Reunion with Revan

Guest The Architect
what about DS Revan/DS Exile?

I'd have the former so for the latter it's different, you've got DS Exile trying to stop DS Revan and become the new Dark Lord...

By latter I meant for DS Revan/DS Exile. You've got DS Exile trying to become the new Dark Lord, and the only way to do this is to take down DS Revan.

Good ideas but you need to incorparate the new protaganist.

Thanks. I don't agree the new PC has to be involved in the Revan/Exile conflict, though. I suppose the PC could influence the outcome based on your decision. It'd be cool if Revan & the Exile had a long, epic battle, with a winner looking unlikely to ever emerge, until the PC steps in and helps one or the other. This way there'd still be dispute over who would win in a battle between Revan & the Exile, which would upset the fanboys hoping to see their hero triumph. :)

what about DS Revan/DS Exile?

I'd have the former so for the latter it's different, you've got DS Exile trying to stop DS Revan and become the new Dark Lord...

By latter I meant for DS Revan/DS Exile. You've got DS Exile trying to become the new Dark Lord, and the only way to do this is to take down DS Revan.

Good ideas but you need to incorparate the new protaganist.

Thanks. I don't agree the new PC has to be involved in the Revan/Exile conflict, though. I suppose the PC could influence the outcome based on your decision. It'd be cool if Revan & the Exile had a long, epic battle, with a winner looking unlikely to ever emerge, until the PC steps in and helps one or the other. This way there'd still be dispute over who would win in a battle between Revan & the Exile, which would upset the fanboys hoping to see their hero triumph. o:)

This is exactly what I was thinking the entire time this was on my mind. What if in the new KOTOR 3 you could decide who to assist,help, or destroy. Your decisions throughout the game can seem small, but blow up in conflict in the end.. or middle.. Im not sure what a good time would be for them to fight...

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Thanks. I don't agree the new PC has to be involved in the Revan/Exile conflict, though. I suppose the PC could influence the outcome based on your decision. It'd be cool if Revan & the Exile had a long, epic battle, with a winner looking unlikely to ever emerge, until the PC steps in and helps one or the other. This way there'd still be dispute over who would win in a battle between Revan & the Exile, which would upset the fangirls hoping to see their hero triumph. :)

But...but...I want both to live...* :)

How am I supposed to ship Carth/Revan and Atton/Exile if they die, mister! :)

In all seriousness, to answer the post, it's not going to be rainbows and sunshines for sure. But I don't think that whoever develops the game is just gonna kill off the two major characters in this story. Nah, they're probably going to have this whole chain of events where the new PC and Revan and Exile emerge from the situation victorious, heroes of the Republic, yadda yadda yadda. And then if it's DS, someone's losing a few limbs in the midst of fighting to be the new leader of the True Sith.

This whole redemption thing is a big ticket in these games.

Thanks. I don't agree the new PC has to be involved in the Revan/Exile conflict, though. I suppose the PC could influence the outcome based on your decision. It'd be cool if Revan & the Exile had a long, epic battle, with a winner looking unlikely to ever emerge, until the PC steps in and helps one or the other. This way there'd still be dispute over who would win in a battle between Revan & the Exile, which would upset the fangirls hoping to see their hero triumph. :p

But...but...I want both to live...* ;(

How am I supposed to ship Carth/Revan and Atton/Exile if they die, mister! :)

In all seriousness, to answer the post, it's not going to be rainbows and sunshines for sure. But I don't think that whoever develops the game is just gonna kill off the two major characters in this story. Nah, they're probably going to have this whole chain of events where the new PC and Revan and Exile emerge from the situation victorious, heroes of the Republic, yadda yadda yadda. And then if it's DS, someone's losing a few limbs in the midst of fighting to be the new leader of the True Sith.

This whole redemption thing is a big ticket in these games.

Never approached it in that way.. Your right.. I dont think they would throw to characters away.

62nzp7r.jpg

Guest The Architect

If Revan & the Exile are going to be killed off, though, better in the game than in the background, which would be the biggest load of ****in' piss poor heap of **** you could get. Maybe if everyone's LS then it will all be a pretty little picture, but for the 3 PC's to triumph over the True Sith followed by a happy ever after ending would be too predictable.

In the all LS scenario, it'd be an interesting and unexpected dilemma for the Exile to go all haywire and try and stop the good guys, probably with the help of some the KotOR2 companions or something. Seeing time and time again someone redeemed to the light side would be boring and repetitive, not to mention it makes the dark side look wimpy, if every man and his dog can just turn away from it at the end of the day.

It can't be a pretty picture if one of them is DS, and we know if they all are it'll get ugly, but if Revan & the Exile both emerge out of their sacrifice as good, then there's another problem. Where does that leave the PC, if you're DS? What is the PC going to do, take down both Revan & the Exile? I think not. I don't want the PC to be that powerful. I can't see the PC getting killed off, either, so...

Revan and Exile are the poster childs of this series. Throw them away, we have angry fanboys/fangirls. So, in the LS ending, they'd probably all live, including the new PC. Makes sense to me.

And if they're all DS, you live, Revan and Exile die, leaving you the new leader of the Sith or whatever's out there.

They both need to die to wrap this whole storyline up, and it would be boring if everything just turns out fine in the end. And Revan/Exile don't necessarily really need to be light or dark side, I see Revan especially as being somewhere in the middle.

Not neccessalry they don't have to just die. A viable conclusion is perfect for the situation. Omelette is right Revan and Exile are the poster children , there would be a big outbreak If they both just 'die'

62nzp7r.jpg

Seeing as how powerful and pivatol Revan and the Exile are to the whole Galaxy, they wouldn't just kind of dissapear into obscurity after all of these events and people would want closure on their storylines otherwise, people would want to know where they went from here. This could potentially lead to later games or maybe books or something, i don't know. Personally, I would rather the whole Revan/Exile thing is finished and any more KOTORs after this, we just move on, get to something new. Because really, think about it. So much has happened already in such a short span of time, the Galaxy would just implode if Revan and/or the Exile had any more galaxy saving quests.

Seeing as how powerful and pivatol Revan and the Exile are to the whole Galaxy, they wouldn't just kind of dissapear into obscurity after all of these events and people would want closure on their storylines otherwise, people would want to know where they went from here. This could potentially lead to later games or maybe books or something, i don't know. Personally, I would rather the whole Revan/Exile thing is finished and any more KOTORs after this, we just move on, get to something new. Because really, think about it. So much has happened already in such a short span of time, the Galaxy would just implode if Revan and/or the Exile had any more galaxy saving quests.

50 BBY - 50 ABY say hello

But yeah, I do hope KOTOR III resolves the major storylines. Maybe they can leave some bit storyline open for some comic or whatever, but any and all major storylines should be resolved.

Heck, I wouldn't mind LA making a game starring Hanharr in his mad quest to hunt down the Jedi Mira following the destruction of Malachor V. Furball vs. Force.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

50 BBY - 50 ABY say hello

But yeah, I do hope KOTOR III resolves the major storylines. Maybe they can leave some bit storyline open for some comic or whatever, but any and all major storylines should be resolved.

Heck, I wouldn't mind LA making a game starring Hanharr in his mad quest to hunt down the Jedi Mira following the destruction of Malachor V. Furball vs. Force.

Force Wins in total of 250 to 0.

62nzp7r.jpg

i do think he is fighting them convertly.

Me too. I suspect Revan of deliberately falling to the dark side (unless he already was) and then become part of the true Sith to make a claim for the position of dark lord. Those in power would naturally resist this, and so civil war ensues, weakening the true Sith and buying time for the Republic.

Me too. I suspect Revan of deliberately falling to the dark side (unless he already was) and then become part of the true Sith to make a claim for the position of dark lord. Those in power would naturally resist this, and so civil war ensues, weakening the true Sith and buying time for the Republic.

That is actually a very good plot......now if that is true it wont surprise me lol

Aznmafia.jpg

I'm not a Revan/Exile fanboy (Personally I do not like Revan, flame away) but I wouldn't want them to both just die off.

Perhaps they continue their adventures in the unknown regions, which remain UNKNOWN until thousands of years later, which there are still UNKNOWN regions lol.

If they do make KOTOR 3 and tie up this story arc I would want any future games to be around the time of the Great Hyperspace War or earlier. I would love to run around in an early Republic and see that kind of crazy technology. (It'd be like the 1950's of space travel... or something). Possibly even during the time of the Infinite Empire and you are a Human Force Sensitive Slave who leads the revolt.

Just speculation at best.

Continue their adventures in the unknown region? Doing what? Seeing as how the Sith Empire ruled there, there are bound to be tons of tainted DS worlds like Korriban and Malachor V, so there is always the threat that Revan and/or Exile would be corrupted by the DS and become a major threat. Not to mention there's the threat of the Exile becoming like Nihilus and beginning to hunger more and more, a threat whether he's good or evil since he wouldn't be able to control it. These guys could not just dissapear and not be heard from of again, so they need to die to end it all. Also, if KOTOR 3 is a real sequal to KOTOR 2 and keeps up with the dark atmosphere, it doesn't seem like the type of game to end in rainbows and sunshine. It needs tragedy and death-preferebly Revan/Exile

Continue their adventures in the unknown region? Doing what? Seeing as how the Sith Empire ruled there, there are bound to be tons of tainted DS worlds like Korriban and Malachor V, so there is always the threat that Revan and/or Exile would be corrupted by the DS and become a major threat. Not to mention there's the threat of the Exile becoming like Nihilus and beginning to hunger more and more, a threat whether he's good or evil since he wouldn't be able to control it. These guys could not just dissapear and not be heard from of again, so they need to die to end it all. Also, if KOTOR 3 is a real sequal to KOTOR 2 and keeps up with the dark atmosphere, it doesn't seem like the type of game to end in rainbows and sunshine. It needs tragedy and death-preferebly Revan/Exile

That's the entire point. There will always be evil for Revan/Exile to fight till they pass away from battle or natural causes.

The entire KOTOR series has been dark and gloomy yes, so a happy ending would make it seem like your struggle was worth it. (OH I played as Revan and destroyed the star Forge then played as the Exile and destroyed the Triumvirate then played as Revan/Exile/Add PC here and everyone died. Doesn't fit.

Destroyed the Sith Empire, it fits. And this is the end of a series (possibly) and therefore the ending is going to of COURSE be different from the others. Are you going to complain that at the end of ROTJ Darth Vader was a good guy when he wasn't at the end of the first two so it doesn't fit? It's the END, things change.

Destroyed the Sith Empire, it fits. And this is the end of a series (possibly) and therefore the ending is going to of COURSE be different from the others. Are you going to complain that at the end of ROTJ Darth Vader was a good guy when he wasn't at the end of the first two so it doesn't fit? It's the END, things change.

Did Luke, the main character, die at the end of RotJ?

Was the ending "dark and gloomy because the rest of the so-called Imperial rule was"?

I'm sorry but if I'm not emo and I think it'd be stupid to just kill off everyone and have the same dark atmosphere exist after the series ends. Killing characters off is the quick and easy and non-intelligent way out. They could be more creative than that.

Thats exactly right, he did deliberately do it. But being knocked uncoincious was a huge set back...

62nzp7r.jpg

Was the ending "dark and gloomy because the rest of the so-called Imperial rule was"?

I'm sorry but if I'm not emo and I think it'd be stupid to just kill off everyone and have the same dark atmosphere exist after the series ends. Killing characters off is the quick and easy and non-intelligent way out. They could be more creative than that.

Maybe, but I think all of this really depends on whether they are going to continue with Revan and the Exile or not. If they decide not to do anymore, then they should kill them to tie things off (because like I said earlier they could be too much of a threat). If they want to continue with these characters then sure, leave them alive.

Maybe, but I think all of this really depends on whether they are going to continue with Revan and the Exile or not. If they decide not to do anymore, then they should kill them to tie things off (because like I said earlier they could be too much of a threat). If they want to continue with these characters then sure, leave them alive.

What I'm trying to say is that if they have some measure of intelligence then they can have them LIVE and still tie the story off, the best stories are usually the ones where the main character doesn't die... it just shows that the author had to finish it and didn't know what to do... Who knows maybe K3 will pull a K2 and leave a lot left out... that'd really upset people LOL! Although arguing over this is kind of pointless because everyone has different tastes on what they like to see as far as endings.

Edited by Albion72

What I'm trying to say is that if they have some measure of intelligence then they can have them LIVE and still tie the story off, the best stories are usually the ones where the main character doesn't die... it just shows that the author had to finish it and didn't know what to do...

That depends entirely on the circumstances. Character death can be potent if done for plot reasons. For example. J.R.R. Tolkien did not kill Boromir in "The Lord of the Rings" because he didn't know what to do with the character - his death has long-lasting and deep consequences that are essential to the following plot development. You could say it's lazy writing to then kill of characters in the background, but even then I'd consider the deaths of Hicks and Newt in Alien3 to not be so, since it means Ripley is now alone again and must face danger without allies, thus serving a reason in the plot. "Lazy death" is more like in the end of KotOR1, when LS Revan tries to redeem Malak, but he refuses and then conveniently drops over dead. I could accept if Revan and/or exile are killed, if it serves a plot reason, but then it has to be for that reason - not because the writers couldn't figure out what to do with them and so killed them off in the background during the opening title crawl. If we can think of stuff to do with them in K3 without gender or alignment being a problem, then surely professional developers can too.

Who knows maybe K3 will pull a K2 and leave a lot left out... that'd really upset people LOL! Although arguing over this is kind of pointless because everyone has different tastes on what they like to see as far as endings.

You can do different endings for different people. The Fallout games have something like that. I'd expect it to more flashy and movie-like for K3 given the age of those games, but dramatically there is nothing that says that is not perfectly valid.