a configuration working for some years

hi, i think about upgrading my PC, the goal is to be able to play games like two worlds, fallout 3, aliens, Mass effect (will buy it later, but have to prepare for it already), and other 'hi-tech' games, plus run on it some of the best graphic programs

a pal of mine works in such a job, and offered some PC parts he could get for about 80.000 Ft (/275= 291 Euro)

motherboard:

Asrock 4 coredual-vsta

memory:

Kingmax 2GB

CPU:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

VGA card:

Asus Extreme EN8800GS

I don't have a clue on if it is worth the cash or not, I still have to find how much theese things on the average cost in Hungary more than in other nations.

I ask the community what they think about these items, their cost, their 'power', and if I should agee to the deal in their opinion or not, thanks. :teehee:

IB1OsQq.png

You'd have been better of posting this at Skeeter's, Jorian.

Yo, mods!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

never played Fallout 2? :teehee:

He was referring to tech section of these forums, Skeeter's Junkyard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I would probably opt for more than 2 GB of ram since it is cheap and quite a lot of it is required nowadays.

who is skeeter? o.o

Subforum. :ermm: And he is a character in Fallout 2 if I remember correctly.

I still didn't get used to these new subforums... :teehee:

IB1OsQq.png

Skeeter junkyard is like two years old, at least >_<

2 gigs of RAM is perfect at this point, and will be more than enough for the games you listed. It is probably at least another year before you need to double that. What OS are you using? Basic XP and Vista don't even support more that 2 gigs yet.

Anyone know much about the GS card? It sounds nice as an 8800, but I get confused by all the different types.

It looks like a solid setup, regardless. It should play all the games you listed a high quality.

Skeeter junkyard is like two years old, at least :p

2 gigs of RAM is perfect at this point, and will be more than enough for the games you listed. It is probably at least another year before you need to double that. What OS are you using? Basic XP and Vista don't even support more that 2 gigs yet.

XP >_<

Anyone know much about the GS card? It sounds nice as an 8800, but I get confused by all the different types.

It looks like a solid setup, regardless. It should play all the games you listed a high quality.

yes please, need more input :p

hmm, i also need some comments on the costs, i dunno if its OK or not...

IB1OsQq.png

Moved to a more appropriate forum.

thanks darqy :(

If the card is good, then I think it's a good price. That's really where the cost comes in on these things. I'm terrible with exchange rates though.

i already exchanged it to Euro >_<

IB1OsQq.png

The GS is a crippled but cheaper GT, now aka. 9600 GSO...

Anyway, you get quite some speed for the money. It will not last for years though, as CPU, Ram, Mobo, Graphics card are all quite mid range now.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Yo, take 4 Gb memory and a GT/GTX card instead, and you should have a hell of a machine.

I thought XP only handles 2 GB memory :ermm:

The GS is a crippled but cheaper GT, now aka. 9600 GSO...

so...what exactly should i ask for then? :sorcerer:

IB1OsQq.png

If you don't have the money for an 8800GT, then go for a 9600GT, instead. It's quite cheap and a bit better than the 8800GS/9600GSO.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

hi, i think about upgrading my PC, the goal is to be able to play games like two worlds

If you upgrading means you'll actually install Two Worlds, then I'd recommend you to burn your money instead. It's an awful, awful game.

(or you can just stock to playing the other games in your list if you find the idea of burning money appalling)

If I go by Swedish prices, my estimate is that you'll save roughly

hi, i think about upgrading my PC, the goal is to be able to play games like two worlds

If you upgrading means you'll actually install Two Worlds, then I'd recommend you to burn your money instead. It's an awful, awful game.

(or you can just stock to playing the other games in your list if you find the idea of burning money appalling)

If I go by Swedish prices, my estimate is that you'll save roughly

IB1OsQq.png

It's true. Forget Two Worlds, it sucks. Get 4 Gb memory instead, since it's still very cheap. Especially when doing graphic intensive work you'll benefit from it.

As for the GFX: Get at least a 8800GT. Forget that x600 rubbish. Never trust the "6" in any Nvidia product.

so, there is no problem for XP to handle 4 Gb?

and Asus Extreme EN8800GS is OK then?

IB1OsQq.png

It's true. Forget Two Worlds, it sucks. Get 4 Gb memory instead, since it's still very cheap. Especially when doing graphic intensive work you'll benefit from it.

As for the GFX: Get at least a 8800GT. Forget that x600 rubbish. Never trust the "6" in any Nvidia product.

A 32bit OS can handle up to 4 Gb, even though it doesn't show the entire amount. Don't let yourself be fooled, memory is now cheap so better get a bit more memory and give up on a game.

I'm not sure about the 8800GS. The GS series I think is a slimmed down version of the GT/GTX I suppose?

Edited by Morgoth

A 32bit OS can handle up to 4 Gb, even though it doesn't show the entire amount. Don't let yourself be fooled, memory is now cheap so better get a bit more memory and give up on a game.

I'm not sure about the 8800GS. The GS series I think is a slimmed down version of the GT/GTX I suppose?

i dunno, thats why i ask here in the first place :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

i dunno, thats why i ask here in the first place :lol:

To find it out, I recommend Google.

i dunno, thats why i ask here in the first place :ermm:

To find it out, I recommend Google.

what to do with it? o.o

IB1OsQq.png