Reunion with Revan

Am I the only one who thinks that a reunion between Revan and the Exile won't be a happy one? Considering how he covered his tracks very well, in the attempt that no one would come looking for him, only to have some somebody he hasn't seen in nearly a decade show up and try to help him in his cause. Maybe there isn't enough developed on the relationship Revan had with the Exile, but considering that Revan didn't want anyone with him - not Canderous, not Bastila, not Carth, not HK-47, not T3, not Mission - I don't think he would be too happy to see the Exile dropping on by.

/discuss

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

And then there is that tomb on Korriban. Two flashbacks to the Mandalorian Wars correspond to the past, the encounter with Kreia corresponds to the present, and by that logic the fight with Revan corresponds to the future.

20795.jpg

Yes, it suggests that in the future you'll meet Revan, but none of those other visions ended with a battle in the real events, so why should the encounter with Revan?

As far as Revan not wanting anyone there with them... well... it's quite a few years later... it might be time for someone to go find him and help him. Or not... :teehee:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

OOOOOOOOOH I KNOW I KNOW

REVAN JOINS TEH TROO SITH!!11!!!111!!!1!!!&!1!223

Anyway, I think Revan'll be killed. Maybe by Exile (maybe Revan is acting as "undercover sith lord" - LOL - and Exile thinks he/she is enemy) and then we'll get nice case of Nice Job Screwing It, Hero trope and plot twist

To make it better maybe our New PC somehow manages to deal with both of them, thinking they're the Bad Guy and The Lesser Bad Guy

It would fit. Especially when remembering that originally Nihilus's mask was ment to be made of Revan's skull

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yes, it suggests that in the future you'll meet Revan, but none of those other visions ended with a battle in the real events, so why should the encounter with Revan?

Well, there has been speculation that the relationship between Revan and exile was a strained one. For example Malak recruited Exile into the Mandalorian Wars, not Revan. It's unclear just how much Revan knew about the MSG, but either it doesn't point to good relations between Revan and Exile - if Revan did know, then he left the Exile there to be killed by the MSG like most of their fleet, and if he did not, then he left the Exile there to be killed by the Mandalorian fleet, seeing as how the Republic was on the losing side until the MSG was activated. And HK-47 tells us Revan was aware of the Exile's predicament after the battle at Malachor, but let the exile return to the council as a way of looking down on them both.

Am I the only one who thinks that a reunion between Revan and the Exile won't be a happy one? Considering how he covered his tracks very well, in the attempt that no one would come looking for him, only to have some somebody he hasn't seen in nearly a decade show up and try to help him in his cause. Maybe there isn't enough developed on the relationship Revan had with the Exile, but considering that Revan didn't want anyone with him - not Canderous, not Bastila, not Carth, not HK-47, not T3, not Mission - I don't think he would be too happy to see the Exile dropping on by.

/discuss

The Exile isn't someone Revan had an attachment to, plus if Revan had no interest in someone helping him, he would never have let T3 take the Ebon Hawk and return to known space. Either he agreed to that, or he is in trouble, in which case he wouldn't mind getting some help.

I really can't see Revan having any trouble with it, especially with the Exile coming from Kreia and all.

Well, there has been speculation that the relationship between Revan and exile was a strained one.

For example Malak recruited Exile into the Mandalorian Wars, not Revan.

Yet Malak wanted HK-47 to terminate the Exile, so that doesn't hold much

It's unclear just how much Revan knew about the MSG, but either it doesn't point to good relations between Revan and Exile - if Revan did know, then he left the Exile there to be killed by the MSG like most of their fleet, and if he did not, then he left the Exile there to be killed by the Mandalorian fleet, seeing as how the Republic was on the losing side until the MSG was activated.

However, the other operator survived as well. Heck, he even has his droid reactivate the thing. But the fact that Malachor V was a suicide battle starring people he didn't like is something to take note of, as there were people he didn't like in the Republic and especially the Jedi Order - especially with the latter as the Mando Wars continued.

But then the next question is, how many people knew it was a suicide mission before the fact? Malak probably knew, but that might be about it. And how many survivors knew that it was a suicide mission after the fact?

And HK-47 tells us Revan was aware of the Exile's predicament after the battle at Malachor, but let the exile return to the council as a way of looking down on them both.

While Revan did pity her, she also made a good scapegoat, considering that she was a Jedi and she was involved with the operation of the MSG. She may have been the only Jedi to survive the battle (not including Revan and Malak) (but that's a very weak theory, I'll admit), and if that's true, it also makes a stronger reason to send her back to the Jedi Council on Coruscant.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

/discuss

The Exile isn't someone Revan had an attachment to, plus if Revan had no interest in someone helping him, he would never have let T3 take the Ebon Hawk and return to known space. Either he agreed to that, or he is in trouble, in which case he wouldn't mind getting some help.

I really can't see Revan having any trouble with it, especially with the Exile coming from Kreia and all.

Revan didn't send T3 back, it was Bastila.

DAWUSS

Well, there has been speculation that the relationship between Revan and exile was a strained one.

What does that have to do with anything? For one, HK-47 doesn't take orders from Malak, and second, why is it a problem that Malak recruited the exile and then later wanted him killed? I don't see how that somehow invalidates the observation that Revan did not recruit the exile.

But then the next question is, how many people knew it was a suicide mission before the fact? Malak probably knew, but that might be about it. And how many survivors knew that it was a suicide mission after the fact?

What I find notable is that Revan was conveniently not there for that battle himself, which suggests to me that he had a pretty good idea of what would happen. Besides, we already know from HK-47 that Revan used Malachor V to "clean house".

And HK-47 tells us Revan was aware of the Exile's predicament after the battle at Malachor, but let the exile return to the council as a way of looking down on them both.

While Revan did pity her, she also made a good scapegoat, considering that she was a Jedi and she was involved with the operation of the MSG. She may have been the only Jedi to survive the battle (not including Revan and Malak) (but that's a very weak theory, I'll admit), and if that's true, it also makes a stronger reason to send her back to the Jedi Council on Coruscant.

Pity, yes. And yet...

HK-47: "Observation: Master, this is purely speculation, but there is a certain strength in parading defeated leaders before their people.Perhaps Revan felt that your return to the Council in your state would show them what Jedi were capable of - and the cost. Revan often referred to you as a Jedi who was already dead, and felt your reception by the Council would further show you their hypocrisy.Considering the council's judgment, I see they did not receive your return well."

Revan was at Malachor V on the surface. He defeated Mandalore there.

No one knew just how devastating the MSG would be, if anyone would have it would have been Bao-Dur, but he didn't.

Yes, Revan let the Exile be the scapegoat, and I can't imagine that their reunion would be all fluffy bunnies & hugs, but he had fallen to the darkside and as lightsiders they should believe in the power of redeption.

Edited by qt3.14159

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

What does that have to do with anything? For one, HK-47 doesn't take orders from Malak, and second, why is it a problem that Malak recruited the exile and then later wanted him killed? I don't see how that somehow invalidates the observation that Revan did not recruit the exile.

So if the Exile-Malak relationship changes, why wouldn't the Revan-Malak relationship change, either? Exile-Malak has a more extreme relationship (from recruitment to death-wish) than Exile-Revan.

What I find notable is that Revan was conveniently not there for that battle himself, which suggests to me that he had a pretty good idea of what would happen. Besides, we already know from HK-47 that Revan used Malachor V to "clean house".

If he wasn't there, then how'd he get a hold of Mandalore the Ultimate's helmet? If he left early, that's one thing; if he just assembled a helmet and claimed it was Mandalore's helmet that's another thing (and it could explain how Canderous' helmet is different from his predecessors)

Pity, yes. And yet...

HK-47: "Observation: Master, this is purely speculation, but there is a certain strength in parading defeated leaders before their people.Perhaps Revan felt that your return to the Council in your state would show them what Jedi were capable of - and the cost. Revan often referred to you as a Jedi who was already dead, and felt your reception by the Council would further show you their hypocrisy.Considering the council's judgment, I see they did not receive your return well."

The Council also said the same thing, once the Exile had left. There also was that possibility that they knew Revan was right, but there was no way they would allow themselves to publicly admit it. Heck, deep down even Atris wanted to fight the Mandos. And the others went into exile. And IIRC, Atris leaked the Exile's information upon Kreia's orders. If Revan had any further plans for the Exile is unknown, but Kreia had something in mind for the Exile involving Revan, especially once the Exile drew Nihilus and his Sith out of hiding (where, for the Exile, there was little left for her to do after that point).

DAWUSS

Revan was at Malachor V on the surface. He defeated Mandalore there.

No. Malachor V is forbidden ground to the Mandalorians, so Mandalore would not have gone there. The battle of Malachor V seems to have taken place above the planet, and it's unclear if anyone but Revan ever went to the surface before the battle.

So if the Exile-Malak relationship changes, why wouldn't the Revan-Malak relationship change, either? Exile-Malak has a more extreme relationship (from recruitment to death-wish) than Exile-Revan.

So because the the Malak-Exile relationship changed, the Revan-Exile relationship must have too?!? That doesn't make much sense to me. In fact, it would be far easier to believe that Malak changed his mind about the Exile because Revan never liked him.

If he wasn't there, then how'd he get a hold of Mandalore the Ultimate's helmet? If he left early, that's one thing; if he just assembled a helmet and claimed it was Mandalore's helmet that's another thing (and it could explain how Canderous' helmet is different from his predecessors)

Revan got it by coming to the fight later and facing and killing Mandalore on his flagship.

Bao-Dur: "I dreamt of Malachor. I remember the ships.The last stand of the Republic. The tattered remnants of our fleet, the largest we could gather, but it was damaged, weakened and vulnerable.The Mandalorians couldn't resist. They tore into us like beasts, shredding our ships to scrap as we fought back.Yet this time, there were no reinforcements for either side. Revan had been delayed out-system by Mandalorian scout ships. By the time he arrived, it was too late.And beyond Malachor, there were no more Mandalorians left to die.I remember standing on the bridge with you and watching the destruction of the Republic - watching ships full of soldiers and Jedi burn and die.

OOOOOOOOOH I KNOW I KNOW

Anyway, I think Revan'll be killed. Maybe by Exile (maybe Revan is acting as "undercover sith lord" - LOL - and Exile thinks he/she is enemy) and then we'll get nice case of Nice Job Screwing It, Hero trope and plot twist

To make it better maybe our New PC somehow manages to deal with both of them, thinking they're the Bad Guy and The Lesser Bad Guy

It would fit. Especially when remembering that originally Nihilus's mask was ment to be made of Revan's skull

Have you forgoten the plot already? You find out in the end that Revan was just true to himself, he was testing the republic and strengthning them for the upcoming "True threat." Revan in my opinion would mutilate Exile, but there' no chance they would fight unless they discuss what to do and ULTIMATELY DISAGREE. Revan wouldn't join the true sith because he just busted his ass killing Malak to get rid of the Sith Lord title... Now it would be funny that the new pc is not established yet to the force and the Exile and Revan fight over who should train him... Or you could get training from both of them... in some secret training deal... I don't know.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

You find out in the end that Revan was just true to himself, he was testing the republic and strengthning them for the upcoming "True threat."

logic that is quite lulzy indeed

Revan in my opinion would mutilate Exile, but there' no chance they would fight unless they discuss what to do and ULTIMATELY DISAGREE.

Revan lieks tacticz and overeloborate plans. Infilration to enemy ranks and causing civil war or such among them is pretty much only way he can delay their attack against known space. Plus there's no reason to believe they'd just bump into each other immeaditly.

Besides, Revan and Exile must be killed in the game or otherwise written out of the picture.

Game itself gives inclination towards Revan vs Exile deathmatch

What's better and twistier way than using the "Nice Job Screwing It, Hero" trope

Revan wouldn't join the true sith because he just busted his ass killing Malak to get rid of the Sith Lord title...

OOOOOOOOOH I KNOW I KNOW

...wasn't that clearly a joke

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to put it in more blatant terms at the time. And I thought you were serious excuse the partial flamming. Yes I agree something must happen to Revan and Exile.... but it doesn't neccesalry have to be bad... Think about a romance... (just throwing stuff out) a potential epic conflict in which all the characters must work together.. Some way of stopping the sith that causes them both to give their lifes.. New guy fueled by both of the master teachers kills one or the other... or both?

62nzp7r.jpg

Have you forgoten the plot already? You find out in the end that Revan was just true to himself, he was testing the republic and strengthning them for the upcoming "True threat." Revan in my opinion would mutilate Exile, but there' no chance they would fight unless they discuss what to do and ULTIMATELY DISAGREE.

The Jedi Civil War was not only intended to prep the Republic, but also to clean the Jedi Order, so that the next conflict wouldn't be a repeat of the Mandalorian Wars. With an infinite fleet, he could thin Jedi numbers without inflicting much on Republic forces (think Palpatine's Clone Wars, only with a different intent). Revan's plan was thrown off-track when Malak turned on him and Revan became an unsuspecting Republic trooper. Whether or not he would have use the Star Forge's arsenal against the True Sith is unknown.

Like I suggested in the OP, I think Revan would tell the Exile to go back to where she came from, since he didn't want anyone knowing where he went, and if the Exile refused to leave, he probably would start to get a bit more forceful in trying to get the Exile to take a hint. ... and considering the Exile isn't Bastila, he most likely has less of an issue striking her (Exile) down

DAWUSS

Have you forgoten the plot already? You find out in the end that Revan was just true to himself, he was testing the republic and strengthning them for the upcoming "True threat." Revan in my opinion would mutilate Exile, but there' no chance they would fight unless they discuss what to do and ULTIMATELY DISAGREE.

The Jedi Civil War was not only intended to prep the Republic, but also to clean the Jedi Order, so that the next conflict wouldn't be a repeat of the Mandalorian Wars. With an infinite fleet, he could thin Jedi numbers without inflicting much on Republic forces (think Palpatine's Clone Wars, only with a different intent). Revan's plan was thrown off-track when Malak turned on him and Revan became an unsuspecting Republic trooper. Whether or not he would have use the Star Forge's arsenal against the True Sith is unknown.

Like I suggested in the OP, I think Revan would tell the Exile to go back to where she came from, since he didn't want anyone knowing where he went, and if the Exile refused to leave, he probably would start to get a bit more forceful in trying to get the Exile to take a hint. ... and considering the Exile isn't Bastila, he most likely has less of an issue striking her (Exile) down

Yes I know that... That is pretty much what I hinted at, and Revan is not the kind of person to tell Exile to go and eat his ass. BUT I see what you mean, Revan set out alone, and didn't even take Kreia with him, so it is perceived as if Revan want's no one to come along. BUT Exile asked Kreia if he should pursue Revan, and Kreia didn't give him a straightforward anwser but obviously hinted at going with him. I think Revan would conflict but Exile having been the one to kill Kreia would have to explain what happened, as would Revan... So there would be a big discussion and most likely They would work together considering they both saved the galaxy.

Hey, Bane had a female apprentice, and no one was more bad*ss than him.

But yeah, I do believe all the supporting characters are geared toward a male apprentice. Plus the apprentice's voice actor looks EXACTLY like his character. This game's still going to be tyte, though.

BANE! :) Umm... anyway, yeah, TFU should be sick, but I'm not sure. But you can't be a female. at least that means there shouldn't be a Carth-like whiny character. :)

62nzp7r.jpg

Guest The Architect

Revan is aware what happened to the Exile on Malachor V, and I think that the Exile is just the person Revan needs to succeed in stopping the True Sith. I personally believe the theory that Nihilus was the dark physical manifestation of what the Exile rejected.

That being said, there is potential for the Exile's wound in the force to be sealed. I think Revan will turn the Exile into a Darth Nihilus II, of a much less deadly degree, however, without using force. Long story short I think their reunion won't have any fireworks and they'll work together to stop the True Sith from within and only after that's accomplished a potential conflict of interests may lead them to do battle with one another.

my opinion that the Exile is the higher road Nihilus and Nihilus is the low road Exile. different sides of the same coin comes to abilities and force wound.

I do think that Nihilus is another Jedi like Exile that went malachor 5. I do think also that Nihilus was bonded for a second to the Exile and that is why the Jedi council linked the Exile to Nihilus.

Guest The Architect

I could see it ending up that way. You've possibly got:

LS Revan/LS Exile: When LS Revan has finished being a fake Sith, LS Exile, not having fallen to the dark side before, is corrupted by it, unable to return to the light, even though the Exile made the same sacrifice Revan did in the first place. Revan tries to turn the Exile back to the light, this leads to a battle...

LS Revan/DS Exile: The Exile has no intention of returning to the light and tries to take down Revan, who's now the Exile's only threat to complete triumph over the Jedi. Meanwhile Revan attempts to turn the Exile back to the light, which obviously leads to a battle...

DS Revan/LS Exile: You could have it that the Exile returns from being a fake Sith back to the light and fights Revan, or the Exile tries to stop Revan and become the new Dark Lord. I'd have the former so for the latter it's different, you've got DS Exile trying to stop DS Revan and become the new Dark Lord...

I could see it ending up that way. You've possibly got:

LS Revan/LS Exile: When LS Revan has finished being a fake Sith, LS Exile, not having fallen to the dark side before, is corrupted by it, unable to return to the light, even though the Exile made the same sacrifice Revan did in the first place. Revan tries to turn the Exile back to the light, this leads to a battle...

LS Revan/DS Exile: The Exile has no intention of returning to the light and tries to take down Revan, who's now the Exile's only threat to complete triumph over the Jedi. Meanwhile Revan attempts to turn the Exile back to the light, which obviously leads to a battle...

DS Revan/LS Exile: You could have it that the Exile returns from being a fake Sith back to the light and fights Revan, or the Exile tries to stop Revan and become the new Dark Lord. I'd have the former so for the latter it's different, you've got DS Exile trying to stop DS Revan and become the new Dark Lord...

Good ideas but you need to incorparate the new protaganist.

62nzp7r.jpg