games. But they're amibitious when it comes to style and gameplay, not story. Their stories are meh.

I agree with this. If Bioware's so grand, why not gush about them over there? THAT'S right, they're so very touchy about anything you post on thier boards, and most K3 threads end up locked. :huh:

I don't mean to sound grouchy about it, but if you think Bioware is the better choice, I think you're CRAZY. How deep was k1, REALLY? There's really no unanswered questions, and as much as I ♥ Mass Effect, it seemed to me to be an updated KOTOR, but w/o having to pay Lucas royalties (and knock back the M rating, which is NEVER gonna happen for a Star Wars game). It's also GLARINGLY obvious that ME is the 1st of a trilogy. It's WAY too short (even completing all side quests), and not much happens in it, except a tiny introduction to some HUGE lurking threat. Don't believe me? Try playing it back-to-back a couple times, and see how bored you become.

Also, I doubt there'll be much to discuss regarding that game 4 years from now.

Sorry to rant. I guess I'm just grouchy. :x And I ♥ Bioware. I just worry about them with the whole EA thing, and all. And I ♥ Obsidian TONS more!

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I've been reading some of your comments. The majority seem to like the idea of having either Revan or "the exile" as a main character. Here's an idea... how about.... a mandalorian, who went before Revan to fight the "true sith" who were causing his people to fight the republic. On the way into the Unknown Regions, his clan is killed and he gets captured (or lost). On the way, he is found (or released) by the exile, and together they find Revan and help Revan fight the true sith. Also in the story, the mandalorian finds out that he can use the force (with help from either Revan or the exile). what do you guys think??

Mandalore the Jedi?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I agree with this. If Bioware's so grand, why not gush about them over there? THAT'S right, they're so very touchy about anything you post on thier boards, and most K3 threads end up locked. :(

I don't mean to sound grouchy about it, but if you think Bioware is the better choice, I think you're CRAZY. How deep was k1, REALLY? There's really no unanswered questions, and as much as I ♥ Mass Effect, it seemed to me to be an updated KOTOR, but w/o having to pay Lucas royalties (and knock back the M rating, which is NEVER gonna happen for a Star Wars game). It's also GLARINGLY obvious that ME is the 1st of a trilogy. It's WAY too short (even completing all side quests), and not much happens in it, except a tiny introduction to some HUGE lurking threat. Don't believe me? Try playing it back-to-back a couple times, and see how bored you become.

Sorry to rant. I guess I'm just grouchy. :( And I ♥ Bioware. I just worry about them with the whole EA thing, and all. And I ♥ Obsidian TONS more!

/off topic

I put around 25 hours in ME and played it twice Good and Bad.

I thought it was good and I do want ME2 within a couple of years.....as long as they get time to finish it ofcourse :)

/on topic

i played KOTOR2 before KOTOR mayby not the smartest thing to do but I thought KOTOR2 was good only the cut content really anoyed me. I tried 4 times to get into the sublevels on Telos before i found out that it was cut.

And they let you hanging about your partymembers in the end.

But with a clifehanger like that I thought KOTOR3 would be out within a year or two.

KOTOR I liked but i thought the story was worse then it thought after all I heard about it.

And I missed the influence.....don't kill me for it...........and yes it was introduced in KOTOR2 but as I said I played KOTOR2 before KOTOR so that's personnal.

It's not that I think KOTOR2 was flawess, I mean it really annoyed me that my dark side party members where allways against killing people......which as playing dark side i loved to do o:)

I mean thats just dumb being dark side and still act like you are light side.

So in Kotor3, WHEN it comes out please change that.

And yes I said WHEN because it's coming........mayby there's a new duke nukem forever :(

But still I keep hoping for 2009/2010 :*

Maybe I'm just a Bioware fanboy (its possible, the dude who wrote the Bane books does work there, after all :bat:). Also, I really don't care about moral depth in my games. If I wanted to learn about morals or character, I'd take a philosophy/ethics class :).

But yeah, you're right, their forums maybe be a little picky with what you post there.

Anyway, I really don't much care who makes it, Bioware or Obsidian. I just want it to exist.

Maybe I'm just a Bioware fanboy

SOOOO true! :banghead:

Anyway, I really don't much care who makes it, Bioware or Obsidian. I just want it to exist.

Well, you SHOULD, damnit! The only reason I'd ever really WANT Bioware to do it, is because they have a looming LA project. So in THEORY, it could be done sooner, rather than later. But, let's face it, Bioware is NOT who they used to be. Do you even know WHY Obsidian ended up with K2, as opposed to Bioware? Bioware told LA they were too busy. Because they were working on that cack 'Jade Empire'. ONE game.

Now look at all that Bioware is up to now. Sonic for the DS *yawn*, ME 2 & 3, Dragon Age (I'll be a bit excited about THAT 1), and 3 other 'mysterious' projects, including an MMO and the aforementioned LA project.

All right, I'm done. I like Bioware. A lot. I just think it would be PERFECT if Obsidian did K3, is all. Like, as soon as they're done with the Aliens RPG. :yes:

legoK2.jpg

SOOOO true! :banghead:

Well, you SHOULD, damnit! The only reason I'd ever really WANT Bioware to do it, is because they have a looming LA project. So in THEORY, it could be done sooner, rather than later. But, let's face it, Bioware is NOT who they used to be. Do you even know WHY Obsidian ended up with K2, as opposed to Bioware? Bioware told LA they were too busy. Because they were working on that cack 'Jade Empire'. ONE game.

Now look at all that Bioware is up to now. Sonic for the DS *yawn*, ME 2 & 3, Dragon Age (I'll be a bit excited about THAT 1), and 3 other 'mysterious' projects, including an MMO and the aforementioned LA project.

All right, I'm done. I like Bioware. A lot. I just think it would be PERFECT if Obsidian did K3, is all. Like, as soon as they're done with the Aliens RPG. :banghead:

Wasn't it almost announced that the La project and the mmo of Bioware are the same?

Could be my fault but I thought it was know that it would become a star wars mmorpg betwwen episode 3 and 4.

And about the creator of KOTOR3, I think both obsidian and Bioware could bo it so doesn't matter to me but I prefer Obsidian, with enough time that is :yes:

Well, it will most likely be Obisidian or some new company because Bioware is no more... it is now EA Games.. Check the developer and icon at the bottom of Mass Effect for the pc you will see a big EA not Bioware.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

SOOOO true! :)

All right, I'm done. I like Bioware. A lot. I just think it would be PERFECT if Obsidian did K3, is all. Like, as soon as they're done with the Aliens RPG. >_<

That's mostly true. Bioware now being a part of EA scares me almost as much as them making an MMO (the last time one of my favorite developers made a MMO, they stopped being my favorite developer and ruined one of my all-time favorite framchises- but I now have my faith back in them :lol:). And their Sonic project looks stupid. But they made 2 of my 5 favorite games of the last two generations: K1 and ME.

And Jade Empire was really good, in spite of the fact that it prevented them from making K2.

The only reason I'd ever really WANT Bioware to do it, is because they have a looming LA project. So in THEORY, it could be done sooner, rather than later.

That LA/Bioware project is NOT KotOR3. In fact, it's not KotOR at all. See my sig.

Wasn't it almost announced that the La project and the mmo of Bioware are the same?

Could be my fault but I thought it was know that it would become a star wars mmorpg betwwen episode 3 and 4.

I don't think so. I have speculated that the LA/Bioware project is indeed a Star Wars MMO set between episodes 3 and 4, because it would fit the schedule for LA's live-action Star Wars tv-series, which is set to hit tv screens next year, but that's all speculation on my part. Unless, of course, it's now confirmed, in which case I get to toot my horn about how clever I am :( I haven't seen anything to suggest that, though.

The only reason I'd ever really WANT Bioware to do it, is because they have a looming LA project. So in THEORY, it could be done sooner, rather than later.

That LA/Bioware project is NOT KotOR3. In fact, it's not KotOR at all. See my sig.

Meh... until something's ACTUALLY been announced on LA.com or Bioware.com, I'm not giving up hope. There've just been too many articles that have been released contradicting the one in your siggy. So I've learned over time not to believe anything that doesn't come straight from the horse's mouth, be it good OR bad news.

legoK2.jpg

Meh... until something's ACTUALLY been announced on LA.com or Bioware.com, I'm not giving up hope. There've just been too many articles that have been released contradicting the one in your siggy. So I've learned over time not to believe anything that doesn't come straight from the horse's mouth, be it good OR bad news.

We've seen lots of articles speculating about KotOR3 or KotOR MMO for the purpose of peddling their articles, since they know full well that fans hungry for news about KotOR is no small crowd. It's precisely for that reason I point to my sig, since it links to an article where IGN actually spoke to a LA representative who said the LA/Bioware collaboration has nothing to do with KotOR. Now, I may not credit IGN with being highly believable when they speculate about games, but in this case they quote LA directly, and I do trust IGN to be accurate then they refer to the actual company as their source. So in short, either the LA/Bioware project is indeed not related to KotOR at all, or else either LA or IGN is directly lying to the public. I doubt LA or IGN would do that, because the consequences of doing so would be devastating. Nobody would ever believe anything IGN wrote or said ever again, so they can't afford to do so. And it would be pretty bad for LA as well for pretty much the same reason.

And note that it's a quote directly from LA in quotation marks, which means it does indeed come straight from the horse's mouth. If that is incorrectly quoted with LA as a source, that's grounds for legal action by LA against IGN. I doubt IGN would risk that, too.

So no, there is no LA/Bioware KotOR3. It's not under development. It doesn't exist. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Besides, how is saying Bioware is not doing KotOR3 giving up hope? Frankly, I'd much rather have Obsidian do it, and it's been a while since I've heard Obsidian deny they're working on KotOR3. Even if they're not, that doesn't mean KotOR3 is not being considered. LA had better get it right this time, though, which may explain the delay.

I'm not even gonna bother... :biggrin:

I agree with this. If Bioware's so grand, why not gush about them over there? THAT'S right, they're so very touchy about anything you post on thier boards, and most K3 threads end up locked. :ermm:

Sorry to rant. I guess I'm just grouchy. :( And I ♥ Bioware. I just worry about them with the whole EA thing, and all. And I ♥ Obsidian TONS more!

/off topic

I put around 25 hours in ME and played it twice Good and Bad.

I thought it was good and I do want ME2 within a couple of years.....as long as they get time to finish it ofcourse o:)

/on topic

i played KOTOR2 before KOTOR mayby not the smartest thing to do but I thought KOTOR2 was good only the cut content really anoyed me. I tried 4 times to get into the sublevels on Telos before i found out that it was cut.

And they let you hanging about your partymembers in the end.

But with a clifehanger like that I thought KOTOR3 would be out within a year or two.

KOTOR I liked but i thought the story was worse then it thought after all I heard about it.

And I missed the influence.....don't kill me for it...........and yes it was introduced in KOTOR2 but as I said I played KOTOR2 before KOTOR so that's personnal.

It's not that I think KOTOR2 was flawess, I mean it really annoyed me that my dark side party members where allways against killing people......which as playing dark side i loved to do o:)

I mean thats just dumb being dark side and still act like you are light side.

So in Kotor3, WHEN it comes out please change that.

And yes I said WHEN because it's coming........mayby there's a new duke nukem forever :sweat:

But still I keep hoping for 2009/2010 :biggrin:

Oh and don't be disappointed if ME2 releases and its incredibly over hyped, EA tends to do that alot.

/offtopic

Anyone hear about Alone in the Dark, it wasnt made by EA but it was over-hyped which led to its downfall.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I've been reading some of your comments. The majority seem to like the idea of having either Revan or "the exile" as a main character. Here's an idea... how about.... a mandalorian, who went before Revan to fight the "true sith" who were causing his people to fight the republic. On the way into the Unknown Regions, his clan is killed and he gets captured (or lost). On the way, he is found (or released) by the exile, and together they find Revan and help Revan fight the true sith. Also in the story, the mandalorian finds out that he can use the force (with help from either Revan or the exile). what do you guys think??

Mandalore the Jedi?

Yeah. sort of.... not Canderous though... Which is more probable.... that they'll use a brand new character or an older character (like Revan or the Exile)? Everyone has already played as both of those characters. So...everyone's views of them are different (like if they're male or female and what they look like). That's why my bet is on a brand new character =( I don't think that the Exile will be involved much in k3 because at the end of k2 Kreia gives you the choice of going to look for Revan or staying on Malachor VI to show others the way. Some people stayed behind and others went to look for Revan. Do you see what I'm hinting at? There are divided views of the characters. (i probably didn't need to say all this but... i did anyways) =P sorry 4 your waste of time... :ermm::biggrin:

OH!!! Obsidian or Boiware??? hmmmm... OBSIDIAN!!!!!! HOW DARE ANYONE COME ON THE OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE AND SAY OTHERWISE!!!

Edited by UnknownRegions

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Cause the people at the Bioware forums are too damn strict with what you can post, and there are too many idiots everywhere else. :lol:

Cause the people at the Bioware forums are too damn strict with what you can post, and there are too many idiots everywhere else. :)

:woot:

Probably it has been said before (Call me lazy, but I just wasn't in the mood to read throughout the whole topic), but the most logical thing to do is to create a new char (Maybe not Mandalore the Jedi). I could see Revan and Exile's cameos and even included in the party if done wright:

I mean something along the lines of directly asking gender and alignment of Revan and Exile, and even an ilustration via computer training or something to set the appearance...

I just hope that the party is according to the new char: New. The story has to have some oldies like the romantic interests of Revan and Exile, but I see them just in cameos or giving some quests at the most.

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

1. I hope Obsidian gets the job. They've earned it!

2. I would like a new character. I know that they could make returns from the old characters possible. I would like to see Revan come back into the story (the Exile not so much).

3. They have to reveal the "true sith" in the next game. They have to be different in some way from other force users. They have to look awesome.

4. Whoever is making the game has to make up some sweet a** threads.

5. There has to be some neutral characters in the game (to balance out everyone else).

6. They have to make sure there aren't any missing endings to the story.

7. I can't think of any more points. :yucky:

by the way... that sith dude who replied to my comment above (i think it's at the end of page 13).... he was totally right... :) well esabia... the whole mandalore the jedi thing was just an idea but.... you're 100% correct... Revan and the Exile could be put into the new game. i wasn't saying that it was impossible to put them in the k3.... i just think that the creators of k3 won't put them into the game (not the Exile... Revan... maybe).

Edited by UnknownRegions

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

1. I hope Obsidian gets the job. They've earned it!

2. I would like a new character. I know that they could make returns from the old characters possible. I would like to see Revan come back into the story (the Exile not so much).

3. They have to reveal the "true sith" in the next game. They have to be different in some way from other force users. They have to look awesome.

4. Whoever is making the game has to make up some sweet a** threads.

5. There has to be some neutral characters in the game (to balance out everyone else).

6. They have to make sure there aren't any missing endings to the story.

7. I can't think of any more points. >_<

by the way... that sith dude who replied to my comment above (i think it's at the end of page 13).... he was totally right... :) well esabia... the whole mandalore the jedi thing was just an idea but.... you're 100% correct... Revan and the Exile could be put into the new game. i wasn't saying that it was impossible to put them in the k3.... i just think that the creators of k3 won't put them into the game (not the Exile... Revan... maybe).

Why don't you think they will include the Exile?